Faerun

First of all, thanks a lot that you keep working on the mod. I would like to report a bug: When playing Szass Tam, around turn 50 the required weave needed to learn a new spell is decreasing instead of increasing and it keeps decreasing every turn. This didn't happen when I played as Neverember.

Btw. looking forward to the Civ 6 version... :)

First of all, thanks a lot that you keep working on the mod. I would like to report a bug: When playing Szass Tam, around turn 50 the required weave needed to learn a new spell is decreasing instead of increasing and it keeps decreasing every turn. This didn't happen when I played as Neverember.

Btw. looking forward to the Civ 6 version... :)

Update on this: The issue seems only to happen when you are at war with someone.

Hy guys! Can someone please help me. ive instaled this MOD, did everything in order, enabled faerun and art assets. but when i try to set up new game, i dont have any option to start with faerun civ, only normal ones. please help if you can, tnx in advance

I would like to report another bug (if you are still out there, dear Framed Architect):

Running Mods:

Faerun Sword Coast v.7
Faerun Art Assets v.6
Faerun Soundtrack v.4

When doing the druid encounter "The Beastmaster", the game always crashes when engaging "Geelpion". Also, the graphic for "Geelpion" doesn't load.

That's good news; I will try the new version today. Thanks for the update!

With v.17, there seems to be issues with the city state hero quests:

If you accept the "Wait Training" quest, you get a blank dialog box with the result:

Wait Training 2.jpg

Also, e.g. "messengers tale" quest doesn't show you the target area anymore, where you have to go.

Last edited:
With the gods and kings mod it always seems to crash for me. I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips but still no luck. I have on one occasion during a duel made it to turn 97 but then it crashed, it usually crashes much earlier especially with more cpu's in the game. Training the fighter hero was one of my problems but if you don't train him you're ok. Gorgeous mode though. I would really like to play it all the way through but I guess that will have to wait for a fix or until I get brave new world. Btw, I have tried the download for the Gods and Kings mod from steam and Civfanatics but it still crashes.

can anybody comment if this is an issue on my part? Just dled this version while trying out some new mods, but I notice my units do not have any sort of unitbar or symbol above them. Is there a way to toggle this, or something turned off in interface? Thanks in advance

edit: fixed itself randomly, seems to be a lingering issue after using the community balance patch.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but playing as drow, clerics trained with either of the first two temples of lolth (haven't gotten a level 3 city yet) are missing their blasphemy spell. I'm trying to look through sqls to see if I can find the issue but no luck yet. Fantastic mod btw.

Edit: Figured it out - FS_Spells.sql needs an insert into the last section "promotion allocations"

Code:
SELECT 'PROMOTION_BLASPHEMY',                           'UNITCOMBAT_GUN' UNION ALL

Last edited:
This mod is great, but I can't figure out how spells work. The AI does use spells, but I don't see any why to cast them myself. The actions bar on the left does look like it misses an icon, though... I've poked around in the source code, but I don't know anything about modding Civ.

Last edited:
I have to report another bug (or limitation) with v.17: If you finish more than 1 "build a wonder" at the same time, the system gets confused and you are not able to choose a wonder for neither of the finished "build a wonder".

Last edited:
Hi! I don't know if anyone posted this but I'm getting a weird bug. I'm trying to play the BNW version but when I try to load the mod, its saying I don't have all the requirements installed. I have all DLCs and the Faerun Art Assets installed. The Sword Coast scenario os loading fine, even though it have the same requirement as the BNW version.

Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks!

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out. For some reason my game wasn't updated, it was 1.0.3.276 so I verified the game cache and I think it forced steam to update to 1.0.3.279. Weird.

Last edited:
I don't know why or how I missed this mod for so long. Was I living under a rock or something? Absolutely loving it. Thanks!

I've been playing a lot of CIV5 because I don't like CIV6 as much. In my opinion it lacks interesting Leaders. But after playing CIV5 for so long, the game gets boring after medieval/renaissance era, so this mod is perfect for me. The problem is, I don't fully understand it yet. Is there a guide somewhere? Like, how do I removed the "occupied" unhapiness debuff? Is there any building that replaces courthouses?

I don't know why or how I missed this mod for so long. Was I living under a rock or something? Absolutely loving it. Thanks!

I've been playing a lot of CIV5 because I don't like CIV6 as much. In my opinion it lacks interesting Leaders. But after playing CIV5 for so long, the game gets boring after medieval/renaissance era, so this mod is perfect for me. The problem is, I don't fully understand it yet. Is there a guide somewhere? Like, how do I removed the "occupied" unhapiness debuff? Is there any building that replaces courthouses?
I thought you were talking about cavemen to cosmos civ4 =P. I get real excited about Faerun then i leave early from boredom. seems like not many interesting things can be done in game

. I get real excited about Faerun then i leave early from boredom. seems like not many interesting things can be done in game

Well, I think its true for any CIV games to be honest. Its the same thing every game, you just switch units. Lately, I've stoping playing everytime it hits renaissance era because it gets boring and stale. But I guess my opinion is based on the fact that I just want a CIV game with sword and magic for so long that the actual game do not seem as interesting to me anymore.

I'm having UI issues with Sword Coast and Faerun.
Sword Coast - I can't see city banners. I can't interact with cities to get quests. (Note: I can see unit icons ...)
Faerun - No unit icons, I can select units and move them but it's a bit hard to see them on the map. (note: I can see city banners playing Faerun)

I un-subscribed to ALL mods, deleted my cache, rebooted my computer, subscribed to Art Assets, Silver Coast, Faerun and Faerun Soundtrack. Still no city banners or unit icons. I then reinstalled Civ5, and resubscribed, still no city banners or unit icons.

Top Bottom