Finalizing v1.11

I haven't played Colombia yet, but the UHV is supposed to also make you rely on the other colonial successor civs to kick Spain out of the Americas. Destabilizing Spain should let Peru appear, and Argentina should take care of Uruguay and Chile.

If it really is unfeasible I will adjust the end dates. But their UHV is definitely supposed to be harder and more hurried than the others.

Does the Peru have been put in the mod ? I didn't see them when I played the Colombia ...

Right, it's the normal randomized respawn that is triggered when the controlling civ is unstable.

All the embassy names seem to be messed up. For example, I'm getting the option to build Indonesian and Thai embassies when I haven't met them yet.

Should be fix with one of the commits from today.

Shouldn't the 600 AD start have the Grand Canal already built? Wiki says it was made around 10 years after, which is less than a turn. I don't know what town in China it would be in, though. Honestly, I don't really like the Grand Canal, as it adds to an already superpowerful China.
Furthermore, the Dome of the Rock is never built in Jerusalem. I think it should autospawn in it. (at least the 600ad one)\

EDIT: Ah, sorry, should of put this in suggestions forum

Brazil and Argentina are. I'm a bit hesitant to make Mexico and Colombia conditional because that would make things harder for people who'd like to play them.

I think you can, here is why:

People playing them will play out of the 1700 AD scenario (probably). In it, Spain, who controls the area, is almost always unstable enough to have them spawn. Just be sure to make the condition stability below solid (trying not to use numbers) and they will always spawn in the 1700 AD.

The spawn popups used to come up during autoplay, correct? Couldn't the Columbia and Mexican spawns be made unconditional if you started as Brazil, and have the spawn popular appear during Brazil's autoplay?

Switching civs during autoplay doesn't work, because the game doesn't stop until you click the popup.

It's true though that Spain is usually unstable enough to allow their spawn anyways, but I don't know how large the number of people is who'd like to play them in another scenario. The earlier the scenario start, the more important it becomes that Mexico actually spawns.

Couldn't you pause autoplay at the time of the Mexican or Colombian spawns? If the person declines the switch they're only waiting a few turns extra anyway. I was fairly certain autoplay stopped until you clicked the "Yes" or "No" in the dialog box though...

Brazil and Argentina are. I'm a bit hesitant to make Mexico and Colombia conditional because that would make things harder for people who'd like to play them.

Frankly, I think all the decolonization civilizations should be conditional, including America, none of these places would have become independent if they were content with the ruling government.

If there's something that has been reported already and I have forgotten about it, or you wish to report something new, please do it here.

Did your to-do list possibly include removing the "hints" from the original RFC list which do not apply to the DoC mod?

Now it does.

Frankly, I think all the decolonization civilizations should be conditional, including America, none of these places would have become independent if they were content with the ruling government.

That would be interesting to try at least. Would it be possible to at least make this a variable that can be edited a la optional civs?

Turning off America would only leave their area empty. This is not what the optional civ mechanic is supposed to handle (and yes, if you want to continue this, please not in this thread).

I'm still very confused by the Indian tech bug. Yesterday I created at least a dozen 3000 BC Tibet starts while I was doing other things and all of them showed a normal Indian tech rate. So if you encounter this situation again, please send me the first autosave that the game creates, right after 3000 BC.

Maybe it has to do with goodie huts? Maybe each turn they respawn and give a tech? A guess is better than nothing.

Top Bottom