Fall Further - The Original Thread

I've just checked and it seems to be working ok.

Did you have Masonry (Kalshekk) or Writing (Omorr)? When I went to check it - I actually forgot the second tech-requirements myself, so this seems feasible (you'd still be able to build the Wyvern Monastary in this case too).

If that's not it - do you still have a save game that I can take a look at?

Yes, I have both masonry and writing as well as priesthood, elementalism and divination. Also tried starting a new game and just giving myself these techs and could not build the temples still. attached is my save game.

Attachments

• Michael Lock AD-0170.CivBeyondSwordSave
    283.1 KB · Views: 58
Yes, I have both masonry and writing as well as priesthood, elementalism and divination. Also tried starting a new game and just giving myself these techs and could not build the temples still. attached is my save game.

K - easy option eliminated - can you check the entry for CIVILIZATION_MAZATL in Asset\XML\Civilzations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml (any text editor can open XML files - notepad will do) and make sure the "<Buildings>" section looks as follows;

Code:
            <Buildings>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>BUILDING_PALACE_MAZATL</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_THE_EMPYREAN</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_OMORR</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_KILMORPH</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_KALSHEKK</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CIV_BUILDING1</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>BUILDING_DRAGON_MONASTARY</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PAGAN_TEMPLE</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>BUILDING_PANTHEON</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_LEAVES</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>NONE</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_THE_ORDER</BuildingClassType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_THE_OVERLORDS</BuildingClassType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_THE_VEIL</BuildingClassType>
                </Building>                
            </Buildings>

Most importantly the entries for Temple of Kilmorph and Temple of Empyrean (which are the ones replaced).

Mine look like this when in open the file
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_THE_EMPYREAN</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_OMORR</BuildingType>
</Building>
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE_OF_KILMORPH</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_KALSHEKK</BuildingType>
</Building>

correct or not
edit there is no space on my copy in empyrean or kilmorph

thnks :) found my way, unpacked unit arts, now will be long journey of texturising...... anyone have tip for me how i do valid DDS? Seems DDS i make by copypasting TGA from Corel to MSPaint while in MipEdit not working...... should i just make textures , give em to Vehem/Niks for making valid DDs and applying them to civ models?

Mine look like this when in open the file

correct or not
edit there is no space on my copy in empyrean or kilmorph

That definitely looks correct - and you definitely have all of the pre-reqs as well. I've just done a clean install using only the downloaded files and using your savegame I can build both of the Temples (Sacellums/Sacelli?) in your capital.

Next thing I'd suggest trying is doing the same (clean install), but beyond that I'm a little stumped. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Attachments

• Sacellum.jpg
    Sacellum.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 105
thnks :) found my way, unpacked unit arts, now will be long journey of texturising...... anyone have tip for me how i do valid DDS?

Gimp works well. There's a DDS plug-in.

Before I tried Gimp I used DXTBmp. It worked, but not as well IMO.

I often still use Corel to create/edit something. But I use Gimp to create a DDS, and I use Gimp and a Civ4 template to make buttons.

I often still use Corel to create/edit something. But I use Gimp to create a DDS, and I use Gimp and a Civ4 template to make buttons.

I was going to say the same thing, except with PaintDotNet instead of The Gimp.

Basically if you can create a BMP of what you want in Corel, you can open it in PaintDotNet/Gimp and save as DDS. In PDN at least it's just "Save As" - then select DXT3, No MipMaps and Save.

That definitely looks correct - and you definitely have all of the pre-reqs as well. I've just done a clean install using only the downloaded files and using your savegame I can build both of the Temples (Sacellums/Sacelli?) in your capital.

Next thing I'd suggest trying is doing the same (clean install), but beyond that I'm a little stumped. Has anyone else had similar issues?

I deleted the old mod and then I just tried doing a clean install of the mod twice and now i can not play either of my save games (as the mazatl or the cualli)

I deleted the old mod and then I just tried doing a clean install of the mod twice and now i can not play either of my save games (as the mazatl or the cualli)

Generally best to rename old-mod folders rather than delete them (for future reference), but a clean install of FfH 031 with Patch e and then FF 022 with Patch B should definitely work. If either patch is missing, it'll fail to load the games, but by the sounds of it you've probably installed them anyway.

Not a Vista machine is it? (I know that's rapidly becoming the "excuse" for any installation issues - but it does do some very weird things with Civ mods...)

I was going to say the same thing, except with PaintDotNet instead of The Gimp.

Basically if you can create a BMP of what you want in Corel, you can open it in PaintDotNet/Gimp and save as DDS. In PDN at least it's just "Save As" - then select DXT3, No MipMaps and Save.

Attached full ready model of Follower, its completed and ready for use.
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Follower.zip
    282.8 KB · Views: 47
Attached full ready model of Follower, its completed and ready for use.
Enjoy :)

Nicely done :goodjob: I've just done the "Gnosling" (I renamed the Gremlin) and have started work on the "Thade" (same deal with the Anomaly). Will get a screen shot added shortly.

Have you managed to get the Ottomans extracted? Archers, Swordsmen and something "Champion-ish" would be useful if you can find them in there. The Cavalry-line is probably going to be mostly denied to them, so no worries there.

EDIT: Screenshot of the Gnoslings. Thanks to Winddelay for helping to solve an issue with the reflection map for the glow on the staff (which was inherited from the goblin's spear).

