FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Blight happen twice and no, it's not the pestilence event unless the pestilence event is just as bad as the blight.

First when the AC hit 40 the blight came, death damage (on units all over) and unhealth in cities (around +30 or so).

Then the AC dropped a bit and then it hit 40 again

a second blight with death damage (on units all over) and unhealth in cities (around +30 or so).

Sure it could be the pestilence event that hit me (just when the AC increased to 40 again) and with just as bad the blight.

I will play on and see if the AC can drop a point or two and then go back up to see what happen.

PS
Or his there a third event/effect that has death damage and unhealth in cities (to this degree)?

Are you sure it was just as bad as Blight? It could also be that the effect of Blight had not completely worn off when Pestilence struck, and so they stacked.

I don't know how bad pestilence can be so. Here is a save just right after it happened (for the second time). Is there something that can be done to test this out. I mean something to lower the AC (back to 39 or so) just to test this out. To do that in game is hard since I have no actual control over that.

Edit: Perhaps you right about that it was just bad luck that the pestilence event happened when the AC hit 40 again, I guess that was what happen. I shouldn't complain I playing the "good" elf and the matching religion so I don't suffer so much. I was just so suprised that the AC hit 40 again so quickly (it was low or mid 30 when it suddenly hit 40, wonder what happen, I know hyborem whispered ...).

Since (swollowing the fact that it was pestilence) both events have the text in the city that unhealth is added due to blight, couldn't that be changed to something else for pestilence (since I know that I wasn't the first who have asked this).

Attachments

• Fenhorn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    616 KB · Views: 54
A minor issue: with patch H I've stopped getting those cool text pop-ups when the AC hits certain levels ("And lo, the signs of the end were all around them but mortals did not see", etc, etc) and when blight & horsemen appear. I kind of miss them...

Yeah, signs of those "important stuff" would help alot. When where that removed. Know when you say it, I haven't seen any of those in a while.

:(That's no good.

I have been playing with patch e and I can't seem to get patch h to work. I reloaded the FFH 32 and patch h and still crash to desktop when starting a game. The menu comes up fine and the pedia file correctly shows the spell changes so I know the patch has been applied, but the game won't start. Its a basic windows XP and I haven't had any previous problems with FFH 30, 31 or any of the patches.

Oh, hmph, even if they have mobility? Then might as well disallow it to melee and archers.

You hadn't noticed that before? People have been pointing it out for a long time. Xienwolf has proposed a fix, and included it in his xml modcomp. It wouldn't be hard to borrow his code. Of course, it would probably be easier to just remove the block altogether.

How long is patch i going to take? I feel like (re)starting my modmod soon, but I don't want to redo everything immediately after a patch is released more than I have to.

I understand now that to run the h patch I need the 3.17 BTS patch. That should be made more clear before you download.

I'm playing my first game with .32h as the Sheaim, and I keep getting popup messages telling me to break agreements, declare war, etc. on the Doviello.

Nothing big there, EXCEPT they are coming from Mahala, the only Doviello civ in the game.

He wants me to break agreements with him (why doesn't he just break them?) and declare war on him (why doesn't he declare war on me?)???:confused:

Also, I have to say one interesting change in the new version (aside from the plethora of dangerous Griffons zipping around) is that I am getting much more gold from goodie huts than before. Triple digits seems common with up to 147. I never got that much in a hut before, and I was up to almost 1,000 gold when I stopped exploring due to getting tired of losing Scouts to Griffons. :cry:

As usual, lots of interesting and fun changes to experience in the new version/patch. :goodjob:

uh Mahala is a SHE, a woman, lol!

As for the strange diplomacy stuff, I have no idea.

Here's a bug.

I vasselised myself to a human player (me and two friends playing with 10 other AIs), very late game. Hyboream had gotten in very long ago apperantly, and after meeting him, I found he was massively behind in the tech race. So, I gave my new found demon all of my tech, but for a hitch, to declare war on my Patron.

The game immediately crashed to desktop.

And just before my other friend was about to use a dragon in combat for the first time. :p

In my game Ethne the White is worshipping The Order and researching Infernal Pact. I know she had converted to AV for awhile (probably coerced since it's not in many of her cities), so perhaps she started her research and then switched back to The Order.

In my game the Mercurians chosed OO as their religion (and they become neutral). The strangest thing with this was that the city that they started in was the holy city of the earth religion (their team was worshipping leaves). I couldn't stand this sillyness so I sent a priest lf the leaves to his city and introduced him to the leaves (he converted, thank ...).

Playing through a Balseraph game and noticed a couple of oddities--
Revelry gave me a whopping 24 turns of golden age. Maybe that's intentional, but it seems quite high. I suspect a bug because it was my second GA, and I've noticed before recently that a second golden age I got (with a different civ, via a Great person) was 12 turns when the first was 8.

Mimics can get bronze and iron weapons via combat.

Gypsy Wagons have a "spread corporation or religion" button. I guess I should have tried pushing it, maybe it is a feature I'm not aware of.

You hadn't noticed that before? People have been pointing it out for a long time. Xienwolf has proposed a fix, and included it in his xml modcomp. It wouldn't be hard to borrow his code. Of course, it would probably be easier to just remove the block altogether.
I'm a bit behind of late.

Top Bottom