Thank you, Terkhen and Thorkal for all the work you are doing to what is, to me, the best version of any civilization ever made.

Today on FFH: Fire is weird. In this screenshot, an event ("lost control of fire node") created a blaze on a tile with two of my workers on it. I moved one out and kept one in to finish the farm I was building. The worker that got moved out cannot return to the blazing tile, but the one that stayed in is unharmed, and is able to finish the farm without incident. Many turns later the worker is still fine (I'm pretty sure. I think I would have noticed if they died, but I did eventually move them out of the burning tile because I needed work done elsewhere. They were able to finish the road without incident) and the farm still operational. The fire dealt no damage to the worker standing in it and the city was immediately able to work the tile. I feel like something different should have happened. At the least, farming in the middle of an inferno doesn't seem like it should be possible.

Attachments

• WeAllDancedinFire.png
    WeAllDancedinFire.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 192
That fire just works as a tile blocker, it's not supposed to harm anyone, only to ignite jungles and forests, and potentially spread. Won't affect anything else. Unfortunately, if a unit is in a tile caught on fire, it can be left there but if taken out it won't be able to return.

You can get similar results if you mesmerize sea serpent with a Satyr, it might turn up on land with no issues. When you move it to a water tile, it won't be able to get back.

So, not a bug per se.

Today I learned that the Great General's recruit is a spell, and thus blocked by the Amurite worldspell, as opposed to things like buying slaves which are also "cast" but are unaffected by the amurite worldspell and treated not as spells. This seems odd to me given that recruiting people is not a magical effect.

Attachments

• Recruitisaspell.png
    Recruitisaspell.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 226
Is there a page when I can read through the main changes included in this mod. I went to the wiki and didn't see anything.

It's been a while, I can't remember everything...

AI is better
Technologies reworked for better balance
5 new schools of magic added
Some events added
Unit balance
New leaders for civs added

Most of the changes are under the hood, it's about balance and stability and better AI.

Great to see the best submod for the best mod of the best strategy game is still being actively developed. Congrats Terkhen! :)

Thank you, Terkhen and Thorkal for all the work you are doing to what is, to me, the best version of any civilization ever made.

Thank you! :D

Can someone explain a bit better the part how to get EMM working in multiplayer over the internet?

Last time I tried playing through internet this worked: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/gamespy-substitute-server-project.534629/

Today on FFH: Fire is weird. In this screenshot, an event ("lost control of fire node") created a blaze on a tile with two of my workers on it. I moved one out and kept one in to finish the farm I was building. The worker that got moved out cannot return to the blazing tile, but the one that stayed in is unharmed, and is able to finish the farm without incident. Many turns later the worker is still fine (I'm pretty sure. I think I would have noticed if they died, but I did eventually move them out of the burning tile because I needed work done elsewhere. They were able to finish the road without incident) and the farm still operational. The fire dealt no damage to the worker standing in it and the city was immediately able to work the tile. I feel like something different should have happened. At the least, farming in the middle of an inferno doesn't seem like it should be possible.

The worker should have been getting damage, but the rest is similar to features that are intended. Certain units can enter tiles with fire normally (for example units with the nomad or demon promotions), but I don't know why the game was considering that worker able to stand to the fire in this case.

Today I learned that the Great General's recruit is a spell, and thus blocked by the Amurite worldspell, as opposed to things like buying slaves which are also "cast" but are unaffected by the amurite worldspell and treated not as spells. This seems odd to me given that recruiting people is not a magical effect.

That is a bug. Thank you! I will get it fixed for the next version.

Is there a page when I can read through the main changes included in this mod. I went to the wiki and didn't see anything.

Check the emm_features.txt file in the download. It contains a list of all the changes with regard to More Naval AI. You can check everything that More Naval AI changes in that mod's changelog. You can also check it online here:

https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extra...6ef68e/mainFolder/emm_features.txt?at=default

I have played two games with illians, and war weariness killed me more than enemy. So, the draw ritual - at the war vs everyone - needs lessay - 30% WW reduction. I have mentioned it here, I believe, it is more a reminder. Especially on the bigger maps....

I agree! It must have gotten lost. I will implement a WW reduction for The Draw in 0.6.0. We can discuss the actual value now. I believe that 30% sounds fine, but I'd need to check the values granted by other buildings/wonders in more detail to be sure.

