Fall Further - The Original Thread

I've just added him in - I think when you saved it you kept the existing Mipmaps as at distant zoom levels he appeared red (as it used the smaller resolution Mipmap). I've resaved it without them and it's fine now.

Looks good though :)

mm seems there is something wrong with their hat - i changed its color to royal blue same as coat - but strangely it is red..... can you help to find where is problem and change hat top to same color as coat?
:crazyeye:

mm seems there is something wrong with their hat - i changed its color to royal blue same as coat - but strangely it is red..... can you help to find where is problem and change hat top to same color as coat?
:crazyeye:

Sorted - all I had to do was resave your file (Indian Fast Worker).

Sorted - all I had to do was resave your file (Indian Fast Worker).
awesome, that file should be used for rest of models i going to retexture.
(most of archer/melee units have same hat)

what about mounted units... as i understand we going to gimp/cut Kadhi mounted line?

awesome, that file should be used for rest of models i going to retexture.
(most of archer/melee units have same hat)

what about mounted units... as i understand we going to gimp/cut Kadhi mounted line?

Aye - hold off on those until I finish up the details - most of them won't be needed (possibly just one horse unit at the Horse Archer level - though it doesn't have to be a horse *archer*)

i have aweeeeeeeeesome idea for mounted units substitution for kadhi -------

flying carpets fighters ! :)
some guy with scimitar sitting on flying carpet :D'
aviable on alteration, requires trade as well.
parameters - base 4 str, can use bronze and iron weapons, hi withdrawal, chariot move

ugh
who then?
plannar ponnies? :rolleyes:

airship replacements for cavalry. semi living aetheral beings that float eerily through the planar gates.
nice idea btw..... airships.... shoudl i do some concept art?
about beings - there are already planned, Thades - should they be really fast?

nice idea btw..... airships.... shoudl i do some concept art?
about beings - there are already planned, Thades - should they be really fast?

The main reason I was against the "flying carpets" is that they don't really have any place or serve any purpose to the story - there's nothing really about the Kahdi that suggests they should have that sort of thing other than the fact they have an Arabian appearance and the flying carpet mostly originates in the Arabian Nights.

Airships have been discussed elsewhere and I agree with most of what has been said there. They'd make an interesting mod, but they're not really "fitting" to the lore as it exists - if they existed, they'd have a significant impact on the world - think of the influence flight has had on our world for instance, in less than a century... As much fun as gnomes flying around dropping bombs on the enemy (Luichurp concept in the other thread) and Wizards throwing spells from a fortress in the sky (Amurite/Kahdi) sounds - it's not something I'm looking for here.

The main intention of the Kahdi not having cavalry however was to mostly remove that line from them, not to replace it. The Sheaim for instance lose the Melee line (a major penalty in some respects), the Svaltafar have lost the siege units etc. Not every civ needs something in every slot.

My current plan is to finish off implementing the civ largely as was already discussed/designed, then to look at them and see if they need anything extra. To be honest - I think the original design and story is solid and differentiates the civ perfectly without going too far.

The main reason I was against the "flying carpets" is that they don't really have any place or serve any purpose to the story - there's nothing really about the Kahdi that suggests they should have that sort of thing other than the fact they have an Arabian appearance and the flying carpet mostly originates in the Arabian Nights.

Airships have been discussed elsewhere and I agree with most of what has been said there. They'd make an interesting mod, but they're not really "fitting" to the lore as it exists - if they existed, they'd have a significant impact on the world - think of the influence flight has had on our world for instance, in less than a century... As much fun as gnomes flying around dropping bombs on the enemy (Luichurp concept in the other thread) and Wizards throwing spells from a fortress in the sky (Amurite/Kahdi) sounds - it's not something I'm looking for here.

The main intention of the Kahdi not having cavalry however was to mostly remove that line from them, not to replace it. The Sheaim for instance lose the Melee line (a major penalty in some respects), the Svaltafar have lost the siege units etc. Not every civ needs something in every slot.

