[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Yeah, looking at it, either a demon/fiend or a drowned something (OO unit).

That too.

Maybe he can animate that naga (lamia?) that was created a few months ago.

You uh, do know that that C. Roland created said lamia, right? ;)

/though of course I'd love to see it in the game finally.

Like Sez have said, the animation are made by Refar. I've worked with him for some LHs and I asked his help for a animation of a unit that I have made. Since Ploeper is too busy right now, It would be fun if he can helps us again for animations. I'll try to make some LH for Fury Road mod in exchange of some other animation in the future for FFH. I still have a Lamia to anim and I'm reworking her, so this might be a good thing to animate.

As for my currunt project, like Sez have said, I used ZBrush for modeling and generating normal map for texture baking. Because I'am not a texturing god like Sez, I prefer to sculpt high resolution mesh in Zbrush and baked it into a texture after. Here's a little preview of the new guy (well, if we can call it a guy). This is the high resolution shot (around 4 milions polys). I've created a normal map from him that I will bake on his texture. A lots of details will be, of course, lost, but the unit should still look like this if the baking is made correctly. And with Refar's anim, the units have a lot more life.

Yeah Refar is awesome at that. :p With him you get flawless animations. ;)

The model and texture looks pretty awesome. I'm not familiar with Zbrush but it looks like a good program (free? :p).

It does have a really nice texture so it should look just as good once you turn the polys down to civ level.

Now I'll try and guess what it is. :p Mutated human? or a demon possesed human? I could guess alien as well but I don't think FfH uses those... in any case this unit should be useful for the necro cristi mod and fury road as well. :)

Yeah Refar is awesome at that. :p With him you get flawless animations. ;)

The model and texture looks pretty awesome. I'm not familiar with Zbrush but it looks like a good program (free? :p).

It does have a really nice texture so it should look just as good once you turn the polys down to civ level.

Now I'll try and guess what it is. :p Mutated human? or a demon possesed human? I could guess alien as well but I don't think FfH uses those... in any case this unit should be useful for the necro cristi mod and fury road as well. :)

Zbrush isn't free, and I don't think there is a free program that can do the job. Blender even if its have his flaws (like the rendering engine that isn't as good as mental ray) is still a nice altenative to 3ds max or maya but nothing is there to replaceZbrush. There is a sculpt mode in Blender, but blender can not handle real time modeling with millions polys, and overall, the sculpt mode isn't as good as Zbrush. Even if it's expensive, Zbrush is still affortable, 600$ isn't a lot if you compare with some traditional polygonal modeling tool like maya or studio max. And sculpting your mesh instead of modeling it, I found it the most pleasant way to create digital graphic. To be honest, it's in Zbrush that I had the most fun to create.

Great news on the new units. While we're on the subject of war elephants, can I just /bump my suggestion last year for the infernal one to be skeletal? :)

Also, so Yvain is an ancient of lore now? Who nonetheless still loves getting down with the elven ladies...

small update 11.o8.o8

The Mud Golem for Luchuirp. Freshly formed from the ground itself, ready to rebuild the empire.
Sorry for my long absence, but I was very busy in rl. (I also finished the orcish slave, but it is not worth showing it here...)

The Mud Golem is really awesome though the Clockwork Golem is insuperable ;) !

(The link doesn't work for me using Internet Explorer or Safari so i assume it's broken, to view your model i had to get the link to your site from the Stephanos model, so you should post a new link for the Mud Golem)

Is Yersinia model finished or is it a working in progress?

The Mud Golem is really awesome though the Clockwork Golem is insuperable ;) !

(The link doesn't work for me using Internet Explorer or Safari so i assume it's broken, to view your model i had to get the link to your site from the Stephanos model, so you should post a new link for the Mud Golem)

Is Yersinia model finished or is it a working in progress?

Fixed the link.

Yersinia is a placeholder, Kael put together from an old unit I created for WHFB mod. I will do the real Yersinia at the final stage of the Mod, after I had time to create the Units which really need new Art work (where no good placeholders are in place).

cheers.

Hail seZereth, I beg you for a decent ASSASSIN :please:

I love Svartalfar but I had to replace the ancient spy with a Ljosalfar assassin... It's good but I need a darker (and with blades) model for my darkelf army.

Pleeeese! :please:
:D

Top Bottom