Fairline ToT Scenario Graphics

Gapetit, have you ever converted Harlan Thompson's "Viking"? It was very interesting - a tour of the era in the same way that "Mongols" was.
The basic conversion is done, if Fairline is animated with graphics, it is done. Then it would only be necessary to check that everything works correctly. Already in the last phase is another classic: THE AGE of CHARLEMAGNE by Exile, which has been incredible with the Fairline units. I hope in a short time to upload it.

THE CONQUEST OF MEXICO (THE AZTEC'S ROAD TO EMPIRE) by Jesús Balsinde

Catfish: terrain CurtSibling: cities, people Gapetit: Terrain Fairline: units, cities, terrain

An excellent scenario by Jesús Balsinde converted for ToT by Gapetit. I've made up a new set of units and Mesoamerican cities (based on Jamestout's originals) for it, and slightly tweaked some of the terrain from the files Gapetit posted.

The scenario is a classic Empire expansion model, with heaps of historical accuracy and a twist on the Red Front vibe: in this one you start strong and end up virtually powerless while clinging on against the Conquistadores.

screeny.png

Attachments

• fairline Mexico gfx.rar
    329.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
THE CONQUEST OF MEXICO (THE AZTEC'S ROAD TO EMPIRE) by Jesús Balsinde

Catfish: terrain CurtSibling: cities, people Gapetit: Terrain Fairline: units, cities, terrain

An excellent scenario by Jesús Balsinde converted for ToT by Gapetit. I've made up a new set of units and Mesoamerican cities (based on Jamestout's originals) for it, and slightly tweaked some of the terrain from the files Gapetit posted.

The scenario is a classic Empire expansion model, with heaps of historical accuracy and a twist on the Red Front vibe: in this one you start strong and end up virtually powerless while clinging on against the Conquistadores.

View attachment 577734

:eek: SPECTACULAR

Thank you very much Fairline :goodjob:

No problem, really - I haven't done a 'proper' job of it as defined in Catfish's checklist, but its perfectly playable.

Unit names - excellent, I was thinking I needed translations of Greek unit types, but I guess if I just make the unit gfx fit the attack/defence stats of the unit, that should be OK.

EDIT: On second thoughts, what are these:

Staurophoroi (latins) Are these Crusaders?
epilect (latins)
misthorophoroi (latins)

Fairline: I know this was a decade ago, but do you still happen to have your "quick and dirty" conversion of Empire of Thessalonike? I would love to get my hands on this.

Those are really beautiful pixel graphics in this thread. Many thanks for that!

Those are really beautiful pixel graphics in this thread. Many thanks for that!

It's amazing what magic can be wrought in a game modded completely by bitmap and text files that some more modern games that you require advanced coding and 3D graphics-modelling skills to do so find prohibitive to duplicate. :p

Top Bottom