FFHBUG beta

Unitstats button and mana icons can be swiped from FF. (manabar is tied to Assets/res/Gamefont.tga)

For the .ini, set the Mod Name (in contrib I think)

eck, i was hoping to only have to edit the python and such. I don't know the first thing about editing graphics files :(

the cvmodname file has the correct mod name in it.

hmm... maybe i only need to fix the icon_grid file, and not the actual .tga

Very nice! I'm following this closely, even though I sadly don't have the time to play a lot these days... :(

There should be no need to edit the TGA file. Everything that BUG needs is included in the FF Gamefonts.tga files, and the only other changes are that Toads are now a toad instead of Kermit the Frog, and Pearls look like a Pearl instead of a purple clam. Plus you have a few extra mana types which won't interfere with base FfH, except that our Ice icon is different, and possibly not in the same place as 034, but you can just edit the icon reference to fix that without having to touch the graphics.

Also, I cannot remember if you stated that you have PLE icons up and running, but make sure that you cast Lichdom, and test a couple of Baby Spider battles until you have one upgrade to a Giant Spider. We were getting some Python errors which really bogged down the game in those cases. That combined with the much over-simplified unit help led to ditching the PLE (which sucked because it was pretty nice for the icon sorting/stacking deal)

alright, i fixed the mana bar issue. somehow i managed to mix up BUG's gamefont_75.tga with the FFH one. i've included it in the patch just in case, but it shouldn't have been a problem for anyone except myself :p

as for PLE, i couldn't really see the use of having it, i think it's more important for vanilla civ, where stacks may have air/ground/naval units potentially all in the same tile. it's also way complicated.

I found PLE indispensable in vanilla FfH, but I've gotten use to not having it and forgotten how to use it properly. I don't really care about ading it back anymore, an would prefer not to unless the bugs are worked out.

alright, fixed the FFHBUG.ini bug as well, turns out bug options was telling me it couldn't find "Fall from Heaven 2 034.ini" which was driving me crazy, since it was right there... but going over the code in BUGpath.py i realized that wasn't the file it was searching for. it was looking for "FFHBUG.ini" but telling me it was looking for the other one.

i've attached a copy of the file here, just extract this into your FFH folder and you should be able to access and change all the bug options. now that the big bugs i've found are ironed out i can get back to adding a couple more bug features :)

Attachments

• FFHBUG.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom