FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Here is a crash for you : when hitting next turn, turn processing takes forever (well, I only tested a few minutes, but seeing as the turns before that took less than 10 seconds...). It's only turn 60 (albeit with a generous quick start option), so it's not a late game problem. version is 30k.

Note that I have played quite a bit in other games without getting the problem, even blight only slows thing down a bit, nothing like what I am getting there.

Attachments

• Hang during turn process.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.2 KB · Views: 47
2.030 patch h
playing doviello

dont have to build magical circle to build adepts or the catacombs of libarus.
catacombs of libarus dont give me a magical circle in every city.

If by "Magical Circle" you mean Mage Guild, then this in intended. The Doviello (like the Clan of Embers) do not have access to this building (they have a "UB" set to NONE), which means they ignore it whenever the building is a prereq for anything. It also means that there is no building for the wonder to give.

Game froze on me after the elven mercs event, Khazad patch j.

After popup, i hired the mercs, and went to spot my spoils, and there was only one merc unit (not 3). It had (lotsa nums like 1243517634) for str / (lotsa nums) for def. I went what the ? and when I clicked on the unit the game froze. Had to reset my machine... :( guess no elven mercs for me...
This may be occuring because the elves are given PROMOTION_ELVEN instead of PROMOTION_ELF. It is still wrong in patch k.

Spider Mine event, patch k:

When I choose to deal with the spiders myself, nothing happens. (No spiders appear.)

[Edit] Thanks, Tielby, I'll check that.

Spider Mine event, patch k:

When I choose to deal with the spiders myself, nothing happens. (No spiders appear.)

Spiders are invisible to most units (basically except scouts, hunters, etc) by default. I've had the event twice and the spider really is there.

Latest version of BTS and FfH2, patch k.

I noticed that event about a failed marriage with other civs happens to me from time to time. It usually provides a -1 hit to relations or so.

The problem is that the event only shows up in the scrolling event log. There is no pop up calling attention to the event. Bug, feature, or operator error?

Thanks!

Only reason I'm asking is because I went to do diplomancy with someone I'd been on good terms with... only to find that I now had a -2 relations modifier in the mix due to "past history." Only after scrolling through the log did I find the failed marriage events.

Patch J gives me this python exception (error log in this case) somewhat regularly...

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 1278, in canTriggerSmugglers

IndexError: tuple index out of range
ERR: Python function canTriggerSmugglers failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

And, anytime the event to send an Adept off to an Amurite academy if I chose to send them I get a CTD, no python exceptions and nothing in the log.

v030.h

I can't group animals together (even 4 bears, they have to be moved one by one)

The mercenaries from the Merc guild don't have hidden nationality (WAD?)

I don't see any bonuses from the forts, even on the same tile... make you wonder if they really give the bonus!

aside that, awesome work as usual!

v030.h

I can't group animals together (even 4 bears, they have to be moved one by one)

The mercenaries from the Merc guild don't have hidden nationality (WAD?)

I don't see any bonuses from the forts, even on the same tile... make you wonder if they really give the bonus!

aside that, awesome work as usual!

Pocus,

Remember that you can't group hidden nationality units. Are your four bears HN?

Best wishes,

Breunor

The Elven Guild of Nine event causes a python error when accepting it:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 581, in
doGuildOfNineMerc41

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

This is with patch "k"

Playing patch k I noticed two little bugs:
a) the towers that are on the map from the start are unrazeable. But when they upgrade to a fort you can raze the fort and its gone completely. Don't know if thats intended.. if so please disregard the abive

b) When cities flip because of culture and you decied to disband the city a city ruin is produced but no +1 AC. But you can sanctify the ruins and get -1 AC.

Going from patch "h" to patch "k" has broken a couple of things:

1) barbarian units at the beginning of the game have the wrong models. The skeletons, for example, look like the old swordsman model (leather shoulder pads, round shield), while the elephants look like the civ iv mounted elephant units. The orcs look like civ iv pikemen.) This goes away when the turn is ended, but they randomly switch back. Not game-breaking, but annoying.

EDIT: yes, I had frozen animations, that cleared it up.

2) first to research writing no longer gives a free sage

EDIT: yes it does, my mistake in testing.

3) BIG ONE: Settlers still cost 220 hammers to produce: this is a huge imbalance in favor of aggressive REX civs, since it is cost-ineffective to build a settler instead of 10 warriors to take the nearest city, etc.

Latest version of BTS and FfH2, patch k.

I noticed that event about a failed marriage with other civs happens to me from time to time. It usually provides a -1 hit to relations or so.

The problem is that the event only shows up in the scrolling event log. There is no pop up calling attention to the event. Bug, feature, or operator error?

Thanks!

Only reason I'm asking is because I went to do diplomancy with someone I'd been on good terms with... only to find that I now had a -2 relations modifier in the mix due to "past history." Only after scrolling through the log did I find the failed marriage events.
Only the player for whom the event triggers gets the popup and the choice of sending a gift (sometimes, depending on religions). The other player just gets the notification in the message window.

@Alamoslithe - have you got Frozen Animations on? That's not well supported by FfH. Fairly sure the sage is still in - did someone else beat you to it? Were you allied with another player who might've received it?

Playing the latest patch (k, I think) I got the spider mine event. Choosing the third option crashed my game :mad: Not sure if this is a bug or not, but still...

My apologies if this has been discussed already but this thread can be a little unwieldy. Twice now I have received an event stating that my hero wants to lead an expedition into a lost tomb. I am given three options. The first two options have bad parameters because it says something like so and so happens to _unit 1-89 blah blah blah. The third option is clear and says I have a chance for my hero to receive a magic item, but both times I clicked this option nothing happened.

Top Bottom