Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

I'll see what I can do. The weird barb spawns bug has been an issue ever since I released Fall Under. (Guess that's what I get for making a modmod whose initials spell out "FU." :lol:)

All joking aside, though, I'm still going to continue working on the mod at some point. It's just that college studies are putting that on hold for me right now. Splitting the module up into smaller sub-modules (like what Evernex suggested) is at the top of my list. Who knows? Maybe that will fix the barb problem, as well.

I've actually been testing it on 1.31 lately, and not only is it compatible, but it actually works better than on 1.30 since a lot of the bugs we've been complaining about (i.e. The Barb Problem) have been fixed. I'm still making minor adjustments, but so-far it's all been gameplay fixes, not compatibility ones, so feel free to use the current version and post any problems you run into.

I.e.the Kelp Forest Graphics is broken for me but I am not sure if it is because of your mod.
Edit found the problem: I put Fall under into Load Order and thats where it get broken because you expect that the Art is under Normal modules.

Is the module meant to have conflicting ID's even when loaded alone?

It's an issue with the Cost Changes XML which I turned on again. One of the units whose cost I adjusted doesn't exist anymore. I'm going to do some digging to find out which one, and I'll fix it in the next update. For now, go into your Fall Under folder and delete or rename FU_CostChanges_UnitInfos.xml. That should clean out the empty XML entry and fix the C++ exception.

@MrUnderhill:
The Module Manager displays an ID conflict with your FallUnder module and my 04ElohimEvents module. We are changing different parts of some unique features, there is no problem with that.
Would it be possible that you add the following lines in your info.txt with your next update?:

Code:
;
;Compatibility - modules, between which is disabled conflict checking
;note: BOTH modules has to have the each other in the list !!
;note: version can't be specified
;note: can be multiline
[compatible]
;Syntax <folder_of_module>
zGIR04ElohimUniqueFeatureEvents

I also added your mod in my info.txt so the Module Manager will not display an ID conflict (and peolpe who don't know how to mod don't have to worry to use our mods together)

This mod is causing a few really weird bugs for me.
Any time I try to play a game using it, all units get infinite free promotions. Start a new game, and boom, the starting warrior and scout can be given all the promos they can get without tech requirements. The settler has the same can promote glow even though there aren't any to take.
As soon as a city is founded, income goes through the roof. On turn 1 with a freshly built city, i have listed income in the millions. Going to check the finance screen shows a huge negative value for inflation. The no inflation setting doesn't help.
The last bug is wierder. For some reason, installing the mod lets any civ research the lizard and Lanun unique techs. This stays around when i uninstall the mod.
For reference, I have all the included official mods from 1.31.195 except Mekara order active, plus GIR's mod pack.

If memory serves, the latest version of GIR's mod packs has an extra module that has to be loaded after the main FallUnder mod itself. Activating it might resolve the problems, but I'm not entirely sure.

Got the promotion problem narrowed down, and whatever causes it probably causes the money problem. Something's making the base xp per level be 0. Figured this out by WBing in a here and noting that it was gaining levels from the infinite promos, so it wasn't a free promotion problem, and i was getting a xp entry with things like 1/0 with all promos taken, when that made a level 20ish unit.

Top Bottom