ExtraModMod continued

I solve this by enabling increasing difficulty, but I assume you already start at deity? (Of course, a smart AI is more fun than just stacking boni.)

It would be best to have some data on this, if anybody wants to run some test games and look at the BBAI log, feel free to. Also, do you have similar problems in EitB?
If the problem with expansion really is that not enough settlers are produced, then it's fixable (though time-consuming to test). Otherwise I don't even have an idea where to start.

In any case, I'll make the code f1rpo mentioned toggleable via game option.
Late reply, but fwiw I have seen some similar issues. I think it's more of a early-midgame thing, since once the AI decides to start getting involved in wars that are 120 tiles away, they'll basically never build or settle new cities, which can make things like overseas colonization free expansion for a human player (since the AI will almost only ever conquer barb cities and never settle past that). Similarly i've managed to wiggle out of slow start Huge Deity runs by just REXing while the much stronger AI is content to slowly expand/stagnate with its current decent empire which leaves them outscaled in the late game. I'd think you could increase performance a good amount with a couple small/decent tweaks in this regard.

Also completely unrelated to this topic, please make water mana nodes count as fresh water sources for the farm chain lovers:)

edit- completely unrelated, but it'd be cool to be able to sell treasure chests on the trade screen like you can siege/ships/animals

edit2- is it WAD that marksman doesn't work on naval units/stacks? Not necessarily complaining since I think magic missiles being able to go straight for transports would be busted, but is something I hadn't noticed before recently.

Last edited:
New release: 0.6.0-beta9
Download setup | Download archive
Full changelog

This release includes MNAI 2.9.2u and MNAI 2.9.2-1u.

In addition to that, there are two small bugfixes and a small gameplay change: Very remote areas now get a significantly higher density of lairs, to make them more interesting. Let me know if you feel it's too much. In the future, I want to ensure at least one lair per uninhabited island (maybe only starting from a certain size).

This is a bit of an edgecase, but would it be possible to allow for Scorpion Clan units to have a little upgrade path to the other ones? I had a wild game where buying a few goblins early vs a dovello rush gave me a cadre of hyperleveled Wolf Riders in the early game that it feels bad to have to start sunsetting since they can't upgrade to chariots at all.
Yes, that makes sense.

Also completely unrelated to this topic, please make water mana nodes count as fresh water sources for the farm chain lovers:)
That sounds like a fun feature, but it's not trivial to implement unfortunately. Added to the list.

edit- completely unrelated, but it'd be cool to be able to sell treasure chests on the trade screen like you can siege/ships/animals
That would require a little more thought on how the AI would handle that, I think. I'll add it to the list.

edit2- is it WAD that marksman doesn't work on naval units/stacks? Not necessarily complaining since I think magic missiles being able to go straight for transports would be busted, but is something I hadn't noticed before recently.
No idea, there's no way to attack ships with marksman in vanilla FfH, right? Anyway, as you say, this is probably fine as is.

Does a city not on the coast but connected to water by a fort have the ability to build ships?
No. A city needs to be next to a body of water with 20 tiles to be able to build ships (work boats depend on the presence of water resources).

1710570846851.png

Story checks out

No. A city needs to be next to a body of water with 20 tiles to be able to build ships (work boats depend on the presence of water resources).
Thank you!

It seems to be all barbarians actually. I haven't had time to test it, but if its not showing up with other games, I wonder if its something to do with unrestricted leaders, i.e. barbarian happened to be assigned a leader with the slaver trait.

Here it is. Unrestricted leaders doesn't seem to have worked (everyone's leaders are leaders their civ can have) so maybe I made a mistake when doing that setting. I'll run more tests later. In the meantime enjoy my Illian conundrum.

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0519.CivBeyondSwordSave
    973.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AutoSave_Initial_TURN-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    141.9 KB · Views: 3
The AI is night and day. Came back to FfH have years to find great work has been done!

Skimming the patch notes I saw something about the scenarios being available, but when I try to load them the game kicks back to FfH2 base. Am I missing something or are the scenarios not available with the EMM changes?

Skimming the patch notes I saw something about the scenarios being available, but when I try to load them the game kicks back to FfH2 base. Am I missing something or are the scenarios not available with the EMM changes?
The "Fall From Heaven II Scenarios" dummy scenario hasn't been updated to the new mod name, I will fix that for the next version. But this is quite unreliable anyway, I recommend starting the scenarios directly by double-clicking on the files in the Assets/XML/Scenarios directory.

Opinion: there should be a "resist force" promotion like "resist poison" or "resist lightening"
In DnD, force damage cannot generally be resisted, so I think it's fine as is.

Top Bottom