FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Hi all,

Have the latest patches and all. Love the game! Is there a way to speed it up? It seems that when you get to 200+ turns, the game slows down quite a bit.

Pas

Hi all,

Have the latest patches and all. Love the game! Is there a way to speed it up? It seems that when you get to 200+ turns, the game slows down quite a bit.

Pas

The only way I have found, Pas, is to decrease your map size and number of civs. Some say hell terrain slows things down further, and I tend to agree.

I suppose it also depends on your machine's specs, but it seems things slow down even with the requirements met and exceeded.

I dialed back from Huge maps with 10 or more civs to Large maps with lesser civs and it is better, but still very slow in the last 200 turns of my Epic speed games.

I have play the game several times using custom game to launch,but in the games I can not find regents--resource for some religious units, but I find it by launch the game in PLAY NOW. may be its a bug

the event that sell me some units(may be elven archers or some thing like that), I didn't got the units instead I got a unit with the strength 1xxxxxxx....
I think it is a bug

a ritual I have build that is for a small amount of the counter decrease isn't work, the counter didn't decrease and in the city I can't find it.

After ending this turn, the message 'Waiting for other players' always appears. I tried to change my research goal and to move my units to another way, but always this never ending message appears. Is this a known problem?

I attached this savegame and I'm using FfH2 0.30k.

4 Miscellaneous bugs I found in my last game:

1. Dragons cannot be healed by the Cure Disease spell. I used Arthendain numerous times to try and rid Abashi of the disease and it never worked. However, when I sent the dragon to the city with the Aqua Succellus and waited a turn, the disease was gone. :) Still, shouldn't the cure disease spell work for all units?

2. Amurite units are walking through fire and burning hell terrain without the Magic Resistance promotion. Do they automatically have this ability like Orcs? I noticed Amurite units like Adepts, Diseased Corpses, and Firebows doing this.

3. Although I had Good alignment when one of my cities expanded, hell terrain stayed around. Included was Razor Weed. I built a plantation and hooked it up, but it never gave me the +1 Happiness promised. This DID work, however, when I hooked up Nightmares even though I already had Horses.

4. I've seen this problem often and saw it again. I had 1 Law Mana from my civ. I captured a Clan city that had a Law Mana node intact. It was connected to my civ, yet I still showed only 1 Law Mana. If you capture a node like this, shouldn't it revert to your civ?

Thanks.

4 Miscellaneous bugs I found in my last game:

1. Dragons cannot be healed by the Cure Disease spell. I used Arthendain numerous times to try and rid Abashi of the disease and it never worked. However, when I sent the dragon to the city with the Aqua Succellus and waited a turn, the disease was gone. :) Still, shouldn't the cure disease spell work for all units?

2. Amurite units are walking through fire and burning hell terrain without the Magic Resistance promotion. Do they automatically have this ability like Orcs? I noticed Amurite units like Adepts, Diseased Corpses, and Firebows doing this.

3. Although I had Good alignment when one of my cities expanded, hell terrain stayed around. Included was Razor Weed. I built a plantation and hooked it up, but it never gave me the +1 Happiness promised. This DID work, however, when I hooked up Nightmares even though I already had Horses.

4. I've seen this problem often and saw it again. I had 1 Law Mana from my civ. I captured a Clan city that had a Law Mana node intact. It was connected to my civ, yet I still showed only 1 Law Mana. If you capture a node like this, shouldn't it revert to your civ?

Thanks.

Hi Sarasin. Most of what you've reported aren't actually bugs, or at least not in the way you might think.
1. I think the intention was that dragons could not be diseased, so I think that's the solution to that issue. Anyway, dragons are supposed to be 100% magic immune so the cure spell shouldn't work even if they can catch a cold.

2. Sorry, no idea on this one.

3. Razorweed isn't supposed to give +1 happy, it gives +1 gold. That's what's listed in the Civilopedia and that's what I get from it in my current game.

4. Anytime a mana node falls outside the cultural borders of the city that built it, even temporarily, it reverts to it's raw state and has to be rebuilt. The bug here is that the mouseover still shows what kind of mana it used to be. From what I've read (in this thread), you have to pillage the mana node to remove the old reference. After that, I think you should be able to build any kind of node you want. I haven't checked this myself though.

Hope this helps.

any units with fire strength or fire resistance(from any source) can walk through burning tiles
this includes orcs demons and dragons.

amurite bowmen i beleive get +1 fire strength from flaming arrows
they can also earn promotions to get fireball, so i assume they're supposed to have some control over fire

The fire could have spread there after the units.

