Fall Patch changes discussion thread

That would be a little thing I like to call "broken."
Well, since these projects are inherently broken as they are, perhaps if they made them less game-breaking in themselves, an option for a repeat at some point would be viable. I'm not sure how this exactly would work, but given how real life has had "world games" (Olympics) every 4th year and "world's fair" (world exhibition) I don't know how often, but at least repeatedly, it might not be a bad thing if these events happened repeatedly once voted through, but with less extreme (or shorter duration) benefits for the winner each time.

Well, since these projects are inherently broken as they are, perhaps if they made them less game-breaking in themselves, an option for a repeat at some point would be viable. I'm not sure how this exactly would work, but given how real life has had "world games" (Olympics) every 4th year and "world's fair" (world exhibition) I don't know how often, but at least repeatedly, it might not be a bad thing if these events happened repeatedly once voted through, but with less extreme (or shorter duration) benefits for the winner each time.

I'm not sure about International Games since it's pretty late before it even gets proposed, but World's Fair is certainly overpowered to the max. Sure, you'll NEVER win it on Deity(maybe Immortal too?) because some AI will sink like 1000 Hammers into it, but a free Social Policy + 500 Golden Age points for 350 Hammers? It's a no-brainer to propose and on top of that almost every civ will like you for proposing it.

I really think there just needs to be more proposals overall for variety, though, rather than having these be repeatable, because that doesn't really make things that much more interesting.

For some reason the patch won't download. Is there another way beyond Steam?

No. Verify cache and/or restart steam usually triggers it.

Cultural exchange is pretty huge; it pretty much ensures you can win CV as long as you are far ahead on tech even though you have no theming wonders whatsoever. (won a deity game last night even against a 75k culture runaway with around 400+ cpt without Louvre, Sistine, Broadway, Globe, or Uffizi) Adjusted tpt was +71% even for differing ideologies! For ~800 base tpt the +71% will get you to influential faster than +41% by double the speed.

The previous patch I would've stalled out at +41% and 60 turns to influential and probably the game would already be unwinnable... I think the extra +30% ensures that no matter what you do tpt late game will always be greater than cpt, so CV no longer becomes impossible under 99% of circumstances.

(no longer do you have to play Brazil to win CV consistently on deity)
Also means diplomacy is more important in CV. I love this change.

I really think there just needs to be more proposals overall for variety, though, rather than having these be repeatable, because that doesn't really make things that much more interesting.

Yeah, definitely - why not have some sort of International Monetary Fund where gold gets boosted, or a Holy Seat undertaking that gives you a ton of faith for a while? And why not tie some of them to culture, faith, science, or gold output, rather than hammers? Scenarios do it, and it would also allow for all kinds of playstyles to shine.

Anyone wish that the World Congress was a little more active early on? It feels like ages before the first proposals get enacted. I remember having a war against Montezuma, proposing to embargo him, having the entire rest of the war, then when we were finally back at peace, the embargo popped up for voting and there was pretty much no point to it any more.

Anyone wish that the World Congress was a little more active early on? It feels like ages before the first proposals get enacted. I remember having a war against Montezuma, proposing to embargo him, having the entire rest of the war, then when we were finally back at peace, the embargo popped up for voting and there was pretty much no point to it any more.

This is especially true on Continents. :p

To be more specific, it's yet another way that Deity is unbalanced. The AI has Rocket Artillery by turn 250, (which is like 1700 AD or something) but the World Congress often isn't founded on Continents until well after turn 130. And there's like a mandatory delay of 30 turns before the first vote, so there's usually only about 50-80 turns before you approach the endgame. I've had a lot of games where there just aren't enough congress votes for International Games to even come up until end of days. Which is actually a good thing I suppose, if you're going for CV and want The Internet to coincide with International Games. ;-)

Top Bottom