They're currently implemented as "Gate-Creatures", 2:strength: 2:move:, 1 MetaMagic affinity, casts Metamagic 1 + 2 only, PostCombatGainKnowledge (gains extra experience when it defeats an enemy of equal or higher level).

EDIT2: I'm looking at another concept for the Psion as well - quite drastically different from the "mage look". Basically appearing as massive beings created entirely by the will of an extra-planar being (namely one of Mammon's demons in Oghma's vault). Significantly higher base strength than an archmage, but locked at Mind3 (no other spheres) and only Mind Affinity. Appearance-wise - probably based on the Nullstone Golem...

The Mage's really suit the Oghma side of the Kahdi, but the Psion is only obtained after siding completely with Mammon - it's a being of power and ambition and the visible projection of that reflects it.

Attachments

• Gnoslings.jpg
    Gnoslings.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 151
Vehem said:
(Sacellums/Sacelli?)

Sacella (I love giving minor grammatical advice).
Sacellum, sacellum, sacelli, sacello, sacello; sacella, sacella, sacellorum, sacellis, sacellis. 2nd Declension Neuter.

Thats not normally the order that the cases are listed in, which confused me for a little while. I would have listed Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative, then ablative (possibly adding vocative and/or locative). Assuming your's is Nominative, Accusative, Genitive, Dative, Ablative it is right though.

Nicely done :goodjob: I've just done the "Gnosling" (I renamed the Gremlin) and have started work on the "Thade" (same deal with the Anomaly). Will get a screen shot added shortly.

Have you managed to get the Ottomans extracted? Archers, Swordsmen and something "Champion-ish" would be useful if you can find them in there. The Cavalry-line is probably going to be mostly denied to them, so no worries there.

EDIT: Screenshot of the Gnoslings. Thanks to Winddelay for helping to solve an issue with the reflection map for the glow on the staff (which was inherited from the goblin's spear).

They're currently implemented as "Gate-Creatures", 2:strength: 2:move:, 1 MetaMagic affinity, casts Metamagic 1 + 2 only, PostCombatGainKnowledge (gains extra experience when it defeats an enemy of equal or higher level).

EDIT2: I'm looking at another concept for the Psion as well - quite drastically different from the "mage look". Basically appearing as massive beings created entirely by the will of an extra-planar being (namely one of Mammon's demons in Oghma's vault). Significantly higher base strength than an archmage, but locked at Mind3 (no other spheres) and only Mind Affinity. Appearance-wise - probably based on the Nullstone Golem...

The Mage's really suit the Oghma side of the Kahdi, but the Psion is only obtained after siding completely with Mammon - it's a being of power and ambition and the visible projection of that reflects it.

Great Job !!!! :goodjob: Like it very veyr much.... :D

About Ottomans units- yes i got them extracted - will proceed wit retexture
as soon as i have free time for that.

About Mages - can you please post remade pedia look for Advisors (with tint changed and staff) and Follower (pedia entry for model i posted)

About Psion - actually i though at start about way you thinking - nullstone golem look + mind affinity. Lets do that way, but lets leave old concept art for another unit, its still look evil and demonic, lets say some kind of evil powerfull jinn from Mammon plane.

GJ, we also will need to post all new units in CivFanatics Download section soon...

About Mages - can you please post remade pedia look for Advisors (with tint changed and staff) and Follower (pedia entry for model i posted)

Done :) Sadly you can't see the staff in the 'pedia view, but he does pull it out from somewhere when there's fighting to be done.

The only change made at all was that I disposed of the TeamColour sections (never been a fan and I already had the symbols in the relevant places from the old one).

Overall - I reckon those two units turned out brilliantly - big well done to you and NikNaks methinks :goodjob:.

Attachments

• Kahdi Wizards.jpg
    Kahdi Wizards.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 135
Awesome! I think I should edit the UV for the one on the left's face. It looks a tad, er, odd.

Hadn't noticed before you mentioned it, but he is a little cyclopian when you see him up close :D

Xienwolf recently came up with a promotion tag that implements the "PillageOnMove" function that the War Machine had, additionally making it grant gold properly when doing so.

The Change
The proposed change therefore is to alter the Raider's trait to provide the "Raider" promotion which implements the above - auto pillaging at no movement cost whenever you enter a tile belonging to a nation with whom you are at war, but not to provide "Commando".

The Reasoning
(1) Commando is strong, and quite often leads to Hippus (ideally, though any mounted commando works) stacks swarming 8-12 squares beyond enemy borders on the turn they declare war. It's a valid tactic, I'd just like the promotion to be harder to obtain.

(2) This actually encourages Raiders to "raid". Imagine Hannah dumping a few units next to a coastal town to raid and plunder, before jumping back on their pirate ship and sailing away. Horsemen riding through the outlying Villages of a civilization, stealing gold and leaving burnt buildings in their wake.

Possible accompanying compromise/rebalance
Commando set to require Combat 3 instead of Combat 4.

===

As always, I've posted this here to get some feedback before going ahead with it. It would have quite an impact on the way certain Leaders play (Tasunke, I'm looking at you...) but I think it is more fitting to the "feel" of the trait (raiding the outlying enemy cities to damage their economy and boost your own). Any comments are welcomed.

Top Bottom