FfH2 0.32 Changelog

yea could you explain this decius thing? or is it for scenarios only?

I really don't see how the Bannor would accept the same leader who leads the Calabim, because if he also leads the calabim, wouldn't he be a vampire?

Also, what's the goblin wastes thing about? I know you don't want to spoil the events too much, but I'm just wondering here. A similar question, what do you mean by rewards nature for goblin wastes and rewards water for the library fire. I can see why the others have the rewards, sickness rewards body, which represents healing (although life mana could work, but I'm not going to argue over this as body mana works for me), the one for the library fire and water is obvious, but I don't get the goblin wastes one.

It's cool that the Gaelan event string is fixed, I've been wanting to get the continuation of it.

edit: oh yea, will there be a sort of crater from the meteor? There are a few hell tiles that have a crater-like feature on them, so that could be used.

I think it might be better for the FoL spell to summon a random animal instead of a tiger. Perhaps only one that could spawn on the type of terrain of the caster's tile?

I guess I can copy the way poisoned is handled for the other damage types easily enough. I'll be making a custom dll for my modmod anyway.

You didn't answer my question about the odds of getting poisoned. I think that 100% is too much. Also, does poison resistance decrease the odds? It should. (The requirement that the unit be living is probably unnecessary if resistance is taken into account)

Edit: (in response to the post after mine) I'm pretty sure it is all all the time, but it is only in your borders. I was thinking it would good if this required you have both the Nox Noctis and Council of Esus State Religion. Currently the religion is very nice to have as a secondary religion, but there is less incentive to adopt it. I think it would be overpowered if you can get this and the benefit of the Dies Diei while following another religion, but if these effects are tied to State Religion then it is a nice boost to religions that aren't adopted often enough. It would probably be good for the units not to keep their invisibility after attacking though; maybe it should grant Hidden to all units in you territory instead? (I'm guessing an in-borders stealth promotion might be too much; it would be better for the Sidar world spell to grant stealth though)

How easy would it be to borrow from this code to make/bring back a wonder like the Core of the Subtle, which applies the invisibility to only one unitclass (or unitcombat). Or to give any promotion to all units in your borders (or everywhere overall)?

6. Nox Noctis makes all your units within your borders invisible (if they aren't in cities).

hmm, wouldn't that be kind of overpowered? Is this a one time thing or is it an active effect, sort of like having into the mist worldspell active all the time?

Also, are some of those new event stuff event chains? because it sounds like some of them are, such as maybe the 21 signs event.

I'm looking forward to those new event stuff :)

As far as the summoning tigers go, I guess that would make the most sense for FoL because they have an emphasis on forests/jungles and tigers are one of the more powerful units in the game. Also one of the rarest, I've only seen them in a few games. While bears and elephants would be considered woodland or jungle animals (the asian elephant lives in more wooded environments than thier african cousins), bears are too dang common and elephants are the only animal that can currently be promoted into an unit. So, it makes alot of sense to me.

@ Demus on the previous page, the part about tiger cages will be tested out once we all get a chance to play this.

What about new unit graphics for Svartalfar hunters? It seems odd for a recon focussed civilization not to have some unique graphics. The scout graphics are awesome by the way.

very nice :)

I particularly like:

- AI changes
- Kuriorate rebalancing
- taking iron off of warriors
- spell delay feature (do think that if it applies to bloom it should probably apply to vitalise and spring too)

Nothing new from Ploe & C. Roland in this version yet huh? :(

/ah well nvm, maybe next time

Edit: and guys, I think Kael's being deliberately schneaky about this Decius guy, to see how we react :)

Edit 2:
What about new unit graphics for Svartalfar hunters?

cough

Edit 3: Ah, didn't see the Svart Immortal & War Centaur/Centaur Guard unit (whichever name gets used in the end).

yea and the reaction is 'give more info on this Decius guy', with variations.

I'm pretty sure all of us don't mind a new leader in the mod, it's the bieng a leader for 3 civs that doesn't make sense. I could somehow see some bit of lore to explain leading the Malakim and Bannor, but Bannor and Calabim? The Bannor and vampires just don't seem to mesh as far as a joint leader goes.

27. Added the Two-Headed Cow event.
28. Added the Decius leader (Bannor, Calabim and Malakim leader).
29. Added the Pick Alignment event (Decius can select his starting alignment).

Decius is the Two-Headed Cow, duh. No way a one-headed cow could rule three civilizations.

Decius is one of the main characters in "Ice", his full story will be told then. It will all make sense by the end.

Rewards nature means the player gets a better option if he has that mana type. The orphanage fire that exists in 0.31 rewards both life and death (giving each a perk option to the event).

43. Added the Enclave improvement (Kuriotate only, town upgrade, grants +1 gold and +1 food over towns, art by Woodelf, idea by TheJopa).

ohshi

Between this and the sprawling upgrade, I take it you took the low scores of the Kuriotates in that one topic seriously, huh? I'll definitely want to give the improved Kuriotates a go.

Well the Kuriotates do need a boost because thier cities aren't all that super and they don't grow much bigger than 24 maybe.

I sort of expected them to grow maybe 40+, or even 50+, but 50 would be stretching it. Which is my idea of a megalopolis city that they would have.

Just wondering here, are there any new event chains? besides the fixed witch event chain (I was told it's a chain) and the Circle of Gaelan chain.

So, like, the only civ getting a real boost... is already currently the most powerful one in the game. What gives.

