"Fall Patch" announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
This change would require some hefty reworking of diplomacy and trading. Currently if I sell a luxury or resource to the AI and it is pillages the next turn, I take no diplomatic hit, and if you got straight gold, you don't lose the gold. So without a change self pillaging would be highly abusable.

It would turn out to be worse than the "Plant Forest"/"Chop Forest"/"Plant Forest"/"Chop Forest" of previous games.

All well and good, but... Game has to be modded so "Longest. Name. Ever." achievement is possible; currently, there's a character limit on the city name. And then, I was hoping another DLC would be out soon. Another individual Civ or scenario, nothing like Gods + Kings. I do love those little DLC packs...

All well and good, but... Game has to be modded so "Longest. Name. Ever." achievement is possible; currently, there's a character limit on the city name. And then, I was hoping another DLC would be out soon. Another individual Civ or scenario, nothing like Gods + Kings. I do love those little DLC packs...

I got that achievement by settling 40 some odd cities at the Celts....

No one really grasps that they said "Before windows 8" which is being released October 24th. I suspect it to be October 7th.

Not to burst your bubble but Oct 7th is a Sunday.... Good luck. im guessin next week mon- thurs.

Not to burst your bubble but Oct 7th is a Sunday.... Good luck. im guessin next week mon- thurs.

Dammit. October 10th it is.
Anyway, I can't wait for it even more now that the source code will come out (Well I still have to wait for the mods but still).

For me, it's not even the fact that you can get unlucky with it. It's the simple fact that it's not predictable. I just don't like dice throws in my games. You always feel cheated when a die falls badly, even if it's after many good rolls.

Do you know what this smiley stands for: :spear: ?

;)

One thing they need to fix is the Robot vs the Barbarian Archers. I don't know if anyone has seen this but the Robot has trouble killing the archer. Defenitley a balance issue because the Robot should be able to kill the archer in one go.

One thing they need to fix is the Robot vs the Barbarian Archers. I don't know if anyone has seen this but the Robot has trouble killing the archer. Defenitley a balance issue because the Robot should be able to kill the archer in one go.
Thinks the devs have been watching too much Avatar ;)

Seriously, it's very rare that I ever get to see or use a Robot, the game is usually over by then and so are the Barbarians... so this is hardly urgent!

Thinks the devs have been watching too much Avatar ;)

Seriously, it's very rare that I ever get to see or use a Robot, the game is usually over by then and so are the Barbarians... so this is hardly urgent!

The Devs have been listening to too much nonsense to even have the GDR in the first place!

It's wrong insofar as it's "not X-COM". X-COM isn't about the individual battles, it's about the campaign and the way your soldiers develop over time. In that respect at least it's not Dawn of War - the campaign in games like DoW is a taster for the main game, which is the multiplayer battles; X-COM is almost the exact reverse. Multiplayer X-COM seems to wholly miss the point.

You seem to be seeing this less as a game and more of a statement i.e. "it's not X-COM", "wholly misses the point".
X-COM is a tactical/strategy game. This it the tactical component without the strategic so at best it's missing half the point.

Now if this isn't X-COM then what else isn't the game one might think it is? Basketball is played with fire players per team. If I play four on four is that not basketball? What if it's two on two? What if it's one on one? Half court? Hoop nailed to my garage?

Hockey. Played on ice with a puck. What if I play in the street with a ball?

There are four main varieties of Poker: Straight, Stud, Draw, and Community card poker also known as flop poker. Now which is the one true way to play poker?

You know these sports/games are also usually played as part of a whole season or tournament, but if I play just one game does it not count?

One thing I would agree on is that this game is not X-COM: UFO Defense. It's XCOM Enemy Unknown. UFO Defense already exists, I know because there's a link in my desktop and I'm free to go back to it. I also just bought Master of Orion 1 and 2. I like the first one better but the second has many great features that simply wouldn't work with the other features in the first one. So, call be traitorous but while I want another version of the classic design I wouldn't want to not have what MoO2 is.

I don't know if the developers have more right to say what X-COM is than you do, but they definitely don't have less.

Grappling hooks.

and a number of other things in the list are AI/city settler related.

The more I think about it, the more I can't help but feel that Battleships and Ironclads nerfing is a really bad idea for the AI. Unless the AI at Emperor+ brings a lot more warships and ground forces than it currently does, or launches a surprise attack when you are a tech level or two below, they are not going to take any of my cities on my continent with the amount of battleships and ironclads they build, given the lackluster firepower they would now possess. Why did they nerf them again?

Another thing that's been itching me: "Have AI build its units for sneak attack at a slightly higher priority if at high difficulty levels"

I guess this would relate to AI naval invasions at Emperor and above, and not just at Immortal Plus? Kinda hoping it would be, seeing my thread up there seems to have influenced this bit of the patch!;)

Well, there goes the Hwacha - I loved annihilating cities with one hwacha blast after promoting them from catapults.

Well, there goes the Hwacha - I loved annihilating cities with one hwacha blast after promoting them from catapults.

But that was clearly so overpowered that it had to be nerfed....

The Devs have been listening to too much nonsense to even have the GDR in the first place!

The problem with the GDR is that is called a Giant Death Robot, but it behaves as a slightly more powerful version of mechanised infantry. They should rename it as Moderate-sized Injury Robot.

How to kill your neighbour on Deity? start a war early game, take advantage of poor AI military tactics, kill units to get GG points, use GG's to surround AI capital so that taking the city is a cakewalk.

Have you actually implemented this strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom