• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall patch

A thing that should be added is increasing the science bonus of trade routes through technologies,like:

- Philosophy;
- Education
- Printing press
- Scientific method
- Radio
- Computers
- Globalization

Sounds good!

Fall patch request: Change Indonesia city graphics to Polynesia's.

Much, much, much, much (that's 4 muches...now that word looks weird to me...) more appropriate and accurate than having the East Asian graphics

While we are at it: Portugal and Brazil (and maybe Spain?) should get Mediterranean. Or if they want to keep Portugal as Northern European, then Brazil should be as well. America doesn't use Native American city-style, why should Brazil? :lol:
Also, African city-style for The Zulus and Ethiopia (and those new African City-States)

I myself am rather perplexed regarding the Brazil UU that gives you points towards a golden age. I mean.. rather blood-thirsty and savage, no? Absurd cut-throat units that go on killing rampages increase my production of great artists/writers/musicians? Wat? Not very polite to present Brazil in that manner too!

I myself kind of hate the korean UU's and find them useless. I'd much rather spam 2-3 caravels ASAP, then try and find any use for those turtles (if it's even possible). And the other one is only good for fort defense or something.

Also.. I just finished a game with Morocco where I basically didn't get any benefit from their UA or UU's. Very meh. (Well, I must have gotten some more gold than usual, but it's not that big of a deal imo.)

Finally - I still don't like Greece as I can't find a way to make good of their early UUs.. :/

I mentioned before that imho the city state system is broken. The Diplomatic victory is therefore built upon a broken system, which of course can't work.
So together with the city states we also deactivate diplomatic victory in our games.

Maybe a solution would be introducing a system where the threshhold for becoming an ally of a CS increases with each ally CS you already have. The threshold for becoming freinds should stay the same though. This way each civ should have a bigger chance to at least have 1 ally CS.
And for Austria married CS could count as allied CS as well, so that they won't marry every CS they meet.

I have a few suggestions for the new patch.

Buff Great Admiral:

Allow the construction of a ocean outpost, this outpost will act like a citadel, it would convert the first ring of OCEAN ONLY tiles and provide a boost to defense to the ship ending it's turn in the outpost. The newly acquired tiles would allow you to upgrade your ships or heal as it is friendly territory.

Allow Great Generals to travel below ice. I don't know how many times I've had to delete my Great Admiral because he popped in a ice locked ocean tile

Increase default civilizations per map size:

With BNW the AI expands at a seriously hampered speed leaving large swathes of land available the entire game, it feels like there aren't enough civilizations as their should be on the map. I suggest all map sizes have a increase of 50% the number of civilizations created at default.

Allow stacking of some diplomatic conditions:

Once I go down the Patronage tree and get the policy for +20 influence and I pledge to protect everyone giving me permanent friend status with all city states, nearly every turn I am approached by one civ or another exclaiming they bullied my city state, once you tell them to stop the first time they will never get more angry at you. Last game Isabella approached me every 3-4 turns for nearly 500 turns (Marathon Huge) and I told her to stop, yet she never got overly upset at me.

Maybe a solution would be introducing a system where the threshhold for becoming an ally of a CS increases with each ally CS you already have. The threshold for becoming freinds should stay the same though. This way each civ should have a bigger chance to at least have 1 ally CS.
And for Austria married CS could count as allied CS as well, so that they won't marry every CS they meet.

I would like to see something like this as the way things are right now it's usually the human and perhaps one runaway AI in control of all the CSs. Everyone else gets nothing.

Various ways to make every civ have a chance of getting a few CSs/number of delegates that matter:
  • Distance to your capital could potentially affect how much influence your gold buys or how fast it drops.
  • You're limited to the amount of gold you can gift to a CS by a few turns similar to how you can't gift several units via the 'send gift' options.
  • Gold given should be in GPT and not lump sums. Influence should build up slowly to counter the 'nuke all CSs with your 10000 gold 1 turn prior to the vote' tactic.
  • Perhaps trading with a CS that currently has another ally should decrease their influence (but not increase yours unless you have the freedom policies).

This would make a diplomatic victory somewhat more difficult rather than a victory that you just stumble into.

I would like to see something like this as the way things are right now it's usually the human and perhaps one runaway AI in control of all the CSs. Everyone else gets nothing.