Hmm so regarding the bugs I've been finding today I learned that I apparently do not have the latest version (not sure which one I do have but it doesn't have the discworld map). Let me download the latest version and I'll see if those bugs still appear (though some like the fire dancing worker are pretty hard to reproduce)

Thanks Terkhen. That list of changes is exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna download this now and check it out!

Someone may have ran into the same issue so I'm asking : when you gives the order to terraform to the priests of the leaf, I often find that they launch other spells than the terraforming ones. Normally I wouldn't care too much, but sometimes, it's the world spell which is spelled. Anyone has experienced this and know a way to avoid it ? Like a "forbid world spell launching" or something like that ?

some minor issues: balseraphs.s UB Hall of Mirrors costs 180 hammers, 120 is better; Calabim can build both courthouse and governor.s manor; and "number of maintenace" counts kurios settlements as cities, thats unfair cities atleast "pay off" their upkeep - production, commerce, science, settlements on the other hand - not.

With a nighwatch from undercouncil resolution you can establish CoE, that is an oversight.

Last edited:
Hmm so regarding the bugs I've been finding today I learned that I apparently do not have the latest version (not sure which one I do have but it doesn't have the discworld map). Let me download the latest version and I'll see if those bugs still appear (though some like the fire dancing worker are pretty hard to reproduce)

Okay, let me know how it goes. I think that only Malakim and Infernals should be able to get inside of the fire (or maybe mutated workers with fire resistance).

Thanks Terkhen. That list of changes is exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna download this now and check it out!

Cool, I hope you enjoy it :)

Someone may have ran into the same issue so I'm asking : when you gives the order to terraform to the priests of the leaf, I often find that they launch other spells than the terraforming ones. Normally I wouldn't care too much, but sometimes, it's the world spell which is spelled. Anyone has experienced this and know a way to avoid it ? Like a "forbid world spell launching" or something like that ?

That sounds like a very bad bug. Could you upload a savegame in which the issue is happening? I'll chase it for 0.6.0.

some minor issues: balseraphs.s UB Hall of Mirrors costs 180 hammers, 120 is better

Why is it better?

Calabim can build both courthouse and governor.s manor

That's intended. Governor's Manor was considered quite overpowered. Separating the production effect and the maintenance reduction effect in two different buildings was considered a good solution by Erebus in the Balance, and I agree (as I do with nearly all of their changes).

"Number of maintenace" counts kurios settlements as cities, thats unfair cities atleast "pay off" their upkeep - production, commerce, science, settlements on the other hand - not.

That is a very good point, and I agree. I am not sure if settlements should have just a reduced contribution to "number of cities" maintenance, or if it should just be zero. I am inclined towards the second one.

With a nighwatch from undercouncil resolution you can establish CoE, that is an oversight.

Why? The Undercouncil is heavily tied with the Council of Esus in the lore. I think it makes sense for it to allow spreading Esus. It is also kind of difficult to spread the religion already.

That sounds like a very bad bug. Could you upload a savegame in which the issue is happening? I'll chase it for 0.6.0.
Hi Terkhen, thanks for noting my post.

Here I attached 2 saves which show the problem (ignore the abysmal level of the player ;) ). Both have a priest of leaves in evermore. When I ask him to terraform automatically I have these results :
- in the first save (turn 200), he will invoke a tiger instead of creating a new forest
- in the second save, the tiger has already been invoked so he can't use this spell and use the world spell instead

It's possible to avoid this by launching the auto terraforming when the unit is on a tile where the terraformation can be done. However, it can still happen that, if at the beginning of its turn the unit can't cast its terraforming spell for a reason or another (for instance, if two priests of leaves move on the same tile the same turn), it'll cast anything else instead, including the world spell.

Well, I don't think it's a big issue, I still play with your mod a lot (currently tring hard to make the doviellos work).

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    289.4 KB · Views: 130
  • AutoSave_TURN-0208.CivBeyondSwordSave
    296.3 KB · Views: 150
Hall of mirrors is nerfed - now randomly mirrors one unit per turn, originally mirrored the whole stack.

My changelog mentions nothing about that change. There are no code changes in our logs in either More Naval AI or ExtraModMod. I just tested in vanilla Fall from Heaven 2 and it is also mirroring a single unit. So I wonder from where did that argument come from.

- in the first save (turn 200), he will invoke a tiger instead of creating a new forest
- in the second save, the tiger has already been invoked so he can't use this spell and use the world spell instead

Thank you for the savegames! I will look at this issue for 0.6.0 :)

Top Bottom