Feature Requests and Discussion

[to_xp]Gekko;12147353 said:
anybody know of some things that are in need of proper scaling?

Spell costs. It costs the same to drown a warrior, recruit a mercenary, buy a slave, etc., regardless of game speed. So, for example, 180 gold for a mercenary is a great deal at Marathon speed, but not so much at Quick.

Can Sorcery get moved above alteration/divination/elementalism/necromancy in the great sage bulb order? since you only need one of those four, you don't need all and it's situational which ones you need, it's silly bulbing prefers those.

Cassiel/Auric need their religionweights to not be -100 for unrestricted leaders games where they don't lead agnostic civs. maybe just -99 and don't let the AI get them randomly with other civs? that way a human can still adopt religions.

I'd like it if religion weights (or at least the ability to block converting to specific religions) could work on the civilization level instead of just the leader level.

(As things are now, Decius prefers the same religions regardless of which civilization he is leading. I really don't think he should like The Empyrean as much while he leads the Calabim as he does while leading the Malakim.)

If I got to change religion I would remove the free disciple from having the religious tech and make the AI do missionary spam. Also make the AI reluctant to change religion just because it likes an other religion better. If they have the same spread in his cities he will continue with whatever he/she was having.

Also remove the autospread of a certain religion in the capital when you get the tech.

I like the units and heroes that come with religion but I do not like that you can spread your religion by just giving away a tech (and probably making money in the process).

now that I think about it: the free missionary you get from a religious tech should have 100% chance of spreading it. it just sucks when the only one you have fails O.O

also, can the trade screen NOT display state religion if it's Esus? it's supposed to be secret, but all you have to do is contact the leader to know what he's up to.

Esus has the advantage of that noone dislikes you. As far for seeing the religion. It is pretty obvious to a human who is following esus.

Spell costs. It costs the same to drown a warrior, recruit a mercenary, buy a slave, etc., regardless of game speed. So, for example, 180 gold for a mercenary is a great deal at Marathon speed, but not so much at Quick.

I dont quite understand. Gold income isn't affected by game speed.

[to_xp]Gekko;12149410 said:
also, can the trade screen NOT display state religion if it's Esus? it's supposed to be secret, but all you have to do is contact the leader to know what he's up to.

I've hidden it everywhere that I could. The initial diplomacy screen that pops up when you decide to trade with another player is not accessible to modders for some reason.

I dont quite understand. Gold income isn't affected by game speed.

The problem is that things are more expensive to build. So building wealth and recruiting mercenaries is much cheaper then building champions.

Also if you look at cost of techs the spells are much cheaper in comparison.

correct, the difference in upgrade prices for units between gamespeeds should be a good reference. doviello melee line upgrade are actually spells, so those will likely also need an overhaul

Another nice (IMHO) feature of the Erebus in the Balance mod:

"Sheut Stones and Nightmare promotions are automatically applied where appropriate"

Would love to see this in More Naval AI too. Having these resources function like bronze/iron/mithril makes them more interesting as buffs (and as trade commodities), and, more generally, could help make hell terrain more interesting.

Also, it's nice to see that MNAI has its own subforum these days. :)

very true. another needed tweak: mercurian/infernal starting units should start with iron weapons ( it's too easy to forget to move them in the city to get equipped right now... )

by the way, it would be excellent if the number of starting troops the summoned civs get scaled with the gameturn, i.e. less if rushed, more if summoned late. this would solve the problem of them being uber when rushed, and useless when summoned late.

Request: Make so humans can choose the target of spells like Crush and Pillar of Fire similar to ranged attacks.

I've read that this was done in Master of Mana, so it could probably be merged from there. I should try that mod out sometime so I would know firsthand. There might be other spells that should use this mechanic other than the two I mentioned above. The 'pedia entry for Entangle seems to indicate that it was meant to target only one plot/tile.

can Svartalfar worldspell not cause a global announcement? it kinda defeats the purpose by shouting SNEAK ATTACK! :D

coupled with HN stripping racial promos while active it would make the worldspell viable in MP if used properly.

I don't think it should actually remove the racial promotion, but it would be good for HN units not to display their racial promotions when other players mouse over them. (It would also be good for it to have its own art style that overrides the race specific graphics.)

It isn't hard to hide a promotion from appearing in the info panel that appear when a unit or group of units is selected (either through python or simply giving all the racial promotions <PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_HIDDEN_NATIONALITY</PromotionNextLevel>), but I have yet to find any way to hide them from the mouse overs. That is what is important, as you wouldn't be selecting hostile HN units.

It would probably be best for Auric Ulvin not to be able to see the Godslayer too.

Could you allow a mouseover of a promotion to show the details not only of that promotion, but also of promotions which are hidden because the unit has its <PromotionNextLevel>? That is something I miss from the way FfH2 worked before the move to BtS.

Any chance you would want to make boats much faster?

Top Bottom