Favorite Warmongering Civilization: A Poll

What is your Favorite Civilization for a Domination Victory?

• America

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Arabia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Aztec

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • China

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Egypt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • France

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Greece

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • India

• Iroquois

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Japan

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Ottomans

• Persia

• Rome

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Russia

• Siam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Songhai

• Spain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HideousHades

Chieftain
Which civ is your favorite for a domination victory? :)

:king:

Note: Favorite meaning what you prefer to play with for a domination victory, not necessarily best! :D

:nuke:

Another Note: DLC Civs not included :)

Where's the poll?

Mongols? Duh?

Doesn't really feel like an accomplishment, when you do it with a civ, that has offensive advantages. I don't really have a favorite. For the reason mentioned though I voted Songhai, as they have a nice benefit from taking cities without having an particular advantage (okay, the UU is not all that bad for that purpose either, but there's not much difference if it was done with Infantry instead).

Doesn't really feel like an accomplishment, when you do it with a civ, that has offensive advantages. I don't really have a favorite. For the reason mentioned though I voted Songhai, as they have a nice benefit from taking cities without having an particular advantage (okay, the UU is not all that bad for that purpose either, but there's not much difference if it was done with Infantry instead).

I voted Songhai for a similar reason, and because of their particular take on domination - which can be boiled down to "make shedloads of cash, buy units at every opportunity, swarm". Songhai are well-suited to domination without being a one-trick Mandelaku, so you can have an interesting game with interplay of cultural and diplomatic factors instead of just "here's a 6,000 year war."

I'm still not sure how 'pillaging cities' works though since I've captured small cities with the Songhai and obtained as little as 20 gold from them, which isn't triple anything.

Hideous, he means you didn't include any DLC civs... including the Mongols. I would vote for Denmark, but can't since they aren't here for example.

Japan, hands down. I never had such quick wars as with their Bushido. And once you have the Samurai... :D

Russia, the Ottomans, France and the Aztecs are the runner-ups. Russia because of possible longsword spam, Ottoman Janissaries are just so cool with their insta-heal, France has two delicious warmonger UUs and the Aztec Jaguars with Woodsman promotion are a blast in early to mid game (if you keep them and upgrade to longswords eventually)

Darius is good for a laugh, particularly when you surprise attack him, but nothing beats our ever loving Civ-franchised !@%$~

Spoiler :

and then not long later...

Darius is good for a laugh, particularly when you surprise attack him, but nothing beats our ever loving Civ-franchised !@%$~

Spoiler :

and then not long later...

Oh, but Monty's wholly consistent, you see? He says he shares your conviction that Germany causes trouble for the civilized peoples of the world, but just look at him. Does he look as though he's including himself as civilized?

Oh, but Monty's wholly consistent, you see? He says he shares your conviction that Germany causes trouble for the civilized peoples of the world, but just look at him. Does he look as though he's including himself as civilized?

Well, when we first met, he basically said "Hark, friend well met, I will sacrifice captives to commemorate this hark meeting" :D

April 14 2012, and we can't even vote for DLC civs. Why is this community so backward? Maybe you didn't buy the DLC civs, there's no need to exclude players who did and enjoy playing them.

The Ottomans. Especially on a Small Continents map. If you can leverage the UA correctly, you end up with a well-explored map (including knowledge of where ruins are), significant culture from killing barbs (you took honor, didn't you?), and of course a powerful navy once Frigates come around. Stay peaceful and build infrastructure in the early game. Make friends for as long as it takes to speed along to Janisseries...and then conquer the world. Plus, you get the fun of being an underdog. It's win-win.

April 14 2012, and we can't even vote for DLC civs. Why is this community so backward? Maybe you didn't buy the DLC civs, there's no need to exclude players who did and enjoy playing them.

Bloody hell mate, if it's such a problem for you then go and make it on your own - you'll release some steam while contributing to the forums at the same time ^^

I've voted Aztecs. Of course that Rome is a beast (overkill like in every Civ game), and bazillion of iron from Russia is great but I just love to extract culture from the bodies of my fallen enemies :D

Another Note: DLC Civs not included

Hmm? :p
Well, if I can't vote for lolshiks, I'll go for Arabia. Camel archers are still pretty decent.

Top Bottom