Fall patch is out

OK, since I got ignored when I posted it, I'll post it again.

Urrr...I'm getting a really weird error. The game won't even start up, I get a

"An Error occurred while updating Sid Meier's Civilization V (Disk IO failure)"

Help? x_x

What the hell does that mean? It says that it's doing the update, and the update's finished, and then it gives me that error message. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've restarted steam, restarted my computer, reacquired files, everything, but NOTHING WORKS. Will someone please help me here?

Try reinstalling steam. I am pretty sure I had this issue come up before on a different game.

If that does not work then . Right click on the game in the steam library, Delete local content. Re-install the game.

I've worked out my game crashes about every 30 turns or so when on DX9, which I usually play on 'cause it runs smoother than DX10/11. Now I have to play on DX10/11 - it doesn't crash and runs a lot smoother than before, but the graphics have to be turned down a bit.

Not the end of the world, but I'd rather play it on the smooth-as-silk DX9 than DX10/11. Otherwise, good work on the patch! Crashes aside, it runs much better.

I am not having graphics issues, just the game hanging up.
On a saved game it hangs almost immediately.
On a new game I got all the way to turn 367 before it hung.
I can provide multiple dump files if it would help.
If you want them, what would be the preferred method of combining? rar or zip?

Either rar or zip. What would be most helpful is to cause a crash from something specific (like load a save), then go grab the corresponding .mdmp file and note what caused it. Thanks much.

After patching, I noticed that the refresh map (rather than starting over from the menu) option wasn't showing up anywhere? Was this added in, is it not working, or? Anyone have any info on this?

It was added in the menu and they called it "Restart", also only shows up on turn 0

Hmm.. 2 cities captured, only option I have is "Raze City" this can't be normal? Of the 10 hours i've spent on CIV5 in the past, I remember being able to annex/puppet/raze city.

This is the first time i'm playing on emperor difficulty, is that why i'm now not being able to annex a city?

Thanks

Have a bug....can only annex city's and can't puppy them...AI's can puppy city's though. Do you guys need the save file?

I've worked out my game crashes about every 30 turns or so when on DX9, which I usually play on 'cause it runs smoother than DX10/11. Now I have to play on DX10/11 - it doesn't crash and runs a lot smoother than before, but the graphics have to be turned down a bit.

Not the end of the world, but I'd rather play it on the smooth-as-silk DX9 than DX10/11. Otherwise, good work on the patch! Crashes aside, it runs much better.

Thanks! I'm having this exact same issue with DX9, but DX10/11 isn't so smooth, so I'll try your solution of using DX10/11 with the graphics settings turned down.

Something is wrong with capturing cities. I captured the capital of England, but I was not presented with any dialog of choices - the city was ANNEXED instantly. I loaded an autosave from the previous turn, but on that occasion I got the usual dialog with the option to puppet. While I have a save, I don't yet know how to reproduce the bug. Might have something to do with the dialog box changes, but after 2 extra tries at reproducing it didn't happen again.

I did a fresh reinstall and now shrines are missing. Trying again. I reloaded my old save, and my civ was still producing +6 faith per turn, +5 from stonehenge and a free +1 faith from nowhere, because there is no shrine to be found.

any word yet on what is causing the game to redowload mods everytime you start up the game and I'm also having problems with game crashing 50% of the time or more while reloading once the match has begun. Im unsure where to find the crash log though. I can find something called civilizationv_dx11_322813_crash_2012_10_31T14_37_58C0 but when i open it i get a bunch of weired symbols and words.

P.S please note the game crashing while trying to load a save started before the patch after i tried using civ5 in offline mode when it had been in online mode. I have since unistalled and reinstalled civ 5 4 times and reinstalled steam. I've never had this problem before until now.

I can find something called civilizationv_dx11_322813_crash_2012_10_31T14_37_58C0 but when i open it i get a bunch of weired symbols and words.

That should be correct. Please .zip it and attach it here.

I am now regretting my decision to go to work in the rain. Would have been great day to stay home.

At first glance I don't see any changes in the updated patch notes, other than the touch interface stuff.

Wow that sounds great, you have the option whether to go to work or not, if I don't work I get fired!

Has anyone tried to reinstall the game and had problems?

Ok if this works i should have my crashlog. I should also mention that trying to click the restart option while in game or trying to click go to menu while playing the game also causes it to crash :(
PHP:

edit. im also going to attach the dxdiag just incase.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_341540_crash_2012_11_3T0_17_1C0.7z
    22.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DxDiag.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 87
Ok if this works i should have my crashlog. I should also mention that trying to click the restart option while in game or trying to click go to menu while playing the game also causes it to crash :(
PHP:

edit. im also going to attach the dxdiag just incase.

Your specific Intel video driver is out of date (we did a lot of work in the area). Go ahead and download the October 2012 release and let me know if that takes care of the problem.

Also - I notice that City states are more likely to not raze cities. I have seen 5 city state captures of cities and only 1 razing so far. That expansion AI seems to have effected city states too

Funny, I've never seen a city state empire. What settings are you playing on?

Top Bottom