ERIKK

multiplayer
In a PBEM game that I am playing I captured a Catapult. Later I
upgraded it to a Trebuchet. Then a bug comes into play: while the
'captured list' gets updated, (why? I captured a Catapult, not a
Trebuchet!) the unit list is not correctly updated and says 0
Trebuchet!

A screenshot

Description of problem - F3 screen not correct, see screenshot.
Steps to reproduce - Upgrade a captured Catapult to Trebuchet.
Observed result - The 'captured list' gets an update while the
regular 'units list' does not (entirely).
Expected result - The 'captured list' should say Catapult (IMO)
and the 'units list' should show 1 Trebuchet + a pic of it.

I think captured units are never shown on the 'units list', so the trebuchet should not show up there either.
Arty units do not lose their nationality when you grade them up, so they *should* stay in the 'captured list' IMHO.

The displayed '0' there for trebuchets might be a bit confusing, though.
If you would disband all your native workers (and have slaves), I guess you'd get '(0)' workers displayed in the units list as well.
That is, I had "(0) POW" shown in the units list when I captured a worker from the Japanese in the WW2 scenario (POW is their worker unit).

So the '0' feels somewhat buggy.
(Well, when you see a "(0)", you know at least there's some unit of that kind in the captured list, if that got already very crowdy;))

I think it's strange that you can capture any military unit, let alone not have to pay support for it. This can really give the player an advantage over the AI, in my last game I had a whole stack of captured foreign artillery, I used the extra gold saved per turn to support armies of tanks to crush the enemy, after their own captured artillery had redlined their former brothers.

Top Bottom