FfH2 0.14 Bugs

picky thing - the tech description for gunpowder talks about the chinese and warfare in the 14th and 15th centuries -- who are they??? this is a different world i thought ...

not so picky - i went for rites of oghma (or 'the orgasm' as it kinda looks like if you have bad eyes and worse imagination) and after 165 turns (yikes) it produced six new mana sites - none in my territory - at that point i had 48.93 % of the world - just bad luck i guess ... so being an honorable chap i loaded the autosave and did it again - this time i got two out of six in my territory - but one was on a city site -- is there any way to 'improve' mana that appears in a city? (since i was going for the tower of mastery i was willing to bulldoze the city - is there any way to do that?)

ok so anyway just to play with this thing - i had every tower but the one that needed mind mana - so i sacked the water mana hole and replaced it with mind - built the proper tower - but then it wouldnt let me build the tower of mastery cuz i needed water - cool thing - one must actually have ALL the mana to win - so

ok rather than backpedal in time again i figured i would do what any gentleman would and declared war on my closest ally (who also had the closest clump of 'conjurer crack.')

but as soon as i declared war - the game allowed me to build the tower - WITHOUT all the assorted manas (manae? mania? manafico?)

side issue - the bad guys invaded a few times and ANOTHER mana site appeared in my territory after they sacked a town

questions - does 'the orgasm' keep giving mana?

is there a list somewhere of where one can get mana besides digging it out of the ground? (like 'eternal flame' and stuff)?

when it says 'never' in the civpedia definition and in the city screen - does that mean that it can never be cultivated - or is there an ffh def of 'never'?

what is 'metamagic'?

finally why would anyone want to be a lich?

thanks for a great game

didolover said:

Maybe to "live" forever? If it is choice between rotting in grave and rotting in your tower surrounded by piles of books to last few centuries....

Gladi said:
Maybe to "live" forever? If it is choice between rotting in grave and rotting in your tower surrounded by piles of books to last few centuries....
Some stories about liches say it can occur by accident while studying the very books in that Tower........I can find a few and send or post titles if anybody wants them.......sometimes it just happens......Cool Air by H.P. Lovecraft might be a good example.

didolover said:
picky thing - the tech description for gunpowder talks about the chinese and warfare in the 14th and 15th centuries -- who are they??? this is a different world i thought ...

I will see about changing that.

not so picky - i went for rites of oghma (or 'the orgasm' as it kinda looks like if you have bad eyes and worse imagination) and after 165 turns (yikes) it produced six new mana sites - none in my territory - at that point i had 48.93 % of the world - just bad luck i guess ... so being an honorable chap i loaded the autosave and did it again - this time i got two out of six in my territory - but one was on a city site -- is there any way to 'improve' mana that appears in a city? (since i was going for the tower of mastery i was willing to bulldoze the city - is there any way to do that?)

No, but I will modify the check so it doesnt place them in cities.

ok so anyway just to play with this thing - i had every tower but the one that needed mind mana - so i sacked the water mana hole and replaced it with mind - built the proper tower - but then it wouldnt let me build the tower of mastery cuz i needed water - cool thing - one must actually have ALL the mana to win - so

ok rather than backpedal in time again i figured i would do what any gentleman would and declared war on my closest ally (who also had the closest clump of 'conjurer crack.')

but as soon as i declared war - the game allowed me to build the tower - WITHOUT all the assorted manas (manae? mania? manafico?)

side issue - the bad guys invaded a few times and ANOTHER mana site appeared in my territory after they sacked a town

questions - does 'the orgasm' keep giving mana?

No, I would like to see a save game where you can make the tower of master without all the mana types.

is there a list somewhere of where one can get mana besides digging it out of the ground? (like 'eternal flame' and stuff)?

No, unfortunatly not.

when it says 'never' in the civpedia definition and in the city screen - does that mean that it can never be cultivated - or is there an ffh def of 'never'?

Never is a tech that can never be researched. I use it to hide theings behind that the player cant directly access (though special events may grant whatever it is).

what is 'metamagic'?

A spell spehere that hasnt been implemented yet.

