FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Falamar does not care about those chaotic workers, no matter what promos worker have if he going to settle pirate fort and make more 1 cheesehole in motherland :)

I was playing with Lanun today. And after a while I switched to Hyborem and I was able to see the pearls with Hyborem too; is this because Hyborem acquires all technologies researched by the civ who researched Infernal Pact? Or it wasn't actually intended to be this way?
Probably an oversight actually - he'll be suffering from -1 food on farms too as a result if that's still in place that way.

Probably an oversight actually - he'll be suffering from -1 food on farms too as a result if that's still in place that way.

Hmm, actually I believe that might not be the case, unless -1 food from farms comes from Seafaring tech. I think that's from the palace. Nothing major anyway.

Couldn't remeber if it was still the tech or switched to something else - though if it's the palace then losing the capital would suddenly boost farms back up, which would be a bit odd. Shouldn't be hard to add a line to the python section which grants Hybo his summoner's techs to block Seafaring (and Never, on the grounds that you might as well at the same time). The same line would be needed if the 'minor civilsations' idea I saw floating around the other day were implemented via tech (though not if the major civs started with Major Civilization tech of course). It's probably never come up before since it's not very common for the Lanun to summon the red guy.

Couldn't remeber if it was still the tech or switched to something else - though if it's the palace then losing the capital would suddenly boost farms back up, which would be a bit odd. Shouldn't be hard to add a line to the python section which grants Hybo his summoner's techs to block Seafaring (and Never, on the grounds that you might as well at the same time). The same line would be needed if the 'minor civilsations' idea I saw floating around the other day were implemented via tech (though not if the major civs started with Major Civilization tech of course). It's probably never come up before since it's not very common for the Lanun to summon the red guy.

That block is actually already on the "Eyes and Ears Network" - you can't gain certain techs using it.

i founded a city that was next to tomb of sucellus and had it in its borders. it was captured by barbs and i liberated it the next turn. the turn that it was captured, the tomb was not in my borders. when i connect a road to it post-liberation, i do not get any life mana.

i have always had trouble with mana as a resource. i am constantly having mana nodes that dont provide any resources.

In the case of the Tomb and other unique Features, you need to have the tech for the resource in order to get the resource now. So if you haven't researched Divination, you cannot gain Life Mana from the map.

In the case of normal nodes: If they EVER change borders (culture flip, conquest, or reduction of culture range) then they become Raw Mana, but still SHOW like they are the previous mana type. Pillage the Node and then you can set it to any type you desire (actually you need pillage only if you are aiming to build the same mana type it already shows)

I think I have seen the resource (mana) provided by unique tile improvements revert to raw mana. Patch J. I don't know if it was because it got out of cultural borders or because of Amurite world spell.

did I miss what happened to patch "l"? i noticed the OP is jumping to m.

Patch "l" was internal only. It has some "Ice" functionality in it so the team can start playing with it and building specifc ideas for the next phase. the toys I added in for the team to play with will be removed before "m".

Why not let us all play with the Ice content?

Well, so long as we get the new python tags in the next version I guess I'm ok without the ice features. I would really like it if you included the "promotion combat bonus vs multiple promotions" in the next version and adding the new tags to the promotion xml (and of course the pyOnMove tag/function too, but you already nixed that one) in the next version too.

this may be a general civ 4 glitch, but this is what happened.

started a new game on standard map, fractal, random civ. booted up the game, founded a city, started making units, etc.

11 turns later I win a conquest victory because the game didn't spawn any other civilizations.

I lost my hero shadow trying to pillage a deer for 50gold at 40-90% success rate.

I don't know how you might fix this, but you obviously cannot use the sabotage/pillage function, at all, with shadows when the fail = death.

I didn't check to see other spy-like abilities they had (such as from inside city).

Shadows cost alot more than spies in BTS, you cannot risk their death on a fail. The function is not usable.

I agree with your last statement. I stopped using Shadows for pillaging a long time ago precisely for the reason you mentioned. The same for using Archmages and their Domination spell (you also have a chance of losing them if the spell fails).

You really have to weigh the risk with the reward and decide if it is worth it or not.

I don't think the Shadows have any other spy-like abilities, except they can see what is being built in a city. I use them for picking off workers and other weak units (Great people especially, as they are at the bottom of a stack and the AI for some reason stockpiles these to get Golden Ages) until they get stronger and can take on some of the big boys.

Of course, now you have to be at war with a civ to do this as Shadows no longer have the HN that lets them harass civs you are at peace with, but would like to open up for barb attacks, for example.

I would like to see some sort of mechanism where the % of success in pillaging rises as the Shadows gain XP. Even then it would be risky to try and pillage Deer with the possible outcome of losing an experienced Shadow.

I agree with your last statement. I stopped using Shadows for pillaging a long time ago precisely for the reason you mentioned. The same for using Archmages and their Domination spell (you also have a chance of losing them if the spell fails).

You really have to weigh the risk with the reward and decide if it is worth it or not.

I don't think the Shadows have any other spy-like abilities, except they can see what is being built in a city. I use them for picking off workers and other weak units (Great people especially, as they are at the bottom of a stack and the AI for some reason stockpiles these to get Golden Ages) until they get stronger and can take on some of the big boys.

Of course, now you have to be at war with a civ to do this as Shadows no longer have the HN that lets them harass civs you are at peace with, but would like to open up for barb attacks, for example.

I would like to see some sort of mechanism where the % of success in pillaging rises as the Shadows gain XP. Even then it would be risky to try and pillage Deer with the possible outcome of losing an experienced Shadow.

I agree with Sarisin as well. Maybe a -1 or -2 relations hit with that civilization and kicking the Shadow back to the capital would be a better price to pay than losing that Shadow. By the way, I've found out the CoE and Shadows work quite well together. HN, kill the stuff and then declare nationality works pretty good.

Hi I have patch k. I received a clockwork golem as a result of an event, with multiple choices. I'm sorry that I can't remember how I got it, I was playing late last night when it happened, but I imagine there are only so many events that occur where receiving a clockwork golem is a choice. Anyways this unit has like -1534425355/1452354724 strength and similarly ridiculous numbers for range. When I select the unit the game locks up. I can still move the cursor but I can't alt tab or ctrl alt del and I have to reboot. I've never used the world builder and I feel stupid that I can't figure out how to simply delete the unit so I can finish my game.

Edit: playing as Sidar, standard size, hemispheres, quick.

Hi I have patch k. I received a clockwork golem as a result of an event, with multiple choices. I'm sorry that I can't remember how I got it, I was playing late last night when it happened, but I imagine there are only so many events that occur where receiving a clockwork golem is a choice. Anyways this unit has like -1534425355/1452354724 strength and similarly ridiculous numbers for range. When I select the unit the game locks up. I can still move the cursor but I can't alt tab or ctrl alt del and I have to reboot. I've never used the world builder and I feel stupid that I can't figure out how to simply delete the unit so I can finish my game.

Edit: playing as Sidar, standard size, hemispheres, quick.

Do you know what promotion it said would be on the golem? The bug occurs when you grant a promotion that doesn't exist to a unit.

EDIT: Nevermind - both the Strong and Weak options have "UNIT_PROMOTION_WEAK" and "UNIT_PROMOTION_STRONG", rather than just "PROMOTION_WEAK" and "PROMOTION_STRONG". in CvRandomEventInterface.py, doMachineParts (1 and 2)

Could happen to Falamar too.

It also could happen to Charadon, which would make more sense, considering that's where the settler came from.

Perhaps put a line in the code that turns enraged units barbarian that'll kill settlers, instead?

Top Bottom