My current plan is to finish off implementing the civ largely as was already discussed/designed, then to look at them and see if they need anything extra. To be honest - I think the original design and story is solid and differentiates the civ perfectly without going too far.

i was hurrying when i made my last post ,and while was on my way home from job had some though................

i agree with Vehem 100%
honestly to say i dont like airships too
The only fast replacements should units like Thades (anomalies/energy avatars) that moving wit hight speed (+random lvl 1 spells ? ), which are gate creatures but not replacement of Cavalry at any means.
The initial concept of Kadhi was semi human. The civ have weak human base, as was designed already, they rely very much on plannar creatures. And follower humans (mage line) obcourse.
The most variety they get is from Advisor spells set, and choosing their path.

Slvynn - can you let me know which of the Ottoman units you plan to use for the remaining Melee/Archery units? That way I can just set up the ART_DEF's using the existing Ottoman units and then replace the files with your version as you complete them (without having to alter the XML again).

I had originally thought that I'd do some of the reskins myself, but the ones you've done so far have been brilliant - far beyond what I could manage without a *lot* of time spent - so if you're happy to do the skins, I'll leave that side to your artistic talents?

EDIT: Also - was this guy a concept for the Kadh leaderhead or just one of the units? It does look like it's headed in the right direction for the leaderhead image...

Slvynn - can you let me know which of the Ottoman units you plan to use for the remaining Melee/Archery units? That way I can just set up the ART_DEF's using the existing Ottoman units and then replace the files with your version as you complete them (without having to alter the XML again).

I had originally thought that I'd do some of the reskins myself, but the ones you've done so far have been brilliant - far beyond what I could manage without a *lot* of time spent - so if you're happy to do the skins, I'll leave that side to your artistic talents?

EDIT: Also - was this guy a concept for the Kadh leaderhead or just one of the units? It does look like it's headed in the right direction for the leaderhead image...

About Ottoman/Kadh units:
More to do : Worker, Archer, Longbowman, Swordsman = Champ, Warrior, Crossbowman, pikeman - Phalanx, Heavy Swordsman - immortal.
Last Version of Varietas Dilectat , Ottomans units as 3D model base.

About worker - where i get its model, which file consist worker model? Same wit hwarrior, though warrior seem be customized already...

About Kadh - that pic IS sketch for Leaderhead of Kadh, as well texture/model sketch for himself (Hero Unit - should be done still) (Hope Niks help here)
I think The leaderhead will be a last stage of Kadh work, because its really tough work.

About Kadh - that pic IS sketch for Leaderhead of Kadh, as well texture/model sketch for himself (Hero Unit - should be done still) (Hope Niks help here)
I think The leaderhead will be a last stage of Kadh work, because its really tough work.

K - though if it's going to take a while, it might pay to concentrate on it a little earlier (leaving it until last would likely mean that it takes quite a while *after* everything else is finished). I know it's difficult to say how long a piece like that is likely to take, but I'm aiming to have most of the code work done by the end of next weekend.

Ok here we go, Kadhi longbowman :
Please make same resaves for smaller mips - i still cant figure how i do resaves fast - seems its alot of headache, how you do that resaving?

Please resave all smaller for archer_weapons and oromowarriorblue textures, as well indiaworker head as you resaved already for Axeman.

EDIT: added new model - immortal

Please make pedia preview. Thnks :)

Attachments

• kadhi longbowman.zip
    148.9 KB · Views: 73
  • kadhi immortal.zip
    220.3 KB · Views: 82
i found this site :
http://www.louisfoxfire.com/music.html

the track you proposed -- i like it vm, but those female vocals...... they ruin everything.

Here is theme from there Antagony - Listen it from 0:21 (the firths 20 seconds should be removed)

http://www.louisfoxfire.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?file=antagony&name=Antagony

and another version of same theme, just varied, and more long (and seems better) one cut same 20 secs from start :

http://www.louisfoxfire.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?file=rising-dawn&name=Rising Dawn

Nice, fitting one , with really deep atmosphere and dark fanatsay Kadhi feel, that also have some feel of temptations of Mammon.

There is alot of valid music, just too much to check :)

another post about Kadh traits - may be it should be Agnostic, Arcane , Summoner (Adaptive) instad of just Agnostic, Arcane , Summoner, in order - to make difference from Tebryn Traits, and , as well to give him traits that are seems fit him as well - Adaptive and Charismatic.
I was giving him Arcane, Charismatic ... or Summoner, Charismatic , but he need both Summoner and Arcane/....
So only way to give him Charisma (people control), is giving him Adaptive trait. Also make Sence to have Finanical if he goes path of Greed.

Top Bottom