FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

I tried to search for this bug and didn't find it in this thread, so sorry if it's a repeat.

When the undercouncil votes to go to war, the message for voting still says something about the U.N.

This is not a bug, but I've been playing Hyborem a lot and it would be really nice if you could convert a captured city into a demonic citizens city. Maybe by dumping twice as many manes populations on the city as it has living people. Maybe have the option for Hyborem himself to convert the city with a % chance of revolt? As it is, I end up razing every city and moving people in, but you lose a lot of holy cities and wonders that way.

You can steal pieces of Barnaxus from Barnaxus. These seems to crash my games. It also seems like Barnaxus would object.

I finally got Mary Morbus to spawn! Woot.

Oddly, though, she wasn't a dwarf, like every other lass that had been born in the Chirp lands.

If a barbarian city is culture flipped while a barbarian hero is in the city, it will kill the hero. I've had it happen several times playing as Hyborem where the horsemen of the apocalypse show up, take over cities surrounding my civ that rapidly get culture flipped. I suspect this is an easy way to take out the red dragon, but I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't seen this talked about yet, and I found it rather interesting.

Acheron, having a 0 movement to prevent him from wandering off just got defeated and converted by my Sphener with command II. Is there a way to give him movement again when this happens, or should he not even be able to be converted in the first place?

Spoiler :

Version 0.31e
Skipping system specs, don't think they're important in this case.

I haven't seen this talked about yet, and I found it rather interesting.

Acheron, having a 0 movement to prevent him from wandering off just got defeated and converted by my Sphener with command II. Is there a way to give him movement again when this happens, or should he not even be able to be converted in the first place?

Spoiler :

Version 0.31e
Skipping system specs, don't think they're important in this case.

Acheron has been the source of more bugs than any other aspect of FfH. He has a long and sorid history of bad behavior including not showing up, duplicating himself, hiding his horde, wandering when he isnt supposed to and shooting fire out of inappropriate body parts.

As such he has been nailed to the ground (and given a penicilin shot). It is unlikely he will be allowed to move because when I think about it I huddle up in the corner of the room and cry.

Acheron has been the source of more bugs than any other aspect of FfH. He has a long and sorid history of bad behavior including not showing up, duplicating himself, hiding his horde, wandering when he isnt supposed to and shooting fire out of inappropriate body parts.

As such he has been nailed to the ground (and given a penicilin shot). It is unlikely he will be allowed to move because when I think about it I huddle up in the corner of the room and cry.

Heh, alright. Wasn't expecting a response that fast.
Anyway, I was thinking something along the lines of giving him movement when/if he is no longer be controlled by barbarians, but I wouldn't have a clue if such a thing is easily code-able, and probably isn't worth it since it rarely happens.
If nothing else, this served as a source of laughs; now to go mess with haste or something similar to try to get him to a town.. thanks for the response.

Edit: Whoops.. I always word things badly, second line fix'd.

If he's got any XP (or you can get him some!) then he can promote to Mobility.

Yeah, 'feeding' him cheap units for XP, so when you capture him you can give him Mobility is the only way to get him moving at the moment.

OK, time to write something that will make people hate me :sad:!?

I have long been agitating for a faster development towards solving all the "waiting for other civ"/OOS problems that has been plaguing the game.
Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on viewpoint) it now seems to be clear.

After upgrading my CPU AND Broadband connection and testing for several thousand turns including all civs and different setting we have had only two OOs messages. (Those were not surprising as they sprang from very specific events in the game.)

So, my apologies to Kael (and others) for putting the problem on you and now, sorry all you other guys for making you want to spend your money on better hardware.

Former specs: Pentium 4 3,20 GHz, 3 Gigs RAM, 24 Mbit/s broadband = Playable up 'til round around turn 200. Then constant problems.

Current specs: Quad (Q9300) 2,4 GHz, Same (physically) RAM, 100 Mbit/s connection. Same Video and sound card as previously.

