Fairy Tale

Yeah I could have to play again until about turn 80 it was
then it started crashing
becuz now I deleted already saved game

OK. Thanks. Maybe it works flawlessly this time around. It could be that the map gets too big for the computer with all the civs developing and moving about. But I'll take a look at it if you get a CtD again.

I'm sort of friends with the Elves, but the Principality is my best ally. Even worse, the score-zilla that is Arcana is best of friends with the Principality. (It was my luck that the Federation and the Principality went to war and because I was good friends with the federation they kept coming to me for assistance.) It also didn't help that the Federation had cottaged most of their forest so the Principality light cav were alble to ride over them. They are now like 5th in score.

O yeah, Elchers came after me with ANOTHER huge stack but I managed to sue for peace after I cheated in world builder a bit. (I reloaded after they attacked my stack and game myself a forested hill with a fort there.) Denerea also declared war on me but I was able to beat their attack off due to their limited numbers. Denerea should get a warship/caravel replacement with a much larger transport capacity so they could better able attack overseas. If they had 1 more warrior even, I would have lost my city.

And a strange occurance. Erezon has taken 2 Collective cities including their capital. Yeah. I'll upload some screenshots soon.

Two things that need to be rebalenced in Namyr.
>Their special courthouses (-75% maintnence) when combined with monuments gives me a -100% maintnence, so my cities cost me no money. As fun as awsome as that is, it is a little bit overpowered.
>Their spearmen replacement is 6 strength compared to the common 4 strength. A bit OP.

I've been thinking about doing an AAR for this mod. Any civ you would like to see? I'm leaning toward and evil civ that could beat on Elchers or Dal. If you have no opinion I'll do Zuur.

I will update the Namyr Bilding right away. I am going to give all nations an earlier transport ship than the Warship in the next update too, so that will probably work for the Denereans as well. I don't know which unit model to use as yet though.

Erezon does well. I liked playing them when I was playtesting them for the first time too; I was able to build up a good early position just because of their efficient early swordsmen. Nice to see that they fuction under AI command as well.

Yeah! I've been thinking about writing a story myself. I have long been thinking about writing the story of The Battle of the Angleeye Pass during the Collective War when the Collective was finally forced to pull back to the western side again. I'm looking forward to your story! A Zuur setup would be interesting!

Here are the pictures of my campaign.
Did you see my suggestion about adding a hill to the Namyr start location? Currently they are production starved as the AI chops forests at the first possible chance. THe hill really makes the game for them.

I'll start planning out the Zuur story once I finish exterminating the Dal.

If anyone knows, is there an easy way to see where all of your attachments to posts are? I have only around 20 mb left and I really don't want to trawl through all previous threads to delete pointless old attachments.

The Attachments menu is last in the list on the left hand side on your "My Account" page.

Yes. I made a note of the hill, but I need to update it on the map later, since I need to do it on another computer. This one won't even open the 100x100 map. I need to have my girlfriend's comp. But she's playing Zoo Paradise on Facebook right now :rolleyes:

I'm obviously blind on the attatchment thing.

I'm likely going to abandon my Namyr campaign as I checked in WB and saw a GIGANTIC Elchers stack coming my way and Elchers was reading 'we have enough on our hands already' for their war-bribe option. Since they are at war with no-one else, they are coming for me. (Sad Panda). I'm in no mood to fight of another stack even if my campaign is so much fun.

Yeah! I see you're having fun. At least this screenshot proves that. It had me Laugh out loud. :lol:

>41: Missionaries WILL convert you.

hey yours
I played now over 100 turns but have until now lesser cities than 30
In last game I had over 30 cities when ctd came
now I hav 25 cities only until now and works flawlessly at mom
It could be when I get over 30 cities when it happens
and had about 450kb if I remember corectly

Attachments

• Empress.CivBeyondSwordSave
    511.8 KB · Views: 73
MajKira: OK. You're doing fine then still. Keep saving as you go. Every five turns or so. If you get a CtD you can post the latest savegame here and we'll have a look at it. I'll test it then on the better computer and see if it works there. If it doesn't, there's something wrong in my XML.

Ajidica: Yeah! I'll check it out and also comment.

Le Sage: When it will so that CristallinCazarina will join my empire since they are good vasalls
I wish the update with Empress Icon civleader and mapunit
and these powerful flyships to carry on:blush:
Zuur and Collective you like better making them stronger than meee:cry:
HUGE army stacks they doin:confused:

Hey. The Crystallin will get an own Empress instead of the Emperor unit, but I just need to have a nice model for her first. I am going to wait and see what SaibotLieh comes up with. He makes female units, and says he's soon going to do some missionary units. I bet some of those will be applicable aas Empress. Otherwise I will do a reskin of an existing unit.

Don't worry. I am working on updates as fast as I can. I've done quite a lot on Update 6b already, but there's more I need to do. So much to do, so little time.

Talking of big stacks. The following images were taken during an early game of mine. Like Version 3 of Fairy Tale or something. I played the Elven Federation in the scenario "The Collective War". The first image is pointing west, the other one north.

