FfHII GOTMI Game Thread

This was fun, but far too easy... Higher difficulty next time, please. I finished religious victory in 203. :D (and was a bit lazy...)

114 founded runes.
140 barbs declared war (never experienced that before... but I play mostly on immortal. Have tried deity as well)
146 tablets of bambur.

1 war (doviello, to raze fellowship holy city)

Edit:forgot score (79324)

Attachments

• gotm11.JPG
    gotm11.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 110
  • gotm12.JPG
    gotm12.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 94
@lorgen:
Nice game.. looks like the religious victory isn't so hard as the devs originally thought.

When I played, I was under the impression that I just had to get my religion into 80% of the cities before another religion spread to 80% of the cities; didn't realize the 80% meant that all other religions combined had to be in no more than 20% of the cities until later.

Knowing that, I'd have done what you did and razed the other holy cities. Would have made things a lot easier in the end (since my percentage started going two steps forward and one back when I got above 70ish%).

(I still beat you in score though.. :D ;) :mischief:)

well, religious victory may be almost impossible. I think I`ve just done it once before. Especially when you play on higher difficulty, so that even if you bee-line to a religion, you often are 2. or 3. to form a religion. In addition to the low difficulty level, this map was ideal for RV. It was one single continent filled with rivers, so that trade was established with all opponents in just a few turns. If you play with continents, for example, it gets more difficult/impossible right away. In this case OO was founded just a couple of turns before I won, and FoL had not been able to spread to more than 2 cities. I started preparations for war as soon as it was founded. After razing the holy city, I went to raze the other doviello city with it. Did so on turn 202, and then I passed the 80% limit, and just had to click enter :D Rantine and Bambur together was a nice litte army;)

But I guess it is possible to win even earlier on this map. I took the time to research education and other "unnecessary" things before religion, didn`t bother to send missionaries at first, and I even automated almost all of my workers. I also didn`t think about tech-trading until someone offered me to trade techs. Most often I turn the tech-trading off. But when I remembered that, I didn`t bother trading either, cause I knew I was about to win. (even if I might have had a few extra point if I had traded techs :p )

So the game lasted just 1 hour 27 minutes... Fun, but too little of a challenge.

I've gotten religious victories on Monarch difficulty on multiple-continent maps. It's later in the game, and you have to be willing to do an amphibious invasion, but it's very, very possible. I prefer to use the Order for the free crusaders and nice heroes.

Any thoughts for a FfH II GOTM II thread? The first one was a great learning experience for me as I have only played FfH II for about 3 weeks. I am definitley hooked now....

that was cool for being the first FfHII GOTM but next one should be a bit more challenging, right? ;)

...if there is a next one. I'm surprised this one got so few submissions given the popularity of the mod.

A bit disheartening when I see people post scores x8 my final score.

Maybe start one with a revealed map, and allow people to replay it, each time
trying to beat the most recent high score. We could call "quest for the perfect game".

The really high scores are just because we finished in so few turns; the actual score gets multiplied like crazy. My final score for example, was ~69 times my actual game score. You can still have a really good game with a low score.. there's nothing wrong with building or whatever while the civs mature a bit and playing from there and then you can't get the high multiplier. In fact it's probably harder to win once you let the civs mature (get their better units with dozens in their cities, ..).

Anyhow, high score or low, it'd be interesting to see the different playing styles and more submissions would show that there's more interest in continuing GOTM..

Top Bottom