FfH2 0.20 Bug Thread

While playing as hyborem tonight, i unfortunately realized to late that you needed a great sage and not a great prophet for the ashen veil holy city, I had assumed that the temple of the viel gave a sage and a priest and therefore went down the crafting/mining/bronze working tech line instead of trying for libraries to get some sage points. i know sameness is disliked, but feel if the leaves can have a split prophet/bard GPP so should the viel get a sage/prophet split.

any word on when patch "G" is coming out? really waiting for that altar of luonnatar (sp?) fix as in a normal speed game saw the stage VI come up for another civ in year 259. waaayyyy to early.

I know this is graphics, and will have to wait, but when you attack one of Auric Ulvins crossbowmen, the axe they use when defending has a missing texture file and simply shows up in the default neon pink.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but tonight I was playing a game as Hyborem. I took over a town in the Southern Tundra and after the borders expanded, Mr. Hyborem whispered to me, "Hmmm, feels like home, I think I will leave it alone."
Is the Tundra land supposed to be immune to the spreading effects of Hell?
I had 2 towns for over 40 turns and hell never spread into a space that had Tundra as its base land type.

Not sure what it may be but if you scroll out as far as possible and try and do some of the commands, like show diplomatic things it crashes the game, might just me, but worth looking at?

This save (crash) just crashes whenever you hit end of turn. Not getting any error messages (it's my girlfriends pc - I'm not sure if she has enabled python exeptions yet.)

edit: I just noticed that the save (crash) just before you hit end of turn already crashes when you try to load it - so the other save (year 339) is from the middle of the turn, hope it works...

Edit2: Well, forget everything I just said :) . When you attack with the selected werewolves in the 3rd save (crash2) you get following python exeptions. The game then crashes when you hit end of turn.

Attachments

• crash2.Civ4SavedGame
    345.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 81
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 86
screens of a couple of issues attached

i havent played in a while so not sure how basium works now, but the mercurians werent in the game at the start so i assume he was summoned somehow. a window popped up so fast i couldnt read it (or maybe i accidentaly pressed enter at the same time) and then the scores went all messed up (edit: my bad, i found the fire workdiaries and read up on basiums new function, so i assume his score is being added to Valledias which would make this issue a cosmetic one)

second shot of the python error didnt noticeably interfere with gameplay,im not sure what triggered it

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 92
In several games I've played so far the Hyborem have been summoned by another civ. However, they either don't get a city or the city is on a nearby continent which they can't get to. Their city, with 0 guards is then sacked and destroyed. The games are on huge maps with 10 other civs and barbs.

Is there any way to give them a city that they can reach or some automatic reinforcements to prevent this. Perhaps give them a city then automatically spawn the all their start units in that city?

This is not a big deal since it does not appear to cause any issue in the game, but i receive this error each time i launch the game since i enabled python pop-ups.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last)
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "FfH2_120x60", line 10, in ?
ImportError : No module named Image
Then i click OK and receive a second error message
Code:
Failed to load python module FfH2_120x60
But this doen't seem to affect the game :confused:

Not sure what it may be but if you scroll out as far as possible and try and do some of the commands, like show diplomatic things it crashes the game, might just me, but worth looking at?
That's been a known issue for several versions unfortunately - I keep forgetting and trying to highlight military units to deal with pillagers :)

any word on when patch "G" is coming out? really waiting for that altar of luonnatar (sp?) fix as in a normal speed game saw the stage VI come up for another civ in year 259. waaayyyy to early.

Patch "g" is uploaded and linked in the first. It resovles the following issues:

1. Sacrificing Corlindale for peace halves the Armageddon Count.
2. Fixed the Unit strength displays so they are consistent (and correct).
3. Sanctify removes city ruins and reduces the Armageddon Counter.
4. You can't banish a unit unless you are at war with their owner.
5. Increased the AI's liklihood to use attack spells.
6. Fixed the pink bubble when a Hellfire tile is destroyed.
7. Altar of the Luonnotar tech requirements increased, last step moved to Omniscience most of the prior steps moved up a level.

It will not break save games.

Kael about patches why don't you release also an "Assert" version?
Assert versions were released in Better AI mod and who installed it had windows which shown if a bug was found.It would speed up the process to find and removing bugs.

I'm not sure if this falls under bug or what, but yesterday I started the game with Bannor, built the Mercurian Gate and Decided to go with Basium. I declared war on the Clan and captured all of their cities.

Then the strangest thing happened. One of Bannor's Confessors went around my lands and started to ring of flames all of my forests. I was, of course infuriated by this but, not forseeing this turn of events stood helplessly watching this pyromaniacal crazed Confessor of my permanent ally destroy all of my forest, thus destroying much of my production for my cities.

I didn't have Elementalism at the time, so I was incapable of stopping the fires and when I built some mercenaries to kill him, they couldn't attack..although they could attack my mercenaries. I was totally helpless to do anything as I couldn't declare war or harm him in any way.

I guess I could have built some Confessors to do the same, but that seemed counter productive to hurt our own unified strength.

My question is has this happened to anyone else and does this seem like a wise and appropriate course of action for the AI to take on their permanent allies? Is there any way to fix this or are we stuck having to put up with such self destructive allies. Shouldn't this been an act of war? Or need I plan for such indescrepancies better in the future...i.e...have Adepts with Water1 to combat the whacked out Confessors

So, my first opportuninty to lower the Arma. Counter proved odd...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 180
trying to load patch G, and getting the following error. downloaded the file multiple times, same result.

trying to load patch G, and getting the following error. downloaded the file multiple times, same result.

You cant have civ running when you apply the patch.

Kael, my second post ever on the forums. Congratulations on a really fun and interesting mod.

I had a few issues in my first game that I wanted to make you aware of.

1) Gypsy wagons in coastal cities can be attacked and destroyed by ships. I was playing as the Balseraphs and sent gypsy wagons to opponents' cities. My wagons in coastal cities were attacked and destroyed by pirates and, when I was at war, by enemy frigates. I didn't see naval units destroying any other land-based units, so I assume this is a bug, unless you intended to make gypsy wagons vulnerable in this way, although I can't see why you would.

2) I think others have pointed out that the AI doesn't seem to play the Infernals very well. I founded the Ashen Veil and brought the Infernals into the world. There was nowhere for them to settle, so they proceeded to declare war on everyone on my continent (the Lanun, Khazad, Grigor, and Svartalfar) except me, and were ultimately destroyed without having captured a single city. Maybe they should be programmed to attack the weakest non-evil civ, and go for the least defended city, so they can have a starting base? Just a thought.

3) While the Infernals were around, when I lost units in battle I got the message that my units had gone to serve the Infernals in the afterlife, which I expected. The problem was that after the Infernals were destroyed, when I lost units in battle I got a message that my units had gone to serve the Mercurians in the afterlife. My understanding from the "Fire" developer diary was that only units of good alignment would go to serve the Mercurians after being killed, not evil units. Otherwise, I think it unbalances things too much: I noticed on the power graph that the Mercurians increased significantly after the Infernals were destroyed.

That's it. Again, congrats on a great mod.

There is something broken with Sailors Dirge.It just remains blocked at one point without moving.These are the 2 screenshots i took in game.

You will notice that the shots have been taken in turn 11 and turn 22 in these 11 turns (well 13 because i noticed the first time Sailors Dirge on that tile on turn 9) Sailors Dirge hasn't yet moved!
Playing with 0.20h

Top Bottom