Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

A litter of small fires illuminated the little village laying in the forest. It was a cluster of tiny huts, built from timber and thatch, with a crude palisade separating it from the dark, brooding forest. A peaceful sight, the cooking and camp fires giving a promise of safety and warmth. The word "pictoresque" would have certainly appeared in a travel agency booklet concerning the place. Very pretty up to the point where the natives boil you alive because you're stomping around on an ancestral grave.

A dark clearing stood apart from the village. Four goblins were walking towards it, carrying a great tray laden with bounty of the forest worthy of a king's feast. But the atmosphere was more of a funeral's. Gripping the handles tight, their fingers turning pale, the goblins slowly approached a great hulking figure, which was sitting atop a huge rock. The figure's pose was a textbook example of "Hangover On The Toilet."

Orthus lifted his face from his hands as the goblins lowered the tray at his feet. As they scurried back into the village, Orthus looked at the latest offering and uttered the orcish equivalent for "meh." He picked up the tray and went and dropped the food into the rapids of the nearby river. The little buggers were happier if the food wasn't untouched the next morning. He then returned to the rock and kneed, his head coming to rest against the huge boulder.

I'll post the next part tomorrow afternoon.

Do you want to claim it before Immac?

This would be good from my point of view because my mother-in-law is visiting, and its best if i don't play too much while she is here.

i.

Sorry for disappearing. I had to spend the weekend in hospital due to an unfriendly car and some broken ribs. "Bones knit, bruises heal and it still sucks. :sad:"

Let's see if I'll finish the story. I do have the save, though.

Attachments

• Valledia AD-0460.CivBeyondSwordSave
    232.2 KB · Views: 77
I am sorry to hear that Stuge. I hope you are feeling better. Broken ribs really really suck because you sort of constantly need them- for that thing called breathing we all do. Its really hard to stop breathing and when you do, it can lead to all sorts of health complications- you know... like death.
Hopefully no one else was hurt and you can make a speedy recovery.

I'm looking forward to hearing your tale.

i.

I've looked at the save and have a few observations-

• The 100xp+ Ogre is awesome!
  • Ships alot of hammers (civilopedia)
  • Faeryl is Annoyed and refuses to talk with us, just like Auric (He'll talk though). Perhaps destroying our allies was a bad idea.
  • FoL is in more of our cities, and those cities need culture more than the CoE one (perhaps convert to get some inquisitors and culture?)
  • Whoever made the economy so good- your amazing;)

Loosing Gibbon would suck...
on the other hand, using gibbon's special ability in a story-based succession game, would not suck and then we could switch to whatever religion you feel suits us (FOL or whatever) without worrying about our religious hero.
i.

Best wishes for recovery, stuge!
A religious conversion to purge corruption from our lands and to build a true Empire to stand a test of time would be nice.
Hey, a military coup d'etat anyone? :D It could change our religion into something else and set our civics to despotism/nationhood/military state? Or even better, a circle of religious fanatics overthrows the government, sets up a new state religion and sets our civics to theocracy/religion cultural value? Then an age of inquisition could begin, a strict, dark regime set on purging the unfaithful. Senate could be overthrown, and replaced with religious Curia, Valledia either executed, made into puppet queen sitting on the throne, or even leading the rebellion. The very essence of Amurites, that they are being run by mages, would slowly fade away, as constant conquests disintegrated the structure of Amurites and turned them from nation of mages to the sole superpower on Erebus, successor of the Patria, with no real connection to their heritage anymore.
Third option would be to adopt Republic, to give the actual power to the Senate, let entire population vote - mundanes as well, and let them vote out the religious change.

Losing Gibbon at this point in the game does not really matter - we can win anyway, let's focus on story.

The Great Rebellions
Written by the scholar Harrian Pottrius

Following the conquest of the Elven and Dwarven lands, the Undercouncil and the other cults began to take hold in these lands. The elves, lead by resistance leaders Garrim Gyr, Thessa, and the deposed queen Arendel Phaedra, the elves resisted the Undercouncil by exposing their crimes and forcing the Senate to act.

