FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

About the equipment, can't you use the same code for the enraged promotion: disbanding a unit makes it turn barbarian?

using 0.32 patch e
playing elohim

1. graphic bug - disappered a few turns later (picture 1)

2. the green notice shows a wrong message - the city defense is half as much as showed in the notice (picture 2)

3. the "you razed a city of us" attitude only grows, is this indented?

playing koriotates

1. every upgrade from cottage to enclave takes half as long as it is displayed

Attachments

• ffh6.jpg
    ffh6.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 125
  • ffh7.jpg
    ffh7.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 93
Well if it grows each time you raze a city of thiers and it grows, yea it's probably intended. If it is for a civ that you haven't razed a city of or it grows without you razing any cities, then it's a bug.

Repost of a Bug posted in .31, but not yet fixed:

Hellfire (Improvement) has no Valid Terrain or Features. This causes the Hellfire (Spell) to do nothing when cast. In order for the spell to create Hellfire by XML, the tile must be a legal tile for the improvement to exist on, and currently NO tiles are legal for Hellfire. A easy fix for that is to make Hellfire be allowed on all Hell Terrain.

Well if it grows each time you raze a city of thiers and it grows, yea it's probably intended. If it is for a civ that you haven't razed a city of or it grows without you razing any cities, then it's a bug.

it is for the right civ, but long after the war the counter never falls. i think about the other ones that slowly falls or grows, like "living peacefully"

That is because cannons are gunpowder units, and therefore negate some of the city's defenses.

mmh i dont think that this is the reason, because they changed the city defense from 0.31 to 0.32 and they forgot to change this in the notice. i'll try this with catapults.

it is for the right civ, but long after the war the counter never falls. i think about the other ones that slowly falls or grows, like "living peacefully"

mmh i dont think that this is the reason, because they changed the city defense from 0.31 to 0.32 and they forgot to change this in the notice. i'll try this with catapults.

In my experience there are several negative diplomacy modifiers which don't "heal" with time; I mean they don't get lower and/or disappear like "You refused to help us", which heals. From what I've seen, "You declared war on us!", "You declared war on our friend!" and "You razed our cities!" don't ever heal.

As for the city defenses, Gunpowder units like Cannons and Arquebuses ignore defense bonuses awarded by buildings, like Palisade. That's why you see 2 different defense bonuses in the city against a Cannon and a regular unit.

The death damage immunity from the 'demonic' promotion doesn't seem to be working right. I was using spectres and wraiths with +8 death affinity against stygian guards, and while the odds calculator was showing appropriately low numbers, I was winning almost every time - even with sub-1% odds. It was so consistent over so many combats that I don't think it can be just good luck with the RNG, I think the combat itself must be calculating in the death affinity strength.

.32 patch e

Early game a warrior of mine got the enraged promotion via chaos mana. A few turns later it turned into a orc unit and camped outside my capitol. When I built my 3rd city, he moved out of my capitol. The unit arrived at my 3rd city, camped for about 5 turns, and then disappeared into the wilderness. Seems like very odd barb behavior.

hope this one hasnt come up before but with the four word minimum (and apparently ignoring 'of' and 'the') I cant search for it, but is the Cave of Ancestors suppose to now only give +1 exp for each TYPE of mana available? The civopedia still one per mana.

.32e

Not sure if it is a bug or not... I was playing on Prince level, in every game I played, my neighbors always declare war on me around turn 70 or so. I usually had a few cities at that time, each with two to three warriors.

If they were trying to rush me, they were not doing a good job - in my current game, Bannor's attacking me (Balseraphs) with 1 warrior and 3 scouts. My defender warriors easily wiped them out.

It's happening in every game - alignment doesn't matter. Ljosalfar (good) attacked me (Bannor - Good) with scouts and a few hunters, and that particular one it's a forest-rape, as the whole continent was "infested" by forest.

And it's always around turn 70 or so. Either the AI's telling me 3 warriors is not enough (to scare them off, 3 was enough for defense), or it's an AI flaw.

P.S. Aggressive AI is off.

hope this one hasnt come up before but with the four word minimum (and apparently ignoring 'of' and 'the') I cant search for it, but is the Cave of Ancestors suppose to now only give +1 exp for each TYPE of mana available? The civopedia still one per mana.

I think it's always been one per type, but yeah that's what it's supposed to be.

using 0.32 patch e
playing elohim

1. graphic bug - disappered a few turns later (picture 1)

Sorry to be one to break it to you but that's your gfx card dieing. If you have overclocked it you might wanna clock it down somewhat.

I've had exact same glitches in unmoded Civ4 and had to return 7900gs card for warranty eventually .

Having a semi-repeatable CtD without any Python messages around turn 300 of epic, Monarch, as Cardith Lorda, 0.32e. It's happened multiple times in the same game earlier, but each time I've managed to avoid it by reloading. This time though so far it's happened every time on end of turn 301 or 302. Screen goes black except for a spinning-globe mouse cursor, then Vista cuts in and tells me Civ 4 has stopped working (as if I couldn't figure that out myself).

Save is attached, crashes for me immediately on hitting end turn.

Attachments

• Cardith Lorda AD-0301.CivBeyondSwordSave
    230.5 KB · Views: 47
.32 patch e

Early game a warrior of mine got the enraged promotion via chaos mana. A few turns later it turned into a orc unit and camped outside my capitol. When I built my 3rd city, he moved out of my capitol. The unit arrived at my 3rd city, camped for about 5 turns, and then disappeared into the wilderness. Seems like very odd barb behavior.

Barbs don't go inside cultural borders in the early turns.

Cave of Ancestors does indeed give 1 xp for each type of mana. As in 3 fire mana would still award your Adepts with 1 xp.

Sorry to be one to break it to you but that's your gfx card dieing. If you have overclocked it you might wanna clock it down somewhat.

I've had exact same glitches in unmoded Civ4 and had to return 7900gs card for warranty eventually .

thx for reply. my card isnt overclocked, but nearly 4 years old, now. that could be the reason. i have to buy a new one, if it will happen more often.

.32e
Very early OOS after pathing to e. (Have previously reported all gone after upgrading but now they are back (with a vengeance :()).
Have tried to reload game, re-start computer and, of course, checked the installation.
/Rankel

Top Bottom