FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

I keep locking, it just sits on "waiting for other civilizations". I can still scroll around when this happens and I never see anyone else moving so Im not sure if it is getting stuck at the end of my turn or at the beginning of one of the computer players.

I keep getting out of sync errors since patch H when using direct IP connection.

Sometimess 1 or 2 different players will have different oos values than anyone else.

This usually happens during the first 20 turns.

(already cleared cache, reinstalled patch H).

We tried having different combinations of people play the game, so we found that the problem is not just with 1 persons game files/PC etc.

Seems at least a couple others are having the same problem.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261672

btw, is it possible to go back to the G patch temporarily? Will it work to simply reinstall the G patch?

Number of turns per autosave is set in the Civ4 config file (found in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword for default install)

If that's not working for FFh2 mod only, maybe try copying that line into the mod config file?

Didnt work...

Number of turns per autosave is set in the Civ4 config file (found in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword for default install)

If that's not working for FFh2 mod only, maybe try copying that line into the mod config file?

I did some playing around and yeah... in every map generated with the standard number of players per map size (regardless of map type), no reagents spawn. however, if i decrease the number of players, the reagents spawn again. this seems to be only true for this resource and not other resources.

There is a problem with the Blessings of Amathon setting. It will often generate maps without reagents or mithril due to resource overcrowding. Are you generating maps with Blessings of Amathon enabled?

If you choose map types that let you have "balanced resources" you will get reagents regardless of the number of players or the Blessings of Amathon.

If it is only on tiles actually being worked, it is because they get 1 growth point for free, and 1 for being worked.

If it is for a non-worked tile, then I am at a loss.
As far as I can see (looking at the SDK code) then the routine that handles improvement upgrade is being called twice each turn.

I keep getting out of sync errors since patch H when using direct IP connection.

Sometimess 1 or 2 different players will have different oos values than anyone else.

This usually happens during the first 20 turns.

(already cleared cache, reinstalled patch H).

We tried having different combinations of people play the game, so we found that the problem is not just with 1 persons game files/PC etc.

Seems at least a couple others are having the same problem.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261672

btw, is it possible to go back to the G patch temporarily? Will it work to simply reinstall the G patch?

we too
so back to patch G for not getting OOS errors then?
:cry:

These bugs are using patch 'H' :

It is possible to destroy equipment, like orthus's axe or the nether blade, by using assassins to attack an enemy stack that contains an unequiped item.

im still getting civ specific event when the civ isnt in the game. i got the belseraphs carnival event 3 times by the time i was about 70 turns into the game. i checked the world editor and the belseraphs were not present. later on, i could see the malakim getting the carnival event myltiple times in one of their cities over and over again.

I don't have the time to read thru this entire thread so I have no idea if the problem I'm having with this mod has been adressed or not...
You see FfH2 starts up fine, I can go into the 'Play Now' or 'Custom Game' menu's and start up a game. But, whenever it starts loading, the game crashes to the desktop saying that 'Windows has experienced an error...' yadayadayada...
I've got BtS 3.13. and Civ IV 1.7.4. installed and I have also patched FfH2 to version 'h' so I don't think the problem could be situated in this area. The only thing I can think of that might be the cause to my problems is that I use a no-cd crack for Civ4 since my original CD was completely screwed up from playing it too much and leaving it lying around on my desk.

Could someone plzzzzz help me 'cause I wanna play this mod real bad. FfH1 was a genius work of art that robbed me of my social life and good grades ;) and I would very much like to continue my mental ******ation, so plz post a reply that could help me...

Knightmare71

I mentioned earlier that all of my units got wiped out by what, at the time, I thought was pestilence. Two events happened at the same time, which I think is what caused all of my units to be killed. There was a pestilence event and a worldbreak spell cast at the same time, that ended up wiping out all of my units (other than those made of wood, like siege weapons, ships, and treants). That's obviously more than a hundred units instantly killed off when they should have sustained 40-60% individual damage. AC was at about 50-55 IIRC. I reloaded an earlier saved game, but the mishap did not reproduce... Anyone else had this happen?

Me. With the Ac at a mere 45 for me, my grand army of over 200 units was reduced to a mere 2 cannon (all my heroes died too grrrr) . And all of my cities were knocked back down to one person.........

Plagues were bad in medieval/ancient times, but I don't think they were this bad......

For units with the marksmen promotion destroying equipment I changed it so that they would only target units with a base combat strength greater than 0 (since all equipment has 0 strength) and thus won't even attack it unless they can capture it. However this also means they won't attack workers if they're in the stack. Personally I don't mind it that way, but I could see others differing on that opinion.

Code:
                                if (pAttacker != NULL && pAttacker->isTargetWeakestUnit())
                                {
									if (pBestUnit == NULL || (pBestUnit->isBetterDefenderThan(pLoopUnit, pAttacker) && !pBestUnit->isTargetWeakestUnitCounter()))
                                    {
                                        pBestUnit = pLoopUnit;
                                    }
                                }

to

Code:
                                {
									if (pBestUnit == NULL || (pBestUnit->isBetterDefenderThan(pLoopUnit, pAttacker) && !pBestUnit->isTargetWeakestUnitCounter() && pLoopUnit->currHitPoints() > 0))
                                    {
                                        pBestUnit = pLoopUnit;
                                    }
                                }

in CvPlot::getBestDefender

I use large and huge maps, both with the default number of players and adding/subtracting players and I always get reagents.

Could it be more the TYPE rather than the SIZE of map being used? I always use the Fantasy Realm map and it seems fine to me.

I'll do so more testing. I have tried it with continents, archipelago, and fractal. and regardless of size, it doesn't give reagents. I should also note, that most of the time, i'm testing with Grigori. I'll post again once I've narrowed down the pattern on different maps. I'll need something to do while trying not to get too stressed about by the superbowl.

Heres my autosave right before the endless rotating globe waiting for the other computer players to move. I honestly doubt its a system problem, I have been playing on a standard world with 7 opponents for the last 2 patches and never had anything like this.

The infernals are running a capital with population 45, I thought it might be the problem, but dropping the population didn't help and they have had that many for a few turns previous.

athlon 64x2 2.2 gig
8800 GTS video
2 gigs cosair DDR800 ram

Sucks since I had a fantastic starting spot too. Nothing like staring on a patch of Floodplains with 2 special features nearby.
First time I have uploaded a file to this forum so I hope it works.
turn 317 always hits the bug.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0316.CivBeyondSwordSave
    230.1 KB · Views: 40
For units with the marksmen promotion destroying equipment I changed it so that they would only target units with a base combat strength greater than 0 (since all equipment has 0 strength) and thus won't even attack it unless they can capture it. However this also means they won't attack workers if they're in the stack. Personally I don't mind it that way, but I could see others differing on that opinion.

Code:
                                {
									if (pBestUnit == NULL || (pBestUnit->isBetterDefenderThan(pLoopUnit, pAttacker) && !pBestUnit->isTargetWeakestUnitCounter()))
                                    {
                                        pBestUnit = pLoopUnit;
                                    }
                                }

to

Code:
                                {
									if (pBestUnit == NULL || (pBestUnit->isBetterDefenderThan(pLoopUnit, pAttacker) && !pBestUnit->isTargetWeakestUnitCounter() && pLoopUnit->currHitPoints() > 0))
                                    {
                                        pBestUnit = pLoopUnit;
                                    }
                                }

in CvPlot::getBestDefender

This would also help prevent your Great People from getting assassinated before you even get a chance to use them...

Top Bottom