Various ways to make every civ have a chance of getting a few CSs/number of delegates that matter:
  • Distance to your capital could potentially affect how much influence your gold buys or how fast it drops.
  • You're limited to the amount of gold you can gift to a CS by a few turns similar to how you can't gift several units via the 'send gift' options.
  • Gold given should be in GPT and not lump sums. Influence should build up slowly to counter the 'nuke all CSs with your 10000 gold 1 turn prior to the vote' tactic.
  • Perhaps trading with a CS that currently has another ally should decrease their influence (but not increase yours unless you have the freedom policies).

This would make a diplomatic victory somewhat more difficult rather than a victory that you just stumble into.

From your suggestions I think first 2 are quite good. For the first you could also add the number of CS allies into play.
The third suggestion needs a slight change. GPT to CS and influence building up requires kind a new mechanic. What you want to achieve could also be done in another way. The influence from gifting units isn't acquired instantly but after several turns afaik. The same could apply to gold gifts resulting in a gap of 3-5 turns between the gold gift and the increase in influence with the CS.
But I don't know what to think about the 4th because it could be a "gold pit" if 2 civs would compete constantly over a CS.

As a more general question, after the fall patch, what is next for Civ V and the series? Can we expect more patches and DLC for Civ V? How long before we can expect Civ VI to be released? Civ V is my first game in the series, so I'm not sure what the development cycles are like.

whats wrong with Indonesia having East Asian graphics? they are from South East Asia after all..?

Southeast Asia does not equal East Asia...not even close

Southeast Asia's biggest influences come from India, not China (except Vietnam)

But Indonesia specifically has city graphics much closer to Polynesia. I don't know if it's because of the archipelago nature or what, but the East Asian graphics are definitely off

(I figured replacing graphics with preexisting graphics is a much more reasonable request than requesting entirely new Southeast Asian graphics)

I believe that the third option would be the most effective at making Diplomacy more fair between the AI and the player, i'm fine with lump sums, but the influence should not be all at once, unless you are already their ally.

It has also baffled my mind why you can't group military and nonmilitary units. I mean unless some people find it fun to move great admiral, move warship... move swordsman, move great general...

Yeah, we need this.

Also, while grouped, GGs should move where the other unit goes, even if the other unit is faster than the GG. (That Swedish UU that sort of has this can come up with a better advantage).

Also it would be really helpful to draw signs on the map like in cIV. I would label each city what it specialized in.

Ex. put a sign that says "Production City", "Military City", "Great Person Farm", or "Science City"

Its difficult for me to remember what I assigned to each city.

Good ideas.

Also in lieu of the second one, there could be diminishing returns where each gift pulls in a little less influence than the last. Then the diminishment itself would diminish over time (go a while without gifting and you'll be back to normal). This would not affect the excess influence earned during a works project.

I would also argue for "more quests" but they've been pretty creative and I can't think of anything special that doesn't boil down to luck (which many of the quests are already).

Also it would be really helpful to draw signs on the map like in cIV. I would label each city what it specialized in.

Ex. put a sign that says "Production City", "Military City", "Great Person Farm", or "Science City"

Its difficult for me to remember what I assigned to each city.

You know you can rename cities, right? ;)

You know you can rename cities, right? ;)

Yes, but I like seeing the actual city names and just having a sign off to the side that says what the city is specializing in. It seems more authentic to see Paris, and then a sign that says Wonder City next to it, then to see a generic Wonder City.

I would like the this patch include more game options, such as aggressiveness scale, options to disable world congress, happiness, research, etc. and FIX the broken achievements (or remove them completely). At this time adding more civs would be better for Civ 6.

I myself kind of hate the korean UU's and find them useless. I'd much rather spam 2-3 caravels ASAP, then try and find any use for those turtles (if it's even possible). And the other one is only good for fort defense or something.

That Korean replacement for the treb is pretty deadly in the right hands. I agree about the turtles, but it's just because korea's UA is so strong that they couldn't give them an OP UU as well...

Increase default civilizations per map size:

With BNW the AI expands at a seriously hampered speed leaving large swathes of land available the entire game, it feels like there aren't enough civilizations as their should be on the map. I suggest all map sizes have a increase of 50% the number of civilizations created at default.

Wait what? you know you can do that manually right? And in all the games I've played, I've yet to play one where the AI still doesn't try to city spam every single spot on the map...

I hope the range bug is fixed finally. It's the biggest bug, and it's extremely annoying.

Top Bottom