Hope this at least straightens some questionmarks for some of you! :scan:

Cheers
/Rankel

If a barbarian city is culture flipped while a barbarian hero is in the city, it will kill the hero. I've had it happen several times playing as Hyborem where the horsemen of the apocalypse show up, take over cities surrounding my civ that rapidly get culture flipped. I suspect this is an easy way to take out the red dragon, but I haven't tried it yet.
Seconded. This happened to Orthus, who captured a Sidar city next to mine that I then flipped.

Also, some events don't seem to be working correctly. The first was the option to get a Smuggler's Port if you turned a blind eye to their activities. I took that option, but no Smuggler's Port. Similarly, when the Guild of Nine offered an Adept with Water I, I paid for his services, but ended up with an ordinary Adept with the three spell spheres of my palace.

I think Kael mentioned that events were going to be fixed in .32, at least the Gaelan event will be, but I assume he meant other events in general as well.

I'm not sure if this is a FfH issue or a general Civ IV issue, but I've noticed that the AI seems to go nuts on building naval vessels, even when it is 'stupid' for the AI to do so.

I've played many a game where I'm attacking with mostly ground forces and the AI keeps pumping out naval units. So I tend to over run them because they simply don't have the land units to defend themselves.

Plus, I'm not sure how you'd "fix" it, but I find it odd that Good civ's will pump out just as many Pirate units as Neutral or Evil civs will.

I'm not sure if this is a FfH issue or a general Civ IV issue, but I've noticed that the AI seems to go nuts on building naval vessels, even when it is 'stupid' for the AI to do so.

I've played many a game where I'm attacking with mostly ground forces and the AI keeps pumping out naval units. So I tend to over run them because they simply don't have the land units to defend themselves.

Plus, I'm not sure how you'd "fix" it, but I find it odd that Good civ's will pump out just as many Pirate units as Neutral or Evil civs will.

That's actually a fairly common BTS issue. I remember seeing a funny screenshot of darius building a huge fleet (something like 50 frigates) on an isolated sea.

Only that might make sense at FFH2 if those 50 ships were Arcane Barges. :eek::D
One of the things AI needs to be tought is to prefer those when building ships. :p That whould make for a serious force to be reckoned with.
But i can allready imagine Players complaining about AI going berserk and those things beeng to strong. :D Looking forward to it. :D

I played Elohim and built reliquaries in all my cities.

A unit died and the spirit guide moved the xp to one of my workers...

Workers with 20xp aren't very useful ;)

This has been plaguing me for some time. I can't get the Twincast promotion going properly. The civilopedia states that an Arcane Unit with 5 Str promotions is able to get the Twincast promotion. But I've played a game with Sheaim and had lots of 5 str Mages and Eater of Dreams but they didn't seem they were able to get it; I even had Spell Extension II on them. On the other hand Hemah seems to get it just fine. So, is Twincast a promotion, which is only available to Arcane type heroes with 5 str?

Blitz is a tad bit weird as well, sometimes you can get it and sometimes you cannot. And it's really frustating compared to Twincast because you normally don't get the drill promotions, but get the Str ones. From my observations it seems like units with base movement of 1 can't get Blitz. Can anyone confirm this?

Twincast needs hero-promotion, combat 5 and arcane unit-type.

I do believe Blitz is unavailable to Melee Units (and i belive Archery and Animals/Bests are barred as well). Bugged me as well but after looking it seemed clear and made sense. If looking up a promotion in the pedia also check to which unit-types its available to the lower left-hand side of the screen. If the unit has the "wrong" unit-type it wont have acess to the promotion. (Already aquired promotions if changing unit Types by upgrading stay though. Promoting high-level custom Units and timing their Upgrading right to get the Promotions you want is an art in and of itself. :p)

Also note, that by the Mutation-Spell (Chaos 2 Arcane) you can get some promotions (like Blitz) that the Unit cant normally get by promoting the unit in Question (you need some luck to get good promotions though.)

Top Bottom