Soon, emboldened by the other resistance members, the worshippers of Sucellus, Amathaon, and Cerunneous began a great rebellion to rule themselves, and stop Esus' control.

The First Rebellion forced the Senate to accept the Fellowship of Leaves as the state cult, and to stop the spreading of the Council of Esus.

The Priests of the Fellowship were joyous, and they began to spill the blood of all heathens. War was aclled for against the enemies of Nature.

Gibbon Goetia had beeen cruelly ruling the Elven capital of Evermore when the rebellion began. Thessa and her closest allies, powerful mages stormed his palace, where Dark statues, ceremonial blades and other artifacts of Esus lay. While her mages destroyedd the artifacts and coaxed seeds to grow in the building to destroy Gibbon's legacy, Thessa came into the cellar where Gibbon was conducting his unholy ceremony.

He neared completion when Thessa burst through his enchantments, hands raised to cast the fatal blast. Gibbon turned to face her, threw down a cask, later identified to be holding Mistform Essence, and was consumed in a mist, and was never seen again.

The First Rebellion lead to a period of peace, where elven scholars shared their knowledge of the Way of the Forest, and how to protect Nature with Amurite Scholars.

Valledia was still 'retired' but controlled the Senate through her ties with Esus. She decided such deception was no longer necessary and went to meet the leaders of the resistance. Together, they formed a plan to become a true Guardian of Nature. The four divided up the empire between themselves.

Arendel would rule the old Ljosalfar lands, where Sucellus was the primary diety. She would rule from Evermore.

Garrim Gyr would rule Ocells to the Southwestern corner of the empire. There Kilmorph and Ceruneouss were honored for supporting all life. The dwarf would govern these lands from Ithralia.

Thessa would take control of the old Balseraph lands, including the new possesion won from the barbaric Orcs. Jubillee would be her capital, where the inquisition would have it's headquarters.

Valledia would rule the original Amurite lands, and serve as the High Queen. Cevedes would remain her capital.

The Second Rebellion started seven weeks after the first, when Valledia lead her private corps of magicains to the Senate House where the Senators were tortured to death in vile ways. A few escaped and headed to the Svartalfar capital, hoping for support. Faeryl Viconia knew better than to anger the new government, so sent their eads to Cevedes.

Thessa began a project to destroy all traces of Esus and the Overlords from the empire. Jubillee quickly fell, becoming a base for this movement. But the resistance continued in surrounding lands, led by Dain the Caswallan. He was a staunch supporter of the Senate, and sought to take Jubilee to stop Valledia's coup. Dain's resistance lost, and he fled to a hold in the barbaric North.

Garrim's lands welcomed his kind rule, and he bacame a kind governor, if the weakest.

Arendel Phaedra entered Evermore on a Griffon, proclaiming a return of the Old Ways. The Elves celebrated, leading to weeks of non-production in the Empire.

After the feasting and resistance ended, the Empire emrged stronger, ready to find their savior, Kylorin.

Spoiler :

The story is not finished, will do so later.

I enjoy this kind of stories :) So, we are now a multicultural theocratic empire, run by fanatical FoL priests? Nice. Never again we will be run by mages, so in a way it is a death of Amurites, but this is a story of Valledia anyway. :) Long as she is alive, we are fine. She would probably see this step as reforging the Patria, and taking power away from mages was a necessary step. But transferring it to priests could have some nice side effects. Once inquisition gets all heathens, I guess next step could be the former heroes and rulers - mages. Priests could burn all arcane casters so that divine casters have an exclusive monopoly on magic use. Then they could seek to eradicate all traces of former, 'oppressive' mages rule.
I also imagine sweeping economical reforms taking place, to make the economy 'in tune with the nature' and to make us a true guardians of nature. Land and properties confiscated to make room for forests, 'sacred areas' purged of any human intrusion... As drastic as communistic reforms.
Just bumping out useless ideas :p

Top Bottom