And three questions:

I think you misunderstand, the battering ram is for the KHAZAD not the Luchirp.

The poor Khazad could use a little something as it is.

21. Added the Battering Ram unit (1 strength but 25% bombard rate).
22. Added the Create Battering Ram spell. Allows the Khazad to make siege units in the field. (delay 5, consumes the forest in the tile, only usuable by Khazad melee units, requires engineering).

May i suggest that Battering Ram becomes a Promotion rather than a unit ? (in the same way as the Great Commander can be attached to a unit as promotion).
The point is that Battering Ram as Promotion will be attached to a unit and therefore be more easily to handle. You dont have to worry about movement etc. The idea is also that a Battering Ram has to be carried by somebody and therefore it makes perfect sense to attach it to a unit.

Actually personnally I am most worried about the movement. If the Battering Ram has 1 movement (and no haste can be applied, because the Ram is non-living) it is simply not useful except in the early game (and it certainly wont be available from the start). But a Battering Ram that can be carried around .. that would be awesome!!!!

I think you misunderstand, the battering ram is for the KHAZAD not the Luchirp.

The poor Khazad could use a little something as it is.

I fail to see how either dwarven civ is could be the strongest civ in FfH. Obviously, the Khazad are weakened by their lack of magic. The Luchuirp seems weaker to me though, perhaps because I like leveling up a tiny but elite military so much. I love their flavor, but specialization is very important in the game. They need more ways to get promotions (probably through UBs) and a way to retrofit old golems to get these promotions (probably with a gold cost and a few turns on immobility). Their big weakness though is mobility. Golems are just slow.

(My modmod adds more Luchuip UBs, retrofit spells, and a SPECIALUNITCLASS_SIEGE. Siege units and Golems have this special unit type, and some dwarven and Runes UUs can carry this type of cargo. Mobility problem solved! They do have to drop the siege units to get into ships though... I'm unsure as to whether I'll actually keep this in.)

Battering rams actually seems like too rudimentary a siege unit for the dwarves to use to me. Although rams can be more advanced (with shelter for the crew, a metal head, etc) they are basically just logs that you bang against things. Basic battering rams seem more like a Doviello thing to me. (I'm thinking I may make this spell available to most civs (but not the elves) and give the Khazad a stronger UU that might take a turn ot two longer to build)

Hmm...would it be possible to add the ability for siege units to reduce city defenses while attacking, combining bombardment with a direct attack? I personally think that this would be much more realistic. I'll probably let most siege units (not catapults though) have a ranged attack so cannons would still really be bombarding, but people could still get hurt.

10. Hidden Nationality units in transports are treated as if they don't have hidden nationality (so you cant bump enemy units with a transport with a HN unit in it).
Great! It's been my pet peeve for a while! Does the fix work if you unload & reload the HN unit while inside the other guy's city ? Have you checked whether the bug also exists with the Troyan Horse ?
Cheers

I love you, Kael. So nice to see a game designer who actually listens to his players and makes suggested changes. :)

I've noticed this too! Thanks for the lion and succubus voiced Kael! :D

Al

Hmm...would it be possible to add the ability for siege units to reduce city defenses while attacking, combining bombardment with a direct attack? I personally think that this would be much more realistic. I'll probably let most siege units (not catapults though) have a ranged attack so cannons would still really be bombarding, but people could still get hurt.

Nice idea. Add it to the battering ram so you have to attack with its 1 strength to get the deffence down.

I also like the attachable option for the battering ram. The unit could have 0 move and could attach to a unit like great commanders do. The battering ram could decrees the units strength but add it back and with bonus to the unit if its attacking a city. It would have to disappear after the attack. Again, the problem is the AI.

Wont the AI mass cut all forests when playing the Khazad anyway? Or wont it be aware of the spell at all?

Like the rest of the changes a lot.

I fail to see how either dwarven civ is could be the strongest civ in FfH. Obviously, the Khazad are weakened by their lack of magic. The Luchuirp seems weaker to me though, perhaps because I like leveling up a tiny but elite military so much. I love their flavor, but specialization is very important in the game. They need more ways to get promotions (probably through UBs) and a way to retrofit old golems to get these promotions (probably with a gold cost and a few turns on immobility). Their big weakness though is mobility. Golems are just slow.

Movement wise Golems aren't fast, sure, but a Golem Army can successfully attack on multiple fronts, due to vastly superior strength, and the ability to cast fireballs. Oh, and a few adepts can keep repairing the stacks, giving them better healing than March. And keep in mind a Fresh Made Iron Golem is likely strength 15. A Champion with Iron is at best 9.6.

I don't necessarily feel the Chirp are the best, but the Khazad are very obviously not even in the running, so I figured he mistook one dwarf for another.

What about new unit graphics for Svartalfar hunters? It seems odd for a recon focussed civilization not to have some unique graphics. The scout graphics are awesome by the way.

Nothing new from Ploe & C. Roland in this version yet huh? :(

/ah well nvm, maybe next time

Edit: and guys, I think Kael's being deliberately schneaky about this Decius guy, to see how we react :)

Edit 2:

cough

ya the unit graphic im most interested in is svartalfar huntress, because hunters come so early and are one of the longest in use units in the game, and recon is the focus of the svartalfar who are one of the major focuses of shadow phase.. but cant complain cause the longer it takes seZ to make it the more insanely awesome itll be heh

Top Bottom