Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Agricultural

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Seafaring

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Blackbird_SR-71

Spying from 85,000 ft
I'm putting up a poll in thsi forum to see which trait is the most popular. then in your post tell why you like it and also what other trait along with your favorite trait make a perfect combination.

I voted for expansionism.

This is got to be one of the best traits. When playing raging barbarians on a pangea map it gives you a real tech lead that can put you in the front of the game. it also gets you extra gold and can get you early monopolies and trading partners. In my recent game thanks to the expansionist trait i was able to discover about 2/3 of the ancient age through goody huts that put me into a solid lead that is continuing in the middle ages.

This trait can go with two other traits. It goes best with either Agricultural or Industrious. Expansionist and Industrious allows you to quickly explore and expand at the same time giving you the momentum to be great. Agricultural also has the same effect and helps growth incredibally.

darn i forgot to add the poll option. can a moderater add a poll with all the civ traits.

Agricultural first, then Commercial.

Agricultural since it helps you in the most important part of the game: growth.

Commercial because:

a) It starts with Aplphabet
b) Lowered corruption by 25% = 25% more everything.

Seafaring comes in a close third.

Tough one.

I guess I'd have to say it depends on what map I'm playing, and what I want to accomplish for that game.

Acricultural, commercial.
Starts with pottery & alpha

Expansionist. The scout really helps in popping goody huts. I gained about 5 free techs in the ancient ages with it. Though I guess the Aztec Jaguar Warrior can do the same...

My favourite traits:

1: AGR - More growth in the most important part of the game
2: COM - Starts with Alphabet, higher OCN, less corruption
3: SCI - Cheap libraries, free tech at the start of new era
4: IND - Faster workers

The others can be useful in the correct circumstances (map for SEA and EXP, etc.), but they're IMHO of lesser use than the four mentioned above...

Industrious, so I can get Pyramids right to the start

I vote for Agricultural - for all the reasons stated above but summed up by the word GROWTH - no doubt this will be replaced when a new trait comes out.

I have to speak up for Seafaring as well. I'm fairly new to C3C but Seafaring seems to have a combined effect which is very attractive. It seems to function like two traits together, ie:

Expansionist - Boats can travel further and deeper giving you a tech or cash lead from those distant contacts and trading (cheap harbours help). This leaves you in a similar position to opening up lots of goody huts with Expansionist trait. You also get the option to actually open up those far away goody huts on islands.

Commercial - The extra commerce from coastal cities on an archipelago map (or any which allows you many coastal cities) comes close to the effects of Commercial albeit without the anti-corruption bonus. This combined with the distant trading links means Seafaring nations stay ADVANCED and RICH. Hazzah!

For my style of play the best traits are:

1. Religious. Short Anarchy and cheap Temples.

2. Agricultural. Early growth is essential.

3, 4. Militaristic, Industrious.

Commercial is nice in long games but if you go for quick domination...

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

Commercial, better if combined with Militaristic. The two traits complete each other. More income, lower corruption, el-cheapo barracks, more leaders.

IMHO...
Commercial is nice in long games but if you go for quick domination...
... then it's good anyway. More income, lower corruption... :D

tR1cKy said:
Commercial, better if combined with Militaristic. The two traits complete each other. More income, lower corruption, el-cheapo barracks, more leaders.

You are biased ;) I have tried all C3C civs and my fastest win was with Celts (domination in 320 AD @ small Pangea, Monarch).

BTW: I love your story about bad start!

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

That is because Rome rules. Militaristic makes a huge difference when you play to beat everyone into submission. Seems to me this is the only way to go!

Top Bottom