FF Modules and Modmods directory

WarKirby

Arty person
Something like this is becoming more and more needed now. So I'm setting up modmod directory pages on the FF wiki.

This one is for modules, only. Only things which are ENTIRELY modular should be posted here.
http://www.vehemence.org.uk/wiki/index.php/FF_Modules

And use this page for non modularmodmods. Anything that isn't a module, whether it just overwrites some existing files, or even creates it's own mod directory.
http://www.vehemence.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Non_Modular_Modmods

I'm creating a standard for formatting here. All entries added should follow this format

Name of Module
<seperator line>
by <Author/s>
<description text goes here>
Discussion: <Link to discussion thread/forum>
Download: <Download Link>

Have a look at the sample entries I've put up for simple info on how to do it.

Now, some rules:

1. Every mod or module must have it's own discussion thread. With the exception of those which have a whole subforum *looks at FF+*
2. Only post things which are confirmed to work with the latest version of ff
3. Keep postings up to date as and when you release new versions
4. Post things on the correct page only
5. Always use level 3 headings for the module name, by putting === on either side of it.

With that said, everyone get posting your modmods and modules up here !

How about add the line FF Version? So one can see fast if it is a up to date mod or behind.

I have most of my modules crammed into one thread so I don't flood the forum with the crazy amount of stuff I shoot out of my fingers every few days...

Well, a link to just that thread for discussion is fine, but you should still put up a seperate entry for each module on that page

when we get enough, I might start sorting them into "New Civs", "Minor Tweaks" "New Mechanics" etc.

Generally, I want to collect a big permanant list of all mods and modules, so people don't have to rely on forum threads which tend to fall off the front page and never get seen again.

Generally, I want to collect a big permanant list of all mods and modules, so people don't have to rely on forum threads which tend to fall off the front page and never get seen again

Wouldn't that be an argument for creating a "FF Modmodmods, Scenarios, and Maps" forum of some sort? Granted, the FFH one is in need of some kind of index as well... but at least they're all in one forum.

It might be.

Although a point to consider, is that by using the wiki, we have more control over things, can organise it better, etc. CFC doesn't generally give moderator permissions to mod projects (even kael doesn't have mod rights in the FFH forum).

But there's no reason not to have both :)

Honestly, when I asked for my forum I had actually asked for an FF modmods forum, with a FFPlus forum possibly built off of that. Got my forum, but not the modmods one. :lol:

This is a good idea, been waiting for someone other than me to do it. :lol:

Edit: Took the liberty of adding a page for FFPlus, linked via it's name in the 'Non-Modular Mods' section. Slowly converting the info I have on the forums to the style needed by the wiki... Malakim section is done, taking a break for now. :lol: Just so you know, I had nothing to do with the 'Contents' box showing up, it comes naturally from the types of headers used.

http://www.vehemence.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Mod:FFPlus

Top Bottom