First G+K DLC - Name it!

What seems to be the next most likely DLC items?

• Total voters
For DLC: I would think Zulu makes a lot of sense (given their inclusion in previous civs)

With that said, they could also be included in a much larger Colonial based XPac (someone mentioned this idea earlier). Colonialism would allow for countries who were created or destroyed as a result of colonialism. Easily could include Canada/Australia, South Africa, Zulu ect. Colonialism can also introduce the American Revolutionary War.

But the Zulu are not a civilization!
They did not have great cities,did great things,built great buildings or did anything great or important for history!
They do not deserve to be in this game!
Kongo or Zimbabwe are far better choices.
Same with Canada,Australia and South Africa + they are too modern

But the Zulu are not a civilization!
They did not have great cities,did great things,built great buildings or did anything great or important for history!
They do not deserve to be in this game!
Kongo or Zimbabwe are far better choices.
Yeah, I do agree, I think I actually mentioned I want Zimbabwe in the game. But Zulu is better than nothing :)
Same with Canada,Australia and South Africa + they are too modern
I was thinking of bringing that argument up against that Wolf guy, but decided against it. America isn't that much older and yet it's still in the game.

I was thinking of bringing that argument up against that Wolf guy, but decided against it. America isn't that much older and yet it's still in the game
But it's nullified by the fact that America did very great things and is one of the most influential and greatest nations ever!

The next DLC will probably be something like "Huns get free stealth bomber with air repair and logistics on turn 50 and Austria can buy "winning the game" for 100g at renaissance"

Moderator Action: Removed unnecessary comment. Please stop trolling others.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
But it's nullified by the fact that America did very great things and is one of the most influential and greatest nations ever!
Point taken, although the word "ever" might be an overstatement. A country like China for instance has had a much longer and bigger influence on the world than America, not to mention "greatest" is subjective to say the least. Still, its influence does warrant a place.

Heck - how about an addon where you get to build your own?

Kinda like Master of Orion and other games let you do. Name it and then pick from attributes/units perks that have a price point next to them. Select from flags, provide your own... select from lists of city names or make your own.

Have it save configurations to XML so people can share their custom civs with eachother (so not a mod, but they can load these from file at the time of picking a civ and game settings).

Heck - how about an addon where you get to build your own?

Kinda like Master of Orion and other games let you do. Name it and then pick from attributes/units perks that have a price point next to them. Select from flags, provide your own... select from lists of city names or make your own.

Have it save configurations to XML so people can share their custom civs with eachother (so not a mod, but they can load these from file at the time of picking a civ and game settings).

That would be awesome - I used to love Master of Orion II. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that Civ will ever go in that direction due to the historical nature of the game.

That would be awesome - I used to love Master of Orion II. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that Civ will ever go in that direction due to the historical nature of the game.

Yeah - probably true.
Thinking more about how this would have to work: selecting/customizing a Unique Unit would make this much more complex unless those are canned options to pick from too... which would then detract from the overall fun of such a feature.
Make it too complex and people won't spend time with it... and make it too-too complex and you're really just talking about an alternate way to make a mod.
Gah >.<

Seriously? I think their future DLC's should be IPs. They have a "kinda interesting" steampunk one. How about horror? Sorcery? (I miss Kael) Sci-Fi? a mixture like Shadowrun? ok, they won't "call" it that, but still... Using the engine to make clever scenarios instead of just "woo doo make the ancient wonders first" or "dee dee discover the new world" :p.

Maybe they should just hire me. On second thought that would take all my fun from playing.

But we already have a Native American civ. It wouldn't make sense to have a Native American civ and the Iriquois in the same game!

I would love to see Tibet, but I think that might lead to an international scandal. That subject is very... Let's just say I don't think Firaxis want to go there.

Oh, Kingdom of Zimbabwe! yeah, want them in the game too.

I don't think Tibet would produce enough of a scandal for people to care. The limit of players in China that play Civ 5 is telling - and you would simply focus the civ on the 7th century Tibetan Empire - not the pseudo modern Tibet people hear about.

========

There have been more controversial stuff in game (IE Stalin) - I honestly don't think Firaxis cares about it too much.

That being said I would like to see them in.

========

A couple of choices for me

Israel
Tibet
Comanche/Apache/Anasazi
Zimbabwe
Morocco
Portugal
Indonesia (Rather than the Java Kingdoms or Majapahit)
Kongo
Brazil

==========

I already have a name for this Expansion worthy list of DLC (Obviously its ripped off of Jared Diamond - but hey why not have Jared Diamond voice overs)

Civilization 5 :: Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I don't think Tibet would produce enough of a scandal for people to care. The limit of players in China that play Civ 5 is telling - and you would simply focus the civ on the 7th century Tibetan Empire - not the pseudo modern Tibet people hear about.

========

There have been more controversial stuff in game (IE Stalin) - I honestly don't think Firaxis cares about it too much.

That being said I would like to see them in.

========

A couple of choices for me

Israel
Tibet
Comanche/Apache/Anasazi
Zimbabwe
Morocco
Portugal
Indonesia (Rather than the Java Kingdoms or Majapahit)
Kongo
Brazil

==========

I already have a name for this Expansion worthy list of DLC (Obviously its ripped off of Jared Diamond - but hey why not have Jared Diamond voice overs)

Civilization 5 :: Guns, Germs, and Steel.
Guns,Germs and Steel is a very good documentary they should add it to civ 5 as a free commentary documentary for obivious resons. and I agree with the majority of the civs you picked.

Guns,Germs and Steel is a very good documentary they should add it to civ 5 as a free commentary documentary for obivious resons. and I agree with the majority of the civs you picked.

Thats part of the preorder package :D!

A great book by all means

Why does everyone want the zulu? Just because a civ was in previous civ game doesn't mean it should be in another. I thing the Scythians, Hittittes, or maybe even the Mitanni.
People in the western world have heard of the Zulu. That is why they have some appeal, whereas some more relevant yet lesser known nation or tribe does not have this appeal. Making the game is all about the cash it generates. I'd pay to play the Zulu, I would not even consider buying the Hittittes of Scythians or Mitanni.

It is as simple as that.

Top Bottom