Final Frontier Storyline and Human Acendency

Axa1ara

Chieftain
Alright, I give up. I know, I have one post, but please help me, I'm not trying to sound like a noob that doesn't know anything. I just played through the Final Frontier mod (which I thought was completely fantastic) and won through human acendency. Now, I have to questions: 1) What is human acendency? I understand that there is no video like the actual game, but what is it? Did I go to heaven or somewhere? 2) What happened to Earth?

Thanks!

Neither thing is defined in the game, though clues are given. There is a post which gives more of the Earth story, but even there the exact details aren't complete.

2 is easier, if not precise: Earth is gone, no contact, no final message. Nobody home. Whether they died or left, who knows.

If you want a take on ascendancy, Stargate SG-1 covered it in the later seasons. It isn't the only interpretation though. Whatever it is, it is beyond current understanding (as the game text suggests). Nobody knows, exactly, except that it is a good thing.

Where is the post which gives more of the Earth story?

I'm not sure where the original post with the story is, but here's an unused text string that explains some stuff (kind of):
Spoiler :
The completion of the Ascendancy Gate and its activation caused a massive release of energy. The detonation nearly caused a rip in the fabric of space-time, the results of which could only be speculated upon. Fortunately, safeguards built into the system were able to contain the immensely destructive force and stabilize the portal. These guards were not included in the original schematics which were discovered, but fear for the consequences of the gate's opening led to a complex protection system being included. It became clear what Jian Shen's research back on Earth had culminated in. It appears that his zealous desire to seek that which lies beyond did not end as he had hoped. But the new chapter for humanity has begun. With the gate opened, all that remains is to discover what is on the other side...

Thanks for this :) but I asked for the Earth story.

Hmm, you'd think that they would be able to figure that out then. I mean if you were looking for signs of unusual stellar phenomena near Earth (which I'm sure they would once they lost contact), a black hole is not easy to miss.

Top Bottom