[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Please, no replacement Infernals! Save for my dream of seeing a skeletal War Elephant, they are done. :lol:

Please, no replacement Infernals! Save for my dream of seeing a skeletal War Elephant, they are done. :lol:

Why would a skeletal war elephant suit them at all? undead and demons are two different things.

If anything, I'd rather see them have some massive quadrupedal demon as an elephant UU.

Also, the assasins/longbowmen/rangers/imps have always seemed like placeholders to me. They have almost no texture detail on the body at all. The infernals seem like a race that does need some art work yet.

Anyways, mane warrior. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12380

I took avahz' recommendations, and went with the centaur shield. I was worried that mace was too primitive, but then I remembered it's a basic warrior, so primitive is ok.

use it, or don't. I know I will. If kael doesn't want to add it and you'd still like it for yourself, here's the artdef xml to make it appear ingame. Remember to change the filepath, and paste it over the existing infernal warrior artdef in civ4artdefines_unit.xml

Spoiler :
Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_INFERNAL</Type>
            <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Manes.dds</Button>
            <fScale>0.44</fScale>
            <fInterfaceScale>1</fInterfaceScale>
            <bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
            <bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
            <NIF>Art/Custom/ManeWarrior/mane_warrior.nif</NIF>
            <KFM>Art/Units/Swordsman/swordsman.kfm</KFM>
            <ShadowDef>
                <ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
                <ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
                <fShadowScale>1</fShadowScale>
            </ShadowDef>
                <fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
                <fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
                <bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
                <TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
            <AudioRunSounds>
                <AudioRunTypeLoop/>
                <AudioRunTypeEnd/>
            </AudioRunSounds>
        </UnitArtInfo>

I could do more like this if there's some interest. A mane archer would need some re-rigging, which I can do.

Attachments

• manewarrior.jpg
    manewarrior.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 327
Also, the assasins/longbowmen/rangers/imps have always seemed like placeholders to me. They have almost no texture detail on the body at all. The infernals seem like a race that does need some art work yet.

This was actually brought up before, Kael's response was that the current models aren't placeholders but the final art.

I'm not actually a fan of the paint-it-black-and-light-it-on-fire type of infernal units. IUs tehre any chance we could get proper art for them at some point? Art like the Pit beast summon would be good imo. It would actually give you the feeling of crusading against hordes of demons instead of hordes of errrr..... strange sillouettes...
Nope, that is final art for those units.

...so that's a 'no' to the war elephants, huh?

I take Kael's response as that team won't spend effort in updating models- if someone is willing to create better, I think Kael will gladly use em.

Note that I wasn't talking about the skeleton warriors and archers, but the Infernal units that are black and on fire (the rangers, longbowmen, assassins, imps, mages and balors that WarKirby was talking about in the part that I quoted).

Note that I wasn't talking about the skeleton warriors and archers, but the Infernal units that are black and on fire (the rangers, longbowmen, assassins, imps, mages and balors that WarKirby was talking about in the part that I quoted).

Yes more than Skeletons i really hope people can come up with some good models for Imps and Balors, which just look bad in black and on fire

Yes more than Skeletons i really hope people can come up with some good models for Imps and Balors, which just look bad in black and on fire

Read what I'm writing. Kael has stated that the art for Imps, Balors, Rangers, Longbowmen and every unit who is black and on fire is final, they aren't getting new art.

Nice job on the armed manes. Those will segue nicely into the demonic axemen. Now we just need a good looking champion model. I haven't played Hybo in a while, but they're still using that skeletal one, right?

Nice job on the armed manes. Those will segue nicely into the demonic axemen. Now we just need a good looking champion model. I haven't played Hybo in a while, but they're still using that skeletal one, right?

yeps. The demonic champion looks suspiciously like a samurai :mischief:

yeps. The demonic champion looks suspiciously like a samurai :mischief:
I forgot to say that your Mane Warrior looks really good. Looking forward to seeing a better Champion for the Infernals.

If any Infernal unit needs a bit of art help, its the Balor. I'm summoning alot of them as the Sheaim, and they just don't look as impressive as a high level deamon should. The rest are fine, although the Hellhound needs a makeover as you kill *alot* of them in the Radiant Guard.

wait wait wait ... the infernal Assasins!! last time I checked they used a modification to the orcish bezerker, or some such ... definitely unique unit art in my book.

I distinctly seeing a smallish hunched figure duel wielding flaming swords.

Ahem:: I personally Like Balor, although if you *really* dont like it, I suggest making it a UU for the champion, and making the Bezerker UU an ArchBalor with skeletal ragged wings, spikes n syche. I mean rly, a winged balor with a long pointy tail and longer curvier (and taller) bull horns on head would be quite nifty as an upgraded Version. While I think the phalanx is cool, I would rather it be a large Ogre/giant inspired demon, with large crushing fist action! in stores now for only 3 easy payments of $19.95!!!!

aanyways ... I like the idea for fancy units as some extra spice to tier 4, although I greatly appreciate the current units. (and while I know is impossible for Infernals to be good, that "demonlord" art is just screaming to be a demonic Paladin)

I see the War Elephant being replaced by a rather large Demon Frog with a giant mouth and fangs. Purely morphological of course, he need not be part of Amphibiae

I hate to break it to you guys, but since all the other War Elephant UUs were shunted off to other civs, I don't think there's going to be any new ones. How would you get it from a captured Elephant anyway? Far easier to kill and raise one, and its excactly the kind of thing the Infernal would do, plus it would look awesome.

I hate to break it to you guys, but since all the other War Elephant UUs were shunted off to other civs, I don't think there's going to be any new ones. How would you get it from a captured Elephant anyway? Far easier to kill and raise one, and its excactly the kind of thing the Infernal would do, plus it would look awesome.

I think the general gist is that you wouldn't get it from an elephant. It would just be a large beast of some sort that fills a similar "break stuff" role. generally raised from the bowels of hell

Which reminds me, the beast of Agares is still in need of a new model...

I think the general gist is that you wouldn't get it from an elephant. It would just be a large beast of some sort that fills a similar "break stuff" role. generally raised from the bowels of hell

Which reminds me, the beast of Agares is still in need of a new model...

Yeah, back when the War Elephant was a Tier 4 unit I remember posting some suggestions for a Troll UU for a Kuriotate War Elephant. Of course that sunk like a stone, partly because the team moved War Elephants to their current position a few weeks later :lol:

And I know I usually don't have much time for your musings about replacing old models (largely because I remember late 2007, when C.Roland and Ploeperangel stopped making models, and SeZereth was busy with his thesis and a World War 1 mod, and FFH2 was lucky if it got a new model every month), but the Beast of Agares as a bear recolour could do with something nice. The colour scheme is pretty nice though.

Top Bottom