FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

I thought privateer were the only HN units in BtS? If so, how whould they use transports?

They wouldn't. Course they could always drop their hidden nationality (and pick it up again later if they have the ability).

I've also noticed in my last few games that the AV gets founded pretty early. The elves get FOL, the dwarves get ROK, but then AV is the next religion founded. In my Epic speed game AV is usually founded before turn 200. This is quite a change from previously when often it was still sitting around waiting to be founded in mid-late game.

Seems like some civs, even ones you might not expect as you mentioned, are rushing to get it now.

I have noticed this too, but what gets me is that most of the time, I'm noticing Good Civ's converting to it, even when there might be a different religion available. Okay, I can sort of see the Bannor converting to AV if that's the first religion it comes in contact with, but I would expect it would convert almost immediately away from it when it gets access to another religion. I mean I found AV and then later the FoL simply because no one else had done so. I found it strange that the Svartalfar convert to OO after I founded it and then didn't go on to research FoL. In fact in that game, expect for Honor or Empyrium, I ended up founding all the religions.

I really think the religions have been a bit broke for the last few upgrades.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. Announcements pop up telling you that an AI civ has adopted Undercouncil or Council of Esus, both of which are supposed to be secret, right?

I thought privateer were the only HN units in BtS? If so, how whould they use transports?
Can't privateers carry units? If not, just give them the expanded hull promotion or a skeleton crew and you're all set...
A few reasons:
1. Flavor wise it doesn't make much sense to have "hidden nationality" units transported around in ships that clearly carry the flag of the owning empire.
2. HN ships getting attacked is exactly what we want, thats the penalty of hidden nationality (the advantage being that you can attack others as well). Being able to hide your HN units in non-HN transports to protect them would be an exploit.
3. BtS also blocks HN units in non-HN transports. I just messed up the code when I translated it from their HN definitions to the FfH ones (I rewrote it to make it appliable by promotions).
Flavor wise why would'nt a deceitful nation use national flagbearers to carry spies / saboteurs (or CIA agents) in their holds ? That would not be an exploit, just another trick... Now from a game mechanics stand point if non-HN ships can no longer carry HN units perhaps a less vulnurable unit than privateer (either faster or stronger) would help with the issue of cross-continent HN unit use...

Heal only works on living units, and Angels are not living. This isn't a bug, but a cosmetic issue. This mouseover (and many others) should be changed to be back in line with the effects.

I had "choose religions" turned on in a normal game of civ. Then I created an FFH game and the option was still on when the game started, even though it didn't appear in the option list.

I had "choose religions" turned on in a normal game of civ. Then I created an FFH game and the option was still on when the game started, even though it didn't appear in the option list.

Yeap, thats the challenge of saved game options.

In 0.33 some game options are forced off no matter what (so choose religions will be false no matter what your previous game or xml options are). That will help a bit. But if that doesn't work I may end up disabling the save options function.

But if that doesn't work I may end up disabling the save options function.

I would like that. Saved game options are nothing but trouble at the moment, especially for modders or modmodders. I heard a lot of people complain latly. To be honest, I don't understand, why they didn't make the game options saving mechanism mod specific. I mean, they could have putted it in the mods ini easily. Rreminds me somehow of the modular loading faux pas.

I would like that. Saved game options are nothing but trouble at the moment, especially for modders or modmodders. I heard a lot of people complain latly. To be honest, I don't understand, why they didn't make the game options saving mechanism mod specific. I mean, they could have putted it in the mods ini easily. Rreminds me somehow of the modular loading faux pas.

I think they assumed that most mods would want to keep them (most mods dont use custom game options). And Firaxis did add an option to disable saved options for your mod if you want.

Since we already have custom options, and more visible ones than pretty much any other mod, why don't you just completely remove the ones which you don't want to be used for FfH? Or at least relocate them to the end of the list, after the hidden ones which you do want to be able to use for scenarios. Though they will be a problem themselves once those scenarios start being played, as your next normal game will have the hidden options from your last scenario.

I rather like having my options saved. It would be disappointing to need to set them every single same (especially since remapping doesn't really work, so I need to start completely over if my map is terrible).

Since we already have custom options, and more visible ones than pretty much any other mod, why don't you just completely remove the ones which you don't want to be used for FfH? Or at least relocate them to the end of the list, after the hidden ones which you do want to be able to use for scenarios. Though they will be a problem themselves once those scenarios start being played, as your next normal game will have the hidden options from your last scenario.

I disable them, ie: force them false (or true in the case of no espionage) in the SDK so that players aren't messed up jumping between FfH and the main game or other mods. Those first 25 or so options belong to Firaxis and if I cut them from FfH players would be confused back to standard games where their prefered options seemed to "shift". Just trying to be a good neighbor.

I havent checked to see if options loaded in scenarios are saved, I assume they wouldn't be. But if they are we will add a function to reset them so they don't carry over.

You could add "Dummy Options" to the start of the list/XML for FfH which covers the base 25 for Firaxis. For us they never display and do nothing at all (players won't know they are there). Then have all of the options which you DO use set up after that. Sloppy, but works.

That would also make it easier for modmoders who aren't very comfortable with SDK (like myself) to add their own options to the game. Thus, I think it is a good idea.

Easy answer for your case I think Thorvald. If you can run patch D, that means you have BtS patch 3.13. That would also make you unable to run Patch L, which requires BtS patch 3.17

My Hero! I would not likely have noticed this as I can only mess around once every few weeks.

I'd like to confirm based on my current game a bug that was previously reported here or elsewhere in the forum.

I had Blight hit me when the AC hit 40. Five turns later, I built the Mercurian Gate in one of my cities, and Blight, not Pestilence, definitely hit me a SECOND TIME!

I had cities with a population of 20 showing 64 of those unhealthy green faces! What a double disaster that was!

I'm sad to say, I saw no reason to continue after this gamebreaking bug and decided to start a new game. :(

Fighting the Grigori. They have an Adventurer promoted into an Immortal in their capital. Every time I killed him in the capital he healed back up to 1/4 life or so. Infinite times per turn. (Well ok, I only tried five or six times in a row on a couple turns in a row, but the behavior didn't show any sign of slowing down.) Had to go into the worldbuilder to remove him.

I have a save game where this is reproducible if needed.

I'd like to confirm based on my current game a bug that was previously reported here or elsewhere in the forum.

I had Blight hit me when the AC hit 40. Five turns later, I built the Mercurian Gate in one of my cities, and Blight, not Pestilence, definitely hit me a SECOND TIME!

I had cities with a population of 20 showing 64 of those unhealthy green faces! What a double disaster that was!

I'm sad to say, I saw no reason to continue after this gamebreaking bug and decided to start a new game. :(

How do you know it was blight, and not pestilence the 2nd time?

Top Bottom