First they came for the cats...

I hate cats, I say round them up and ship them to Gitmo

why didn't the goverment tell us about the fact it can jump to cats?
I'm living right in the middle of the bird landing base when they come back from Africa.
I've got a cat and quite frankly i'm getting worried.
I also went helping build bird accomodations for the past 4 days.( we got the order from our goverment to put ALL birds away in an accomodation )
The reactions of the posters here is quite funny. When it was Anthrax time the Americans panicked and the Europeans were like:"don't be silly" and now its vice versa

Little Raven said:
I doubt it. This is typical knee-jerk reaction by governments to show that they're doing something. It won't really accomplish anything and it won't go any further. And eventually, people will get used to the idea of living with Avian Flu.

The wheel turns.
That sounds epidemologically unlikely - flus rarely stay around long enough for people to get used to them.

philippe said:
The reactions of the posters here is quite funny. When it was Anthrax time the Americans panicked and the Europeans were like:"don't be silly" and now its vice versa
Yeah, we did get a little nutty when the anthrax happened. On the plus side, I have an amusing story about my sister's office during the whole anthrax flap. The office had a break room, with the usual coffee machine and creamers, but when the scare was going on, there was a sign posted in the room, saying:
Due to the danger of an anthrax attack, powered creamer is prohibited.
I kid you not, this actually happened, and yes, it did say powered creamer, which she found rather funny, and told it to us. Also keep in mind that this was a minor telecommunications company based in Richmond that she worked at, not a government building or next to one.:crazyeye:

Top Bottom