FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Patch J

I played Bannor -- sailed two ships into a coastal city of Malakim with whom I have open borders. ZZZ'ed she ships there for three or four turns, and they magically reappeared in Golden Leane... which is also land locked. Amazing! :lol:

------------------------------------

EDIT

What caused the problem was that the Malakim port city in which my ships were originally located happened to build a hidden nationality privateer, causing my ships to be displaced to what I'm assuming is the next closest city "with a port". This a happened to be the landlocked capital on the shore of a single-space lake. That's too bad. It would have been better if the ships moved out to sea, one space away from the original city.

See pic below.

Its 2% per turn of having an event and its never changed. 4% if you have the Living World option set.

Is it possible to up these percentages? I mean, put an option with how much do you want it to be. I would love playing it in a 15%+ chance.

Meanwhile, where can I find it to change on my copy?

Kael,

I know, that's why it's strange that I'm getting the GCF error, since I made sure the installation was done per the instructions.

@YohanLeafheart: You can get it through my Modules, or go back out to the BTS world defines and set it there (same setting that I moved into my module for the effect, but will now change EVERY mod/game played in BtS that doesn't set it personally).

Or you can edit every Era individually within the FfH XML.

@GoodGame: Go check out my "Proper Installation" thread in the help forum and I can work with you some more there. But please do read through the first post as I provide some tricks for figuring out where the game thinks that you should install, sometimes it isn't where WE think we should.

I'm constantly getting added 100 :hammers: on the base cost for settlers, so that they cost 220 :hammers: on normal speed eventhough the xml states that it should be 120 :hammers:. Lowering the cost to 20 :hammers: in the xml works arround that but it I don't know if the AI handle that correctly.

Patch "k" is linked in the first post. it will break save games and it makes the following changes:

1. Added Gender and Plural fields to the text strings for German translation.
2. Fixed the smugglers event popup.
3. Fixed the Murdered Wife event.
4. Fixed a problem that kept the Balseraphs from selecting the Balseraph only option in the Strange Advisor event (thanks Sto!).
5. Fixed Falamar's Pron events.
6. Fixed the Civ specific events (so they won't trigger if that civ isn't in the game).
7. Fixed an OOS caused by the Pron events.
8. Blight won't trigger multiple times anymore.
9. Water Elemental strength reduced from 8 to 6 and given Water Affinity +1.
10. Hellfire won't trigger multiple times anymore.
11. Air Elementals spawn Lightning Elementals in combat.
12. Added the Demonic Tome event.
13. Added the Holy Child event.
14. Added the Sheaim Elegy event.
15. Added the Elohim Hallowing event.
16. Added the Mistforms event (idea by Xienwolf).
17. Added the Flare Entropy Node event.
18. Added the Flare Fire Node event.
19. Added the Flare Life Node event.
20. Added the Flare Nature Node event.
21. Added the Flare Water Node event.
22. Added the Inn to Housing event (idea by Xienwolf).
23. Added the Flare Dimensional Node event.
24. Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults).

Kontroller let me know if the plural/gender fields work for you.

Xienwolf let me know if modular promotions work for you.

Game froze on me after the elven mercs event, Khazad patch j.

After popup, i hired the mercs, and went to spot my spoils, and there was only one merc unit (not 3). It had (lotsa nums like 1243517634) for str / (lotsa nums) for def. I went what the ? and when I clicked on the unit the game froze. Had to reset my machine... :( guess no elven mercs for me...

The next patch will switch the encoding on the text files to ISO-8859-1.

Note: this is wrong, this ist not ISO-8859-1

Coldfever says you have to convert the xml file an then replace all not ISO-8859-1 character with @ (for Example) an then i replace the @ with the correct german characters (and the other in france language too)

I send you a converted xml file to the right encoding ISO-8859-1

Gender/plural fields

sorry this was my mistake. The gender an plural fields are not necessary. I can write the gender and plural tags in the normal fields

because the strukture ist follow:

<German><Text>Gametext</Text><Gender>Text</Gender><Plural>Text</Plural></German>

Its 2% per turn of having an event and its never changed. 4% if you have the Living World option set.

This is 2% for each civ on each turn, correct? Therefore games with only 2 civs will show events only very rarely?

Does Raging Seas accidently do more damage to highly promoted units on the current patch, J? I lost an experieinced pyre zombie, but not the weak ones. Also, I haven't seen Acheron after a 180 turns.

I just finished a game as Hyborem, and Acheron spawned after about turn 300, in a city taken over by one of the four horseman. The AC reached 100 a couple of turns later and I think that killed him though.

17. Added the Flare Entropy Node event.
18. Added the Flare Fire Node event.
19. Added the Flare Life Node event.
20. Added the Flare Nature Node event.
21. Added the Flare Water Node event.
Great minds... :) Was thinking of a selection of these for my (currently in ongoing brainstorming phase) Node Maturity mod(comp) - with different effects depending on the maturity and type of the node in question. Will have to see how closely our trains of thought were eunning :)

Patch k, got the smuggler's event and picked the first option that should have given me a smuggler's port in the city. I didn't get the building.

Hi I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet... But the game lists improvements that are built in elven forests as causing a loss to production as if the forests had been chopped down... While not a direct AI issue is has the result of automated workers/AI workers for the elves almost never building in forests. Which basically makes the eleves special ability useless for the AI and good the player only if they want to micromanage their workers. Only occasionally if they are super low on food will the AI build farms there now. This doesn't seem to affect lumber mills or improvements required to utilize resources.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (because i think there's a good chance it has), but I don't have to read all 96 pages of this thread.

Have been fixed bug in “Calabim refuges event” when ther were seeking refuge in Calabim cities?
It is rather odd to read Calabim refuges in Prespur. :D

Patch K:
"Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults)."

Dwarven Trebuchet still fears (tried on Acheron)

Edit: same for Malakims ordinary catapult :-(

"How many time takes each turn? (AI turn)" :
actually, it is pretty fast when on a standard map! I do not see the difference with a regular game when the map is full (toward the end). I also set the AI to "aggressive" which "cleans up" things fast...
But the game crashes though if I use the shift-F5 / shift-F8 quick save/load...
It is also difficult to start the game as you can be defeated at start if the AI can not place you.
You also need to have a pangae for allowing better civ placement at start.
And finally, I set up the word already with Barbarians civs: it means the map is (almost) full fom start to finish, and the game speed tends to be constant, which gives you a good routine/timing!
If I play Large (not huge), I can go to 26 civs. I can use 32 on huge, but can never finish the game: my computer can support it, but not my nerves; 90 to 120 secondes between each turn!!!

I'm still getting the GFC error: Theme error...It is installed in the mod section of BTS, right next to final fontier and FfH:Ice age

Top Bottom