Fantasy Empires

Hey Balrog: Just had some more ideas. Are you going to have any dark skinned civs? Like Zulu's, but call them something else? Maybe you could incorporate the Amazon units that aren't too futuristic and make a resource that would be required to make them. I don't have a clue on what it would be. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Changed entire post. Something mod related now.

@Balrog: You could add the tech Forestation to your mod and give the workers the ability to reforest. I don't recall being able to do that before in your mod. That way you could make a forest provide the same amount of food as grassland and more production. Would make it the best terrain. And encourage civs to do it.
:bump:

Originally posted by tjedge1
Hey Balrog: Just had some more ideas. Are you going to have any dark skinned civs? Like Zulu's, but call them something else? Maybe you could incorporate the Amazon units that aren't too futuristic and make a resource that would be required to make them. I don't have a clue on what it would be. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Changed entire post. Something mod related now.

There are some good amazonian units, one of the "futuristic" one calls down an "ion" beam, but the animation does not necessarily dictate it be an "ion" beam or a "glory" beam or what have you, she just raises her arms like a wizard and a big white beam comes down, which I am sure Blue-O, (who really doesn't exist anymore at these forums) would not mind if you changed the color of the beam.

Yeah I like that one. She called Avatar or something. I downloaded her. When Balrog gets back he should check out all the unit library's. There are tons of units. I'm also trying to get someone to make some more fantasy monsters and woodland creatures.
Theres a Beholder floating around in the forum, but that's the only "real monster" I have found.

Balrog, you need to get some kind of web site, even if it's simple and only a page or two, for this mod to make it easier to keep up with updates to it and such. Does anyone have the link(s) for the latest version of this mod? There's a lot of pages in this topic now... How big is the latest version anyway?

The latest version is posted on the first page first post. Balrog went to work on something else for a while and this mod fell behind. It doesn't work with latest patch either. Balrog plans to remake it for Conquests.

I'm trying to inspire, encourage and off er ideas. Do you have any? I seem to be the only one with any lately.

Edit: Sorry, that would be the second post. It's version 2.5

Hey Balrog, here is a link to GIDustin's site. It has the most organized unit library I've seen yet.

GIDustin's units library!

Several peeps have been making ancient ships and fatasy units like crazy the last couple of months. They should all be here since I believe GIDustin still updates his site. You could check the last posts in CivFanatics library too. Just in case GIDustin hasn't updated just yet.

Originally posted by tjedge1
Hey Balrog, here is a link to GIDustin's site. It has the most organized unit library I've seen yet.

I couldnt have said it better. :mischief:

Anyway, yeah, I do try to keep it updated, but there was a 2-3 month period in which I had no way of updating it (No more room). I got around that problem and in the last week I added 30 units. There are still more that I need to add so PM me if you find any.

- GIDustin

I've been debating whether or not to use the graphix that Balrog is going to use for my own mod. It is pretty much the same as what I would make. I'll have to wait and see. Whenever Balrog gets back from vacation or wherver he went we'll all see what he does.

:hmm: A scenario. That has got me thinking. If this mod was updated to the latest patch I would jump on making a scenario. Wouldn't be too hard. I could use some regional maps I have for Mystara. Anyone up to updating this mod? I would fix the pollution bug, since I did when I played before, but I don't have time to update it myself. Nor do I really know how. I'm still a newb at making mods. I'm taking my time with the one I'm working on. The reason there is no thread link.

Good idea. :D

Hiya guys. Yes I am here now.
I have a big problem: not enough free time to mod more games.

I had just found an awesome game to mod. It is the most complex strategy game ever. [Around 1000 units and 400 spells in the vanilla game etc.]
I simply LOVE IT with big letters.

Also I am in a BF 1942 mod team as well. So I am flooded with work.
I cannot start to work on Fantasy Empires II. right now.
I won't forget about Civ 3 of course, since I will buy the new -upcoming- expansion.
When I will have time, I will start to work on FE II., and you bet it will kick some ass.

I don't wanna tell you anything about dates, propably I will have lot more free time very soon. [December]
Until I am back, you will have lot of fun with embryo's new and fantastic warhammer mod.

Regards,
Balrog.

BALROOOOOOOOOG! I'VE SEEN THAT YOU ARE ONLINE IN THE USERS LIST!

Damn, can't you make Fantasy Empires 2. first please???? :(

Hey what is that game with 1000 units and 400 spells?

Originally posted by Balrog
I had just found an awesome game to mod. It is the most complex strategy game ever. [Around 1000 units and 400 spells in the vanilla game etc.]
I simply LOVE IT with big letters.
What is this game?

Originally posted by Steph

What is this game?

Steph, are you thinking about increasing your post count by another 1000? ;)

I've sent an e-mail to Balrog, but still no reply.
I guess hes gone for another weeks. :(
God damnit.... :( :(

Top Bottom