First Day NFL Draft Steals??

tcjsavannah

Wow, it's been a while...
Even though it wasn't a steal, I love the Jaguars getting Byron Leftwich.

How stupid are the Minnesota Vikings??

And Willis Maghee will be the steal of the first round - in 2005.

the big idiots arent the vikings, they still got they guy they wanted. the only thing they missed was an additional pick. still a screw up, but not as bad as the ravens.

the idiots are brian billick and the ravens. they screwed around and missed out on leftwich. failing to get the trade in on time cost them leftwich and next years no 1 pick.

i am not one of those people that think boller will be the next marino. I do think that leftwich will be a perennial pro-bowler.

just think, the ravens could have had leftwich with a moderate trade of a 3rd round pick this year, but instead, were forced to trade away next years 1st pick for a guy who does not match up to leftwich.

that said, im glad that leftwich is in the afc south instead of the afc north.

Maghee may work out, but i dont understand the bills taking him. that just does not make sense.

I agree with your Baltimore comments - Boller is Jay Barker lite and will not be an outstanding QB. Now he could be decent - remember, the Ravens did win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, so they don't need a really good QB in their system - but there's no way he's going to put up the 4,000+ yard seasons that I think Leftwich could do easily.

They may strike out with Boller, but I think Suggs is going to make everyone forget about him. This guy has got a lot to prove and he will come into the season with a huge chip on his shoulder for those who were whining about his 40 times....

Also, don't be surprised to see Musa Smith make a big impact on third downs and short yardage/goal line situations...

I saw an article that gave Baltimore the top grade in the draft because they got both Suggs and Boller. I think B+ is closer, but I have never been big on Boller. I could be wrong of course. The Ravens paid about a #10-12 price for him, which is about right. If this turns into an Emmit Smith situation, then this might be the draft of the decade.

IMO the biggest slider was Trufant to Seattle at 11.

J

PS I posted a grade card for a number of teams.

Top Bottom