ExtraModMod continued

Odd bug: If I turn the Tile Grid on (Control + T), EMM instantly crashes. I have to load a different mod to turn the grid off, since EMM instantly crashes if the Grid is on.

Odd bug: If I turn the Tile Grid on (Control + T), EMM instantly crashes. I have to load a different mod to turn the grid off, since EMM instantly crashes if the Grid is on.
Are you using Blue Marble? It can cause that exact problem.

The version for FFH2, yes. Is that just an inevitable side-effect or is there a workaround?
I do not know of any workaround, but I never considered Blue Marble important enough to spend time and effort on trying to find a way to fix it. When I encountered this problem myself years ago, I simply uninstalled Blue Marble as soon as I figured it was the culprit.

I do not know of any workaround, but I never considered Blue Marble important enough to spend time and effort on trying to find a way to fix it. When I encountered this problem myself years ago, I simply uninstalled Blue Marble as soon as I figured it was the culprit.
Got it, thank you!

Hullo, same request as over here. It was actually inspired by a EMM game I gave up on after easily expanding my way to the top of the scoreboard. It's really making it hard to enjoy playing as it feels like the challenging times are just fighting off early wars, not facing well-developed opponents later.

It also sounds like, from this reply, that the problem has gotten quite a bit worse with some MNAI code, which doesn't sound like a good idea. Would it be possible to tweak that?

It's really making it hard to enjoy playing as it feels like the challenging times are just fighting off early wars, not facing well-developed opponents later.
I solve this by enabling increasing difficulty, but I assume you already start at deity? (Of course, a smart AI is more fun than just stacking boni.)

It would be best to have some data on this, if anybody wants to run some test games and look at the BBAI log, feel free to. Also, do you have similar problems in EitB?
If the problem with expansion really is that not enough settlers are produced, then it's fixable (though time-consuming to test). Otherwise I don't even have an idea where to start.

In any case, I'll make the code f1rpo mentioned toggleable via game option.

I had only meant to point out that FfH2/ MNAI additions could possibly play a role; I would agree that this needs closer investigation before changing anything.

I solve this by enabling increasing difficulty, but I assume you already start at deity? (Of course, a smart AI is more fun than just stacking boni.)

It would be best to have some data on this, if anybody wants to run some test games and look at the BBAI log, feel free to. Also, do you have similar problems in EitB?
If the problem with expansion really is that not enough settlers are produced, then it's fixable (though time-consuming to test). Otherwise I don't even have an idea where to start.

In any case, I'll make the code f1rpo mentioned toggleable via game option.
Thanks Ifgr! I jump around between starting on Deity and below with increasing difficulty. I'll play a few EitB test games to see if they're better there.

I assume its WAD, but For the Horde doesnt work once you've broken truce with the barbarians for whatever reason. Would be nice to have that on the tooltip (and maybe a one turn buffer once you hit 100% on trust so you dont do something like slingshot from 50% to 100% in a turn)

Is it possible or worthwhile to make it so that automated scorch adepts for the Clan don't touch marshes?

(not a triple post) should Hyborem start with, like ~250 gold so he doesnt potentially start in bankruptcy/strikes? Talk about fair weather vanguards from hell

Bug report: The Infernal Capitol doesnt get an Obsidian Gate on build like the rest of their cities.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is pushy, but is there a plan to include the recent MNAI updates (e.g. mnai-2.9.2-1u) with extramodmod? Or is there an easy way to merge the changes in myself?

Is there any reason I shouldn't set the city distance limit to 1? Its always seemed really unrealistic to me that cities can't be built one tile apart, and I want to be able to settle colonial forts like IRL Hong Kong and Macau on already inhabited continents if there's a gap to claim (obviously, I expect the AI to do the same)

1706943150626.png

Python exception when looking at demographics screen in the "end credits" after being defeated.

This is a bit of an edgecase, but would it be possible to allow for Scorpion Clan units to have a little upgrade path to the other ones? I had a wild game where buying a few goblins early vs a dovello rush gave me a cadre of hyperleveled Wolf Riders in the early game that it feels bad to have to start sunsetting since they can't upgrade to chariots at all.

Top Bottom