Favourite eras?

mosesj

Chieftain
I was wondering what are your favourite eras to play?

even though I only hit it once back in v 35, I really loved the industrial era. It felt so great, it really felt like your civilization was building something like never before. Every time I play caveman2cosmos, the main motivation for me is to get back to the industrial-modern era.

Prehistoric or classical era are also pretty fun. I liked classical eral because it feels like that's when you get to specialize more and build your civilization, prehistoric also captures the feeling of your civilization truly starting out. it feels like you're building a legacy that will be the foundation of your empire to come

My current favourite era in this mod is the Transhuman Era. However, the Galactic Era might become my new favourite once Pepper2000's Space Colonization Modmod is integrated into the main mod. I really love far-future technologies in 4x games.

I really like the prehistoric and ancient eras, but that's probably because I've played them the most. I've actually never got past the modern era, but I hope to one day!

I really like the prehistoric and ancient eras, but that's probably because I've played them the most. I've actually never got past the modern era, but I hope to one day!
Realistically there are only 2 ways atm to achieve the later game Eras. Either by being an extreme warlord and then riding herd over a virtual empty world or by being a Master Diplomat/Builder to keep some of the AI alive that long and to keep them from destroying each other.

Maybe someday we'll have the balance to make the late Eras as exciting as the early game. :)

Realistically there are only 2 ways atm to achieve the later game Eras. Either by being an extreme warlord and then riding herd over a virtual empty world or by being a Master Diplomat/Builder to keep some of the AI alive that long and to keep them from destroying each other.

Maybe someday we'll have the balance to make the late Eras as exciting as the early game. :)

I'm more of a builder than a warlady, but whenever I've got to modern things seemed reasonably stable. But I suppose that a lot depends on one's settings, game speed, map size, etc.

Any improvement is always welcome, but it's great fun as it is. It's amazing the amount of work you guys put in.

It's quite a nice mod, certainly my favourite way to play civ 4 (followed by fall from heaven-orbis)

Starting on different continents or islands also helps to make the game longer, unleast you got the aborigine culture and you can build canoes. I personally think that's realistic but quite overpowered. Also in advances eras nukes are realistic, but like in real life, they made war a M.A.D. nonsense reducing the appeal of a militar approach.

Maybe it is the difficulty I play on, but I always play Pangea maps and always make to the end.

Top Bottom