First game on Noble. Ouch.

wilkie

Chieftain
Standard, Archi, High water level, playing as Saladin. Picked Archi and High water for fun, thought the starting landmasses for all the civs would hold maybe 2-3 cities at most.

Genghis had a freaking 10 city continent all to himself, of which we were close neighbors and my first contact. He declared right away, and my massive Galley Navy saved my skin. After sinking 4 galleys and sending a lone axeman to pillage, (also managed to kill a pikeman and 2 archers...thank you Cover!) he offered 230 gold to shut me up. I gladly took it. My starting land mass was big enough to hold...one city. I managed to branch out to get stone, but that was it.

Managed to found 3 religions (Islam, Hinduism, Christianity) and Genghis coverted to Hinduism, so we were friends from then on out.

I finally quit at 1958 when I was still building catapults, trying to take down Musa. Waging a war with only 3 cities (one captured) takes a very long time. Especially when one has been culture-killed to 2 tiles, one is the desert-stone quarry and the last is the capital.

Got hosed on the map generation (don't we all) but I won some rather impressive 20% naval battles. Managed to keep tech parity fairly well. I think if I had the massive 10 city continent things would have been different. Bah! Next game... :hammer:

Welcome to Noble ! I finally moved up after some stiff times with Noble and try to win my first one on Prince now. It's a tough long road though...

LT

That's what I thought. I was able to keep fairly close in tech with only 1.5 worthwhile cities. In the end I always win because only I have the 'exit to desktop' button.

When playing water maps

Research naval technologies as soon as possible, colonize other islands and squish your neighbours!

You need a healthy 3-6 cities atleast.

(I once won a game with only 3 cities, multiplayer, they were very nice cities)

Top Bottom