Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Atomic Bomb

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Nuclear Missile

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

Optimizer

Sthlm, SWE
And now a poll for usefulness of modern units.

I really like modern armor, especially when I get Shock III Drill III and Blitz... The Giant Death Robot is nice too but really expensive.

I'd go for mech infantry over everything else. Getting that early means game over for the rival civs. Why? Terrain bonuses applies. So what if Tanks can move after attacking? My mech infantry park itself behind rivers / hill and dish out damage well next turn as the stupid Ai charge his cavalry in vain.

Sorry, forgot about the carrier.

Well, mech inf is probably hands down the most useful in general, because of how fast you can beeline it and how generally useful it is as your basic all around unit.

Though if the question is which is my favorite...jury still out. Not mech inf though, they are hella boring. I kinda like paratroopers. Stylish.

I noticed no death nukes like in the older Civs 10 squares range is pants, I want to nuke the little spearmen from the other side of the world and watch as they think their gods are angry :D

If I could choose between artillery and a bomber I'd probably go with a bomber, depending on AA

I like Helicopter Gunships.

Battleships with several shots -upgrade on archipelago-maps is my most useful unit. I use 1or2 of these, along with a destroyer and maybe a carrier for versatility - and then only need max 2 ground-units(usually MechInf) to do the mop-up job.

Gunship riflemen massacring animations are the best!

I adore the combat animations / sounds for Mech Inf killing inferior tech units ... that sound of the sweet mounted rifles coming online ... oh yea!

Too bad I can only play with animations on once before the endless repetition makes me turn them off for every subsequent game :(

Ive never used a singe one of these units. My domination victories never make it to this point in the game.

I love support units. Sure, the infantry + artillery have to do the dirty work, but I always bring in some fighters and destroyers to back them up. They make a huge difference.

gunship, attack and dissapear just like that hahaha, oh man they are funny unit they can move 6 tile ignoring terrain condition. like them!

Artilery becaue it's the first unit with 3 range and Mechanised Infantry becaue of their all-round usefulness.

The first modern unit I've built so far is the heli gunship... but it's not dominating the enemy's riflemen as well as I think it should. Oh well.

Top Bottom