• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Favorite Civ Game

Best CIV game

• CIV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CIV II

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • CIV III

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • CIV IV

• CIV IV warlords

• CIV IV BTS

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Colonization

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a poll? :confused:

Edit: there it is ;)

BTS is my favorite (though the only Civ game I've owned out of the entire series is the Civ4 Gold Edition (Civ4 + Warlords) and BTS)

I bought Colonization but am not really that into it. The trading system is really, really cool and interesting, but other than that I don't like it as much as CIV. Always having to end the game the same way (winning the war against the mother nation) is a huge turnoff for me. Yes, I am a warmonger, but some more peaceful conclusions would make it more interesting.

Wait, what's this thread about again? Oh, yes. I'm sure BTS is going to win hands down for reasons said above.

...I said Civ 2. Maybe it's the first Civ game I ever played, but I really like it. It's simple, and it's easy to cheese out a win even on Diety, but it's fun nonetheless. I played that game for years and still play it even now.

I've played and own Civs III, IV (with latest expansions) and Rev, and I like IV the most. Imo it fixed a lot of what III suffered from.

Civ IV was a huge disappointment. BTS brought the game up to expectations. Civ V will also likely be missing a lot - so they can eventually sell us several expansion packs.

Fall from heaven beats the origional and all other official versions and mods hands down.

Played from II to IV.
Civ II was a near perfect game and totally revolutionary,
Civ III was two steps forward and three steps back, it was a completely broken game.
Civ IV fixed pretty much everything that needed to be fixed and added in so much more, Civ IV BTS is my favorite now.

Civ IV was a huge disappointment. BTS brought the game up to expectations. Civ V will also likely be missing a lot - so they can eventually sell us several expansion packs.

How was Civ IV a disappointment. It got great reviews.

In terms of how much pleasure a Civ game has given me, I'll have to say Civ II.

And I do think that the High Council and the Throne Room should be included in Civ V. Optional for the player, of course.

Öjevind Lång;8309818 said:
In terms of how much pleasure a Civ game has given me, I'll have to say Civ II.

And I do think that the High Council and the Throne Room should be included in Civ V. Optional for the player, of course.

I agree with this post. Civ II has given me the most pleasure of all the games and the High Council was just the best thing since sliced bread,

BTS has the best gameplay.
I'm a huge fan of the ideas and setting of Alpha Centauri though. Should have that on the list.

How was Civ IV a disappointment. It got great reviews.

So that's what you're going to call a good game? One that somebody you've never met says is good, as opposed to your own judgment?

Civ III was great, and they didn't have ridiculous "3-D" graphics that runs slow and crashes easily on 2008 computer. I used to love making my own scenarios for civ III because of the easy editor, and now just because I don't understand XML, Python, or any other fancy languages, I can't do anything past changing a unit so that fights slightly better or changing city lists a bit.

If you went into a random forum and posted this pole, you'd probably see similar results.

Most people:
haven't played civ2
and like civ4 way more than civ3

I do agree that civ4 vanilla was a little lacking; I had a ton of fun with it, but the ai and map script really killed any long term appeal it had (it would always start half the civs on the coast, usually in a little pocket surrounded by tundra:().

I kind of liked the map editor in civ3, but I only ever tampered with the techs. I'd set all techs to 'untradable' and triple their research times, so I could play a decent game on a world map. I don't know how to change research times in civ4, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the easiest things you can edit if you learn how and there's already an option to dissallow tech trading, so I don't have a huge problem with the lack of a map editor for civ4.

Top Bottom