[FfH II Art Team Blog]

I really loved the Clockwork Golem so i would definitely like to see new Golem models. I also would like to see new non humanoid unit models like the Beast of Agares

svartalfar assassin (their favoured unit) and longbows (currently there are archer and crossbow graphics.. the time between youre stuck with typical longbow graphics) are the missing ones i most notice heh

a Lanun version Mercenary (piratey) would be nice (perhaps even as a UU that comes with boarding promotion and maybe female so their only female unit isnt the settler girl.. they dont even got a female assassin heh)

elohim devouts would be nice too (their picture suggested they were blond girls so thatd be 1 female unit for elohim atleast)

grigori and kuriotate warriors, i think theyre the only civs with no unique art for their warriors now

I'd personally love to see attack animations added to disciple units and assassins. Priests and high priests fight a fair amount, but their fights are equivalent to staring contests.

I was thinking about this a bit, and I think that pretty easy way to do this would be to keep the 'staring animation and simply add magic ball attack and make the enemy of the priest glow during fight.

I really like the custom settlers and workers. It gives a civ great deal of depth to see what the everyday people look like.

On a related note, when both the Dwarf Settler and the Mud Golem is done, how possible would it be to change one of the Luchuirp child settlers into a mud golem? It'd be nicely thematic and serve to distinguish them from the Khazad.

On a related note, when both the Dwarf Settler and the Mud Golem is done, how possible would it be to change one of the Luchuirp child settlers into a mud golem? It'd be nicely thematic and serve to distinguish them from the Khazad.

good idea.
next one will be stephanos, as soon as i have time to finish him up.
then lets see ;)

Per Nikis-Knights request I added attack animations to all fo the disciples, priests and high priests. I also gave each of the high priests a special staff to help distinguish them from the normal priests.

Attachments

• HighPriests.jpg
    HighPriests.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 333
nice Kael. but the dragon for leaves? wouldnt something more... natury suit them?

But its so cool! :)

I had another one speced for them but I had some technical issues with it and I couldn't to let this cool dragon one go.

I'd recommend switching the RoK and FoL staffs (and maybe recolor them appropriately). Remember, Cernunnos is the Great Horned One, and the sign of Kilmorph is the Sleeping Dragon.

The dragon staff could be cool for a Kuriotate/Sheam/Cult of the Dragon unit too.

I just had a thought about the HUD, after seeing the really cool high priests. I think it would make more sense to have the unit to the left of the statistics, since, in large stacks of units the statistics for all of them can get quite high and they would block less if they were against the left of the screen.

I just had a thought about the HUD, after seeing the really cool high priests. I think it would make more sense to have the unit to the left of the statistics, since, in large stacks of units the statistics for all of them can get quite high and they would block less if they were against the left of the screen.

true,
i definitely want as much input about the hud as possible, so we can get a final form at some point and i can go back to texturing the new hud elements.

Woops, I meant it would make sense to have the unit to the right of the statistics (not left as it is now.)

Per Nikis-Knights request I added attack animations to all fo the disciples, priests and high priests. I also gave each of the high priests a special staff to help distinguish them from the normal priests.

Great news! (and a fast response too ;) ). Considering the amount of onscreen time those three units get, this is a pretty important change.

When contemplating moving the unit to the right of the Help text, don't forget to look at precisely how wide the Help Text box IS. And that the box will not always be showing.

You would have the unit standing nearly in the middle of your screen, and you cannot click on units/Tiles which he is covering.

And in addition there is the fact that placing him where he is now keeps you from having to run into the ManaBar with large Help Text boxes (though the Mana Bar was proposed to become more horizontal than vertical)

personally i dont need to have the manas constantly visible, especially the ones i have 0 of.. would be nice to either move them to an advisor, only list the ones you have, or make it a drop down scroll when you mouseover a certain button

They are available on all of your hooked up city screens. But some people really like having it on the main interface too.

They are available on all of your hooked up city screens. But some people really like having it on the main interface too.

My problem with it is that it occasionally crosses over with other text, such as unit lists of large stacks, but IIRC it was moved from somewhere else where it was getting in the way. I'd support Sureshot's suggestion of a dropdown menu, if its implementable

Top Bottom