Failed to decompress game data

azatol

Warlord
I reformatted my computer yesterday to clean up the computer, and I backed up many files, including a hotseat savegame for my Ffh All Leaders Battle story. I have now reinstalled Civ 4 BTS from steam, verified it is 3.19. Downloaded Fall from Heaven, and I get an error when loading the save.

The error is as in the title: Failed to Decompress Game Data. I am on Vista, but I have turned UAC off. Also I right clicked on the file, and it mentioned whether I wanted to turn off blocking because the file was from another computer. I turned off the blocking and the problem is still happening.

I have put the file in the normal save game directory, as well as on my desktop. I previously had the latest version of Ffh, but I didn't download any of the extra patches, at least I didn't think so, but maybe I did.

Would loading the file in the wrong version of Ffh cause this error? Maybe someone else can try to load this file and see if it works. It could still be something with Vista, I suppose.

Attachments

• Jonas Endain AD-0126.CivBeyondSwordSave
    100.6 KB · Views: 163
Win7 + BtS 3.19 + FfH2 0.41o, I am unable to load your saved game; I get the same "Failed to Decompress" error.

If you were also using v0.41o then it is possible that the error is not from FfH2 itself. You might have had another mod installed (namely, a modmod affecting FfH2), or you might have modded FfH2 yourself (to apply the PZ/SoA fixes, for example). If you had done that, then you won't be able to resume that saved game until you reinstall the modmod and/or reapply any changes you made to the game files.

Top Bottom