Since they are functionaly the same as archmages upgrading an archmage to a lich frees up one of your archmage slots. Maning you can have 6 archmages (3 liches and 3 archmages).

Govannons train maceman promotion requires shock I, which he is unable to get.

Talking of Lich, I noticed that the pedia entry says that they have twincast but they dont have it. It also says they lose all affinity with nature but I am using my Lich to raise tigers.

Edit: forget the nature thing, i have so many units in the stack I didnt realise i also had a wizard on multiple select.

Without scanning the 7 pages to see if this has been noted yet...I used a Great Commander to rush build the Command Post without having Military Strategy researched yet.

Noticed this when playing as an elven civ (forget which one, but i know they can't build catapaults)...I built natures revolt and nothing seemed to happen. I had a ranger close to a barabarian hill giant...he was still a hill giant after the completion of the wonder.

Kael said:
I would like to see a save game where you can make the tower of master without all the mana types.

well my ingenious quick-replying friend here is two game saves - in 656 i cant build the tower and declare war on the world basically - in 657 it is letting me build the tower without water

two glitches to note: stoville (directly to the south edge, center of the map) has mana growing in it

and the city screen slider still doesnt work and one cant see all the mana the civ possess

thank you for your wondrous dilligence

i got around to producing a mana list and posted it on the regular ffh 14 discussion site (yall are welcome) at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4288884#post4288884

and in the game save i sent you kael i DO have water cuz the necronomicon produces it - but here is the thing - i know im missing one in there but its hard to figure cuz there is no one place that lists all the mana - the resource list is graphically challenged and the 'will trade' list doesnt show it if it is not mined and its not extra

having looked at the mana list i have a few more queries

why does eternal flame give 3 mana - the ai doesnt want to trade it cuz it always builds fire early and two civs get it with their palace

what is creation mana

and to be the pickiest of all - it should just be 'dimension' mana - we dont have the adjective form of the others (fiery mana, spiritual mana, entropic ... you get the idea) by the same token - 'enchant' mana would be good too (i like things as short as possible ... said the actress to the bishop)

Didn't wade through 7 pages to notice if this has been mentioned yet.
Running Version .14c (edit: not c, meant "b")

Orthus was born before turn 100 on two marathon games I've played (well, started anyway). Is this the intended pop date or is he misbehaving again?

-Zap

PS Keep up the great work!

You're running C already? :confused:

Orthus has been appearing at turn 77 in mine, but I'm playing quick games so 100 for marathon sounds right.

woodelf said:
Without scanning the 7 pages to see if this has been noted yet...I used a Great Commander to rush build the Command Post without having Military Strategy researched yet.

Yeap. The tech requirement is only for organized leaders who can build command posts as normal buildings. With a Great Commander you can get one anytime.

Yes, V14c I swear! There was this deal on a time machine on Ebay...:mischief:

Sorry yeah it was b. I knew that it was before turn 100 on both, and i think it was around 80 on at least one.

-Zap

Zap said:
Yes, V14c I swear! There was this deal on a time machine on Ebay...:mischief:

Sorry yeah it was b. I knew that it was before turn 100 on both, and i think it was around 80 on at least one.

-Zap

:lol: eBay hits FfH finally. :p

Zap said:
Didn't wade through 7 pages to notice if this has been mentioned yet.
Running Version .14c (edit: not c, meant "b")

Orthus was born before turn 100 on two marathon games I've played (well, started anyway). Is this the intended pop date or is he misbehaving again?

-Zap

PS Keep up the great work!

You're right, I will fix it in the next patch.

Sorry for being slow-minded, but are we on patch b or patch c? I see 'b' posted for d/l, but 'c' is listed with fixes.

FM_Freyland said:
Sorry for being slow-minded, but are we on patch b or patch c? I see 'b' posted for d/l, but 'c' is listed with fixes.

Sorry, I usually put (unreleased) by it. Patch c will be coming out tonight.

Kavok said:
Playing as the Hippus I never got the Hippus Axemen. Im almost 100% positive that I have Iron, Copper, Training Fields, and the Bronze Working tech.

They build fine for me.

Top Bottom