I was growing my Elven Federation in peace and tranquility and just lending symbolic help to the Principality and the Norse as they carried the fight to the enemy. First, the Principality was invaded, and then the Collective turned against the Norse, annihilating them in an epic fight! I sent in some archer squadrons to harrass the Collective rear and flanks, but the Nordic kingdom was doomed.

Then came total silence. The break in the war actually had me believing that the Collective had forgotten all about me and that I was going to survive, but no. All of a sudden they appeared on the horizon, all these massive stacks of Collective troops. Top-quality, battle-hardened, powerful troops crossed my borders. Catapults, Trollsquads and Ogres! At least nine or ten such stacks seen in the pictures. They had my entire nation surrounded! Haha! Come on then! Give me your worst!

The main offensive came from the north, as can be seen in the right picture, smaller armies were sent into my land from the west, through the woods. The fight didn't take long. There was nothing I could do but sell my life expensively. The last city to fall was Villa, the second largest city in the Federation; the Elven Elite archers did an honourable job and gave the enemy serious casualties. But I was totally humiliated as they pumped in stack after stack of this, and I must say, that it was the absolutely most fun and exciting game I've had in a long time!

how do you rotate map and as asked already when becomes my vassall merged to my empire

and the Enchantress Spy unit is tooo slow movin to make espionage missions get gets no exp upon doin one to promo

I really cannot promise when and how I will be implementing new functions. I really don't know.

As for the flying camera, it's quite simple and A LOT of fun. I do all my screenshots in flying camera mode. You need to opern up your Civ.ini file. Open the Civ4Config file in your Beyond the Sword folder and write in a 1 instead of a 0 after the "Allow Flying Camera". Then save. it might be a good idea to back up your Civ.ini too before you do the operation.

Start the game and when you're in, you can press Ctrl-Alt-F to activate the camera flying. The game is pretty much unplayable in this mode, but it's really great to make screenies. Use the arrow keys to move about and the mouse to look around. Note that it's also very sensitive. It takes a while to get the hang of it. You can zoom into the cities and take a close-up look, you can stand on the deck of your warship and you can take real detailed looks on all the units and so on.

Flying camera is quite slow on my computer. It's faster if you toggle the "Bare maps", removing the units before you enter flying camera, but it's not as much fun.

yup ill give the flying camera a try
I supposed it would be possible while yu play but ok

the HUGE stacks annoy me and frustratin becuz you have to put them down one by one and also catapult based unit all need to be handled one by one
group controlled bombard attack only possible on city defenses but not on unitstacks

and it there a way to see how many there are stacked together
its like when they comin with more than 30 units in a stack but exact numbers unknown

as yu mentioned earlier already the Princess falls as first in fight animation, and yes the guards should fall first

and the Queen as I said already once could be a offensive fighting unit instead of bein defensiv

The Queen is supposed to be the defensive counterpart of the Princess. The Princess is the offensive unit in the Royal Family. I just added the Prince, and he will be born at Tech Crusader Mentality. He will therefore be a late-game counterpart of the King, so there's really nothing that hinders me from creating new offensive and defensive Royal units in the future either. We'll have to see how that works out.

The Princess animation isn't working right with her two bodyguards, but I really like to keep them there, because her unit looks so cool with them along. I don't know how to solve the issue of her falling first either, because it's rather on chance.

Yes. If the stacks get too large, it gets hard to read how many units there are in them, since the list goes out of the screen. I suppose you can't click on it and get the list down in the panel to the left of the screen? I really don't know. That's a problem with Civilization IV overall.

There is a small mod-addition that has been released a week ago or so, which lets catapults bombard adjacent tiles, much like when they bomb a city. I will go and look it up right away and see how it has been done. Maybe I can merge the idea to see if that doesn't make stack-fighting easier. Perhaps give the bombard ability to Magicians...

Edit:
I merged a ranged attack function. It was a real easy update. From the next update, Magicians and Archmages will have the ability to bombard approaching stacks. They can cause up to 50% and collateral damage. Maybe this will make stack-war faster and more fun. It will be up for test in the next update, but if it is well-received, I will add more ranged land and sea units. Thanks go to Topsecret for this idea, and to you MajKira for mentioning this.

lol but bombardin units in adjacent tiles yu could do earlier than a week ago righ?
hav yu read me on spyin? Spies could also set bombs that damage garrisons if they hav a huge stack or sabotage the city defense
as said enchantress or witch don get promo upon completin a mission an mov too slow as most units do
spy units only get 1 movement per round
it need to be 4 ignorin enemy zones an terrains
and spies could able to see each other and fight animated

No I couldn't have done it a week ago. It wasn't until I saw Ajidica's pictures of the massive stacks on the big map and heard you talking about how tedious it is to fight stacks that I saw ranged bombardment as necessary. I only add things I think are necessary, useful or that I personally want to build further on.

At this time, I have no plans on doing anything to the spy system. I really changed the spies into witches and enchantresses to distance the mod from the spies of vanilla. I included them only because they do perform some interesting things, but I really find the vanilla spies rather irritating. :crazyeye:

no I meant the function itself to do ranged bombardment is developed more than a week ago
as a fantasy world itself there could be spells to cast and lairs/dungeons to get some exp
Ffh2 has spells and a cardgame ingame
royal members could be able to ride dragons, so some more dragons could one have more than 1

Top Bottom