Featurette 3 available 30/05/13 - How to become a commercial and naval super power

AGreed. The trade units seem to be designed to pop out so there's little room in error trying to figure out if it is a caravan or not.

Bazooka (if it is a machine-gun upgrade) would be a welcomed addition, especially if it has a range of 2 instead of 1. The range downgrade when you hit gatling gun / machine gun has always mystified me.

What boggles me is why the bazooka is unlocked so 'late' :S
If it was something like the Javelin Anti-tank it would have made more sense. Though I guess they went with the Bazooka since it's more widely known in the public (at least I think so)

EDIT: I just realized it isn't 'late' so to speak haha. I was thinking of the wrong era. Though associating it with nuclear fission is a bit odd (unless shoulder mounted projectile launchers have some association with fission that I'm not aware of).

Since trade routes were announced I always assumed that an international trade route with another civ will be required to be able to trade strategic or luxury resources.
Unfortunately that is not the case, you are still able to trade resources automagically via diplomatic trade with no need of a trade route whatsoever, and even after a trade embargo is issued against you by the world council. Which just does not make any sense to me at all. :confused:

I think it's fine if you're still able to trade resources via the diplomacy screen. An embargo already crushes your economy; not being able to trade at all would be going too far.

EDIT: I just realized it isn't 'late' so to speak haha. I was thinking of the wrong era. Though associating it with nuclear fission is a bit odd (unless shoulder mounted projectile launchers have some association with fission that I'm not aware of).

I found this puzzling as well. It really should come with Rocketry, not Fission. The only connection I can think of between a man-portable rocket launcher and nuclear fission is the US's Davy Crockett tactical nuclear weapon system which was essentially designed to be a standard rocket launcher with nuclear warheads.

They probably just didn't want Rocketry to have another combat unit in it though.

Really hoping that the bazooka is machine gun upgrade so that machine gunners don't become mech. infantry, leading to the range - melee problem they were introduced to eliminate in the first place. However I suppose it could also be an upgrade from AT guns, leaving gunships as a stand alone unit? Personally I'd say that would be a bad idea haha. Lancers have it bad enough already that they go from a fast unit to a slow AT weapon, I'd hate to see them lose gunships as a final unit

as for the bazooka coming where it does in the tech tree, I'd wager its purely for balance purposes that it is where it is.

Really hoping that the bazooka is machine gun upgrade
Spoiler :
so that machine gunners don't become mech. infantry, leading to the range - melee problem they were introduced to eliminate in the first place. However I suppose it could also be an upgrade from AT guns, leaving gunships as a stand alone unit? Personally I'd say that would be a bad idea haha. Lancers have it bad enough already that they go from a fast unit to a slow AT weapon, I'd hate to see them lose gunships as a final unit

as for the bazooka coming where it does in the tech tree, I'd wager its purely for balance purposes that it is where it is.

99.9999999999% sure that this is the case

Something is capable of doubling the amount of outgoing religious pressure from a land trade route (see 0:41).

I noticed this, too. What if it's simpler than this? Maybe sea trade routes always halve the amount of religion spread via trade.

I'm wondering if the religion spread through trade replaces the current G&K system or adds to it. Hopefully it adds to it.

I noticed this, too. What if it's simpler than this? Maybe sea trade routes always halve the amount of religion spread via trade.

I'm wondering if the religion spread through trade replaces the current G&K system or adds to it. Hopefully it adds to it.

Probably the Grand Temple

Probably, but the Grand Temple would usually be in the capital—maybe it's a new wonder effect.

Maybe it's a new religious belief that increases your religious pressure output on trade routes.

Probably, but the Grand Temple would usually be in the capital—maybe it's a new wonder effect.

Holy Cities are not necessarily the capital though.

I've been assuming it's a belief effect, either new or reworked.

Then it should be applied in more than one city.

A non-capital holy city with Grand Temple is a simpler explanation.

In the screenshot there is only one land ITR visible so we can't know if it's applied to only one city or all of them - I expect it's a rework of Itinerant Preachers to read "religion spread from Carvans doubled" or something like that, but we'll see.

I agree, just playing devil's advocate.

For what it's worth, I've never seen the AI found a religion in any city other than its capital (although of course that wasn't an AI-controlled civ in the screenshot).

I agree, just playing devil's advocate.

For what it's worth, I've never seen the AI found a religion in any city other than its capital (although of course that wasn't an AI-controlled civ in the screenshot).

I never found a religion in any other city but my capital either. Is there a good reason too? My capital usually ends up being the richest, most heavily defended city in my civilization.

I never found a religion in any other city but my capital either. Is there a good reason too? My capital usually ends up being the richest, most heavily defended city in my civilization.

Where you found your religion usually has minimal effects
1. you get your religion spread there the easiest
2. you can build the Grand Temple there for faster spread from there (usually best reason for 'out of capital'..better spread to others+capital production may be for other things)
3. you need to defend that location

Though it's a bit OT, i do sometimes found religion in my second or third city. I would say about 30% of my games. Mainly because after some exploring i'll realize that my capital doesn't have that good position or when my other city is growing faster.

I personally feel that religion should be founded in cities with the highest output of faith, sometimes you can have a second city outpout 10 faith as opposed to your capital's 3. Lol.

It'd be nice if the Grand Temple offered a percentage faith bonus - if any of the new wonders do then it might be worthwhile founding your religion outside your capital, particularly anywhere with an active faith pantheon. As it is, its pretty much worthwhile having your capital be your main culture, science and gold producer. A faith bonus outside it for a site built near Mount Kailash etc would give a little more to do for other cities.

Top Bottom