• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Final Frontier (bonus placement)

Phaedris

Chieftain
I'm making a modification for the Final Frontier mod :crazyeye:
The problem is after changing the terrain type from <bWater>0</bWater> to <bWater>1</bWater> the resources don't appear in the asteroids like they do in the original I have tried to change the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file but haven't had any luck making them appear.
I think it's because the asteroid is a feature and for some reason you can't have a bonus on a feature in the water.
My question is how do I force the resources to appear in the asteroids with a mapscript.
Or if anyone knows how to make them appear without editing the mapscript and I've missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm making a modification for the Final Frontier mod :crazyeye:
The problem is after changing the terrain type from <bWater>0</bWater> to <bWater>1</bWater> the resources don't appear in the asteroids like they do in the original I have tried to change the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file but haven't had any luck making them appear.
I think it's because the asteroid is a feature and for some reason you can't have a bonus on a feature in the water.
My question is how do I force the resources to appear in the asteroids with a mapscript.
Or if anyone knows how to make them appear without editing the mapscript and I've missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you write your own bonus placer you can probably force it, but I'm not sure what you are doing with the bWater flag. I will assume that is for the terrain type. In the BonusInfo file you need to set the FeatureBooleans and also the FeatureTerrainBooleans if you are using it with a feature. See how oil is written to appear in jungle in the normal game.

Top Bottom