Hell terrain doesn't go away automatically in good lands, the plot counter merely decreases by 1 per turn. When it drops below 10 then it is no longer hell, but the counter can go up to 100.

Not entirely sure it's a bug, but Loki doesn't start with the Hero promotion.

Also, the two times I had Loki and he was attacked, he didn't run away (and was killed). First time he was in another civ's city, and was attacked by a hidden nationality unit. Second time he was in one of my cities. Both times there were multiple empty land tiles next to him.

Both using patch k.

If Loki is in a city, he can't run away. Best keep him away from someone who's got the Pact of the Nilhorn.

I second the Loki Issue. He doesnt run away anymore, and since he's very weak and doesn't get XP, he's useless now.

A friend of mine an I had some Multyplayer games, and have had quite some OOSs. We could track at least one down.

Archeron was killed by the Kuriotate. This caused an OOS. Erabates was already born and stood either next to archeron or killed Archeron. Both produced an OOS.

Quite some Events seem to produce OOS, so we played a new game than with events disabled.
Around turn 95 we got the message that the barbarians had a great commander spawned in the town where Archeron sits - next turn the game went OOS.
Strange is, that both of us got the info about the commander and both of us were informed about it spawning in the same city - so this should be perfectly syncrone.

As much as I'd love playing FFH2 in Multyplayer, having a OOS every 20 - 100 turns is not fun, so we have decidet to stop.
But we will keep an eye on every new patch and as soon as a OOS issue is fixed, we'll try again.

I hope we could help to track at least one issue down.

I have play the game several times using custom game to launch,but in the games I can not find regents--resource for some religious units, but I find it by launch the game in PLAY NOW. may be its a bug

This has been discussed quite a bit (do a search on the forums). The problem is how maps are generated, depending on your map type and your custom game settings.

Hi Sarasin. Most of what you've reported aren't actually bugs, or at least not in the way you might think.
1. I think the intention was that dragons could not be diseased, so I think that's the solution to that issue. Anyway, dragons are supposed to be 100% magic immune so the cure spell shouldn't work even if they can catch a cold.

2. Sorry, no idea on this one.

3. Razorweed isn't supposed to give +1 happy, it gives +1 gold. That's what's listed in the Civilopedia and that's what I get from it in my current game.

4. Anytime a mana node falls outside the cultural borders of the city that built it, even temporarily, it reverts to it's raw state and has to be rebuilt. The bug here is that the mouseover still shows what kind of mana it used to be. From what I've read (in this thread), you have to pillage the mana node to remove the old reference. After that, I think you should be able to build any kind of node you want. I haven't checked this myself though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, your explanations did help.

Abashi clearly was diseased after attacking Diseased Corpses, so I guess that is the bug then. ;)

I just checked about the Razorweed again, and you are right. But, shouldn't it appear somewhere in my resource box? It doesn't.

Thanks for the advice on the mana node. I will try to pillage it and see what happens.

any units with fire strength or fire resistance(from any source) can walk through burning tiles
this includes orcs demons and dragons.

amurite bowmen i beleive get +1 fire strength from flaming arrows
they can also earn promotions to get fireball, so i assume they're supposed to have some control over fire

You might be right about the Firebows. I'm not sure about the Adepts, though. Would having Fire I allow them to do this?

I can't see how Amurite Diseased Corpses could do it though without the Fire Resistance promotion, and they did.

The fire could have spread there after the units.

Hell terrain doesn't go away automatically in good lands, the plot counter merely decreases by 1 per turn. When it drops below 10 then it is no longer hell, but the counter can go up to 100.

No, they were moving on and off the tiles which had roads.

You're right about the hell terrain. Normally, I would send an Adept to clean that stuff up, but I decided to let the tiles for Razor Weed and Nightmares to remain so I could pick up those additional resources. As I said, Nightmares appeared in my resource box, but not the Razor Weed.

Are the forts et al. really functionning in the game? I seem to get the same probability of attacking an enemy, if I control the nearby fort or not (v30h)

After ending this turn, the message 'Waiting for other players' always appears. I tried to change my research goal and to move my units to another way, but always this never ending message appears. Is this a known problem?

I attached this savegame and I'm using FfH2 0.30k.

Unfortunately, this more or less always happens in a game sooner or later. It seems to be a BTS problem which has contaminated FFHII 0.30 as well. Solutions have been discussed but none that works well for all. Sad to say, my favorite game of all times is now on the shelf until this is solved. (Have been through the BTS forums as well and a lot of people have come to the same conclusion. Firaxis, what have you done!!!!?)

Top Bottom