First D

Zulose

Chieftain
Hi Everyone,

I just got my first Deity win, T324 Polish Dom V on standard pangea, and I want to a huge thanks to everyone who posts here, couldn't have done it without yous.

Here's some thoughts about why didn't go the way of all my previous attempts. I went tradition and as I only had 3 good spots I went for 3 cities. Previously i've had a shoddy 4th and I think that holds you back. I fought off an early DOW from Liz but couldn't CB rush a city, I didn't take any until around t180 when I got to dynamite. Perserverence is key I think, the renaissance can look bleak when you're still 7th/8th in tech but the field is often really bunched. By the mid-industrial you cna be in the lead.

Then I rolled up Liz and was getting stuck into Biz when he pulled out panzers so I had to make peace and tech to bombers. I paid someone else to DOW him and I think that helped to keep his units down for when I was ready to resume.

I had to adopt Freedom because Askia was almost influential and that was obs not ideal for my VC and that was all due to being sloppy about open borders. I'm used to vanilla where open boarders is no big deal, in BNW they screw you.

Good luck to everyone looking for that first Deity score - it feels sweet. Now I'm going for a win with all four starting trees, any suggested civs for Honour/Piety?

Nice win on Deity. I've never won a Deity Game before but one day I hopefully will accomplish that dream. If it even is a dream for me, haha. But like said before, congratulations on winning Deity.

Honour and piety are really challenging to start with, but piety is way more challenging because the units can't really defend themselves that well like they can with honor.

Piety has its faith specialization but that doesn't mean that you cant defend yourself. You can build units too and you can also get them into better rankings while you spread your religion, maybe?

Honor can get your units to rank up quick enough to take cities earlier way before the dynamite era. With a good solid foundation of composites and crossbows, experience can be raked up quick enough to get your units to capture cities and eventually capitals which is the requirement for DomV.

for HONOR: I suggest Japan absolutely crazy I took down a city with 3 Samurai 1 CB and 1 Trebuchet it was on a hill and had about 36 strength
for Piety?: not sure really, maybe Ethiopia?

Honor&Piety: Indonesia is a good choice, maybe Spain with a NW or Ethiopia.

That is incredible, I have learned so much here as well. Trying to set goals too early will destroy your game. You have to adapt to the situation. Also(!) hard to believe you won without taking an early Capitol. Without the extra goodies that can give you. I like the boost pre-Industrial.

Seems like you were incredible. I have never gotten Bombers in time against the lead science foe(only once and it was still not enough). Plus the Hammers to produce them... My last attempt at Deity I had the AI pumping out more units than I could kill. My map was divided into two continents which made me finishing the game too tedious. Never like playing the Naval Game.

The science lag you can get from your starting position, is disheartening. Especially when you think you're doing so good. Also surviving an Early Rush. That takes a skill in itself. You end up buying yourself a wall and having to rush CBs to keep off the hordes. Really takes some effort.

Woke up in my last game with 4 warmongers on my borders playing the Shoshone(they just tick everyone off with the vast expanse)

P.S. Put on Raging Barbs, if the situation is worthwhile Honor is possible I find. The Culture I get early(but I think I have read and I do believe Honor favors early victory)

I wouldn't suggest piety until you are comfortable winning on deity consistently. Honor start is quite good on deity actually. Pick a strong civ with medieval ranged UU such as Arabia, Mongolia, England if you want to try some strong civs for DomV. You'll eventually find that Poland is actually a tier above the rest of the civs due to how strong the extra SP are.

It would be great for you if you could get way more deity wins. Theres a strategy and tips section where you can share screenshots about all your other deity wins, game progress and other commentator players